Ladies - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26: 12:45 pm EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26: 12:45 pm EST

TtonyV7

On the Ice
I must say I have not seen a Triple Loop - T.Toe combo in ages!

Very impressive. It's quite a rare combo, both in the ladies and men division.

It's a tricky combo, sometimes the curve of the landing hinder skaters from being able to tap a triple after wards.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Oh on replay her sit spin wobbled. Might not get a Lv4.
Taking a while for the score to come out.

Mirai in 1st with 58.42 (31.09/27.63)

Did she get a DG?

Probably not, that's what she got at COC too without downgrades, and add around 4 points for the spiral, and she has around 62-63, her score for her good SP at COC last year

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I mean, there is this person who updates the videos on youtube basically DURING the competition, so if you can wait and just watch the scores live, then you can see the videos very soon

Thank god for dedicated figure skating fans.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Nice to hear the first two were strong although sounds Mirai has yet to knock it out of the park like we know she can. Congrats to both. Thanks for the updates everyone!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Frank clearly not happy with Mirai's score.......

Has he seen her program? IMO, it's the worst SP she's probably ever had. Frank's delusional when it comes to scoring of his skaters anyway. I recall him complaining at Nationals last season that Evan didn't receive 9s in PCS even despite the fact that he was very shaky in both programs.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Really lovely performance from Alissa, only mistake the fall on the opening 3L, everything else very very good, especially the spins ~ WOW! :eek: :party:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Alissa steps out of her 3Lz (maybe UR), tacks 2T to her 3F. Makes up for the lutz with her gorgeous spins. Amazing layback! Shes was pretty slow.

I don't understand why the coaches are being shown DURING the performances. It's distracting.

Sackie

Medalist
Scores are going to be lower this year because they have removed an element from the short program.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa steps out of her 3Lz (maybe UR), tacks 2T to her 3F. Makes up for the lutz with her gorgeous spins. Amazing layback! Shes was pretty slow.

Sounds pretty similar to the SP performance she gave at Skate Canada.

Hikaru

Final Flight
is it because they aren't doing spiral sequence that the range of score has changed? I mean 58 seems so low for me (Mirai's best score in SP is like 70).

burntBREAD

Medalist
Scores are going to be lower this year because they have removed an element from the short program.

And GOE got changed, too.

I think maybe it wasn't DGs for Mirai this time, but maybe the spins. I heard she had trouble on her sit spin and her layback traveled.