Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Men - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26, 10:50 am EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I really loved Kozuka's routine! Was so caught up into it that I almost forgot the jumps, though I recall he completed them all, but did land forward on his 3A. What I don't understand is why he doesn't do a quad in the SP? I always hear reports that he does them in practice; wish he would do them on the ice as well.

Still, this FAB routine should put him into 1st place imho.
    His quads are very, very inconsistent and he always gets tons of GOE on his 3Lz-3T

Is Kozuka trying to outflap Evan? yea, not as obvious with his short arms - but he was flapping them all over the place,
    It would be nice if his character out there fit the music for more than 3 seconds.....
    A dull SP IMO with mediocre choreo....

He is capable of much more...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I thought Mroz was judged very generously. He was exceedingly dull. I would have had Chafik ahead of him, and Liebers with higher PCS.
    I agree. And it's not like Mroz's jumps--his usual lifeline--were very good today either.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Clunky 3A landing. Not digging his step sequence. Kozuka 1st wit 77.64 (SB). Aww he gets a little kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Is Kozuka trying to outflap Evan? yea, not as obvious with his short arms - but he was flapping them all over the place,
    It would be nice if his character out there fit the music for more than 3 seconds.....
    A dull SP IMO with mediocre choreo....

He is capable of much more...
    Agreed. Last year's LP was sooo MUCH BETTER.

Ohh Brian's on.

Custom Title
    Was that little hop Brian's attempt to do a combo on his first jumping pass?!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I agree. And it's not like Mroz's jumps--his usual lifeline--were very good today either.
    I get the feeling he is getting rep points from the judges due to all of his quad attempts. He's not one to shy away from difficulty, even if he does live up to his nickname Mrozzzzzzzzzz. :yawn:

Poor landing on quad. Does a 4-1. Steps out of 3A. Powerful, clean lutz though. He had more fire back in Beijing. Still love his costume though!

Custom Title
    Yeah, not Brian's night, jumping-wise.

Brian's still no God of Artistry or anything, but I respect that he's trying something new with his programs...

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    The Rossini arrangement that Mroz is skating to is unbelievably ugly. Such charming music too. Makes me hate his program. He seems like another Lysacek, but with quads and without the drive.

Bravo Kozuka. Much more personality and beautiful style. Love one of his spins but don't know the name - bent leg camel w nice arm position.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 11-26-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Custom Title
    Oops, I don't think Brian did a combo.!?! He really has to rise to the occasion like Zhenya does when pushed, especially by this new younger generation like Amodio & Mroz. Brian's the king, they are only pretenders. He definitely UR the quad, then stepped out of his shakey 3A, with the only good clean jump being the 3L.

Brian, get your cajones back, and bring down the house with your LP!

Custom Title
    I don't understand, why didn't Brian tack on the combo on his 3Lz?

Brian makes a "I don't know what happened" face to his coach. Heard he had really good practices. Wonder what happened. Gets 66.95.

Custom Title
    66.95 for Brian Joubert.
    Fifth place.

Not surprising, but I'm surprised he wasn't held up more.

Custom Title
    Brian's SP is honestly my favorite. Amodio is skating to the same music as Brian, really trying to threaten him as #1 in France, and Brian has to answer the challenge!

Come on, Brian, you honestly have ALL the goods, you just need to rise to the occasion!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast