Men - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26, 10:50 am EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26, 10:50 am EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yeah, Nan Song landed all his jumps! :) Opened with a beautiful 3L/3T right on time to the music, then followed that up with a nice steady 3A, and finally ended with a big 3F. Nice spins, beautiful quality to his skating. I enjoyed it, but am especially looking forward to his LP. :)^)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kozuka does wonderful Russian splits in front of Kevin Reynolds. Kev warms up with a nice 3S. All the top men are on the ice! :party:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Replay shows Mroz landed a beauty quad! :clap: And Kozuka is owning the ice, what's new! ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
My first glimpse of Brian, and he wins most handsome by far! :love: And he too owns the ice, just does a beautiful quad!!!!

1 minute left in warmup!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Besseghier: Where has this guy been hiding? Diamond in the rough.
Liebers: Enjoyed his programs a lot at CoC. Hope he continues to improve. He's got a unique sense of style, without being kooky.
Song: Always :love: his skating even when I can't stand the music (RFOD). Think he's the best of the current Chinese men by far.

evangeline

Record Breaker
FLORENT AMODIO, FR
Once Upon a Time in Mexico

3A – v. good
3Lz-3T
3F
I know Morozov is given a lot of flack around here here, but IMO, he’s done wonders for Florent's jump consistency in so short a time.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gorgeous routine by Amodio of France! :clap: His jumps are effortless and come out of nowhere ~ opened with a gorgeous 3A, then followed up by an equally gorgeous 3L/3T, and I think the last one was a 3F. Looooooooooooved the footwork with the music, except he had a slight bobble but recovered well, just incorporated it into the music. :) He reminds me of Phillipe Candeloro, and even though his line wasn't too good like Amodio, Phillipe ended up being a 2-time Olympic Bronze Medalist. Loud applause from the audience, right on! :party:

ps: watch out, Brian!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kevin seemed awfully nervous to me, I had a feeling he would miss a jump, but at least he went for it. Now expectations are high & Kev has to learn to deal with them, which I'm sure he will. :)

Opened with a nice 4/3 combo. & followed it up with an equally nice 3A, but fell on the last quad. Still his spins are Fab, especially his stretched out camel spin. Good job, Kevin, good job. Looking forward to seeing your LP! :party:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Missed most of Kevin Reynold's SP, but he fell on his last jump (which was definitely not a quad)

evangeline

Record Breaker
Is it just me, or does Brandon M. seem kind of slow? He could definitely use some power in his skating.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Brandon Mroz always seems to make little mistakes/bobbles here & there. Opened with a beauty of a quad, then there seemed to be some hesistation before he added the nervous 3T. Same thing with the 3A, afterwards he caught he edge reminiscent of Mao at the 2010 Olympics.

Still he comes in 2nd place thus far. :)

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Wonky landing on his quad, otherwise fine. Brandon Mroz gets 72.46 (40.53/31.93) for his effort.