Men - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26, 10:50 am EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26, 10:50 am EST

oleada

Record Breaker
I thought Mroz was judged very generously. He was exceedingly dull. I would have had Chafik ahead of him, and Liebers with higher PCS.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really loved Kozuka's routine! :clap: :party: Was so caught up into it that I almost forgot the jumps, though I recall he completed them all, but did land forward on his 3A. What I don't understand is why he doesn't do a quad in the SP? I always hear reports that he does them in practice; wish he would do them on the ice as well.

Still, this FAB routine should put him into 1st place imho. :)

evangeline

Record Breaker
Good skate from Kozuka.

He can definitely work on his IN and PE, but his SS really stands out, especially after Mroz.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I really loved Kozuka's routine! :clap: :party: Was so caught up into it that I almost forgot the jumps, though I recall he completed them all, but did land forward on his 3A. What I don't understand is why he doesn't do a quad in the SP? I always hear reports that he does them in practice; wish he would do them on the ice as well.

Still, this FAB routine should put him into 1st place imho. :)

His quads are very, very inconsistent and he always gets tons of GOE on his 3Lz-3T

janetfan

Match Penalty
Is Kozuka trying to outflap Evan? yea, not as obvious with his short arms - but he was flapping them all over the place,
It would be nice if his character out there fit the music for more than 3 seconds.....
A dull SP IMO with mediocre choreo....

He is capable of much more...

evangeline

Record Breaker
I thought Mroz was judged very generously. He was exceedingly dull. I would have had Chafik ahead of him, and Liebers with higher PCS.

I agree. And it's not like Mroz's jumps--his usual lifeline--were very good today either.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Clunky 3A landing. Not digging his step sequence. Kozuka 1st wit 77.64 (SB). Aww he gets a little kiss.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Is Kozuka trying to outflap Evan? yea, not as obvious with his short arms - but he was flapping them all over the place,
It would be nice if his character out there fit the music for more than 3 seconds.....
A dull SP IMO with mediocre choreo....

He is capable of much more...

Agreed. Last year's LP was sooo MUCH BETTER.

Ohh Brian's on.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree. And it's not like Mroz's jumps--his usual lifeline--were very good today either.

I get the feeling he is getting rep points from the judges due to all of his quad attempts. He's not one to shy away from difficulty, even if he does live up to his nickname Mrozzzzzzzzzz. :yawn:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Poor landing on quad. Does a 4-1. Steps out of 3A. Powerful, clean lutz though. He had more fire back in Beijing. Still love his costume though!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Yeah, not Brian's night, jumping-wise.

Brian's still no God of Artistry or anything, but I respect that he's trying something new with his programs...

The Rossini arrangement that Mroz is skating to is unbelievably ugly. Such charming music too. Makes me hate his program. He seems like another Lysacek, but with quads and without the drive.

Bravo Kozuka. Much more personality and beautiful style. Love one of his spins but don't know the name - bent leg camel w nice arm position.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oops, I don't think Brian did a combo.!?! :eek: He really has to rise to the occasion like Zhenya does when pushed, especially by this new younger generation like Amodio & Mroz. Brian's the king, they are only pretenders. He definitely UR the quad, then stepped out of his shakey 3A, with the only good clean jump being the 3L.

Brian, get your cajones back, and bring down the house with your LP!

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Brian makes a "I don't know what happened" face to his coach. Heard he had really good practices. Wonder what happened. Gets 66.95.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Brian's SP is honestly my favorite. Amodio is skating to the same music as Brian, really trying to threaten him as #1 in France, and Brian has to answer the challenge!

Come on, Brian, you honestly have ALL the goods, you just need to rise to the occasion!