6 Sarah HECKEN GER

Warm-Up Group 2
    7 Haruka IMAI JPN
    8 Mirai NAGASU USA
    9 Alissa CZISNY USA
    10 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN
    11 Kiira KORPI FIN
    12 Mao ASADA JPN

Everyone you want to watch is in the last group. Who could falter and let Fumie into that last LP group? or is she too past her prime to even consider it? Mao can win this and ruin at least one from the Final among Nagasu, Phaneuf and Korpi. Czisny needs to podium to get in Tie with the others. This is for me an exciting event.

The last group will be interesting. A couple of years ago I would have said Mao will blow the field away, not sure know. I think Mao is the best skater
    in this group but she has had tech problems because of the reworking of her jumps. If she has an outing like she did at NHK, I believe that either Czisny or Korpi are
    the front runners here. I am not familiar with Haruka of Japan so I am not sure how she will fit into the equation. Mirai has the capabilities and talent to win
    but IMO she is a long shot.

Anyway, Good Luck to all of the Ladies tomorrow!!

Custom Title
    Haruka Imai is quite a consistent skater. She'll be in the Top 5, and if the top skaters struggle, watch her squeeze right in. I actually prefer Imai to Kanako Murakami for some reason.

I was really impressed with Mae Berenice MEITE a few weeks back. She reminds me of a Andrea Gardiner meet Surya Bonaly. It's refreshing to finally see a French Lady Skater who can jump again. Ahhh.... I miss the 90's when the French Ladies were supreme with Hubert, Bonaly, and Gusmeroli....

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TtonyV7 View Post
    I actually prefer Imai to Kanako Murakami for some reason.
    As do I, she reminds me of a young Yukari Nakano.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Not too excited. SC was a pleasant surprise, but Alissa has not been able to put together two decent competitions back to back. Mirai, apparently, is still clunky, but she should be more polished than COC & this time free of Zayak cancellation. Mao's 3As from the NHK practices forbode disaster (bad UR, two-footed, wavering axis), but they seemed much better in the one practice clip I saw. What's nagging me is that wonky flip, which is her lifeline in times of 3A inconsistency. Expect much better performances from her too. All three are hard to predict based on just hearsay & a short practice clip since practice quality doesn't necessarily equate to results, esp. in their cases.

But I'll go out on a limb & say (1) Mao (2) Mirai (3) Alissa, all three not at their best.

I have not heard anything about the other skaters, though. Cynthia & Kiira could definitely be upsets. The top three ladies I've mentioned can either rock it or bomb it. Go figure.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Does anyone know of any live feeds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Does anyone know of any live feeds?
    http://tvali.ge/index.php?action=sat&channel=70955

It gets delayed, but better than nothing

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Fabulous. Thanks!!

Custom Title
    good luck to all ladies

Custom Title
    Well I have to admit I'm bummed about the Mens SPs. :( Hopefully the last group of ladies will give me a pick me up.

Until then, GOOD LUCK TO ALL! (:^)

Custom Title
    Well I have to admit I liked Candace Didier's overall style & line, especially her spirals, pleasant surprise (& I wasn't going to watch, lol). But like Carolina Kostner the wedgie is unpleasant to behold. :(

ps: I've heard the name Didier before, hmmm, I wonder if she's an older skater?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    ps: I've heard the name Didier before, hmmm, I wonder if she's an older skater?
    France has another ladies skater named Gwendoline Didier, but she and Candice are not related.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    France has another ladies skater named Gwendoline Didier, but she and Candice are not related.
    Isn't there a big coach in France with the last name Didier too?

Custom Title
    Nice program from Sonia of Spain. "The Feeling Begins" always reminds me of Oksana Baiul, but in this case I also thought of Michelle Kwan, as Sonia is more representative of her style. (:^) The fly part of her flying camel spin had absolutely no fly, but the other spins were nice.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast