1 Anna KHNYCHENKOVA / Mark MAGYAR HUN
    2 Felicia ZHANG / Taylor TOTH USA
    3 Klara KADLECOVA / Petr BIDAR CZE

Warm-Up Group 2
    4 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV RUS
    5 Maylin HAUSCH / Daniel WENDE GER
    6 Mylene BRODEUR / John MATTATALL CAN
    7 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER

No french pair here at TEB? What happened with them ?

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Looks like the whole French pairs program is having to re-invent itself..is all the blame being laid at Vanessa James' door ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Looks like the whole French pairs program is having to re-invent itself..is all the blame being laid at Vanessa James' door ?
    So what did she do?

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Oh, I don't know.. I'm not really as informed as some others, but from what I understand ( please correct, or update, anyone ) ..First she and Bonheur supplanted Canac and Coia as Fr.#1 , and got the plum assignments .Next, C&C split soon after..Then after Oly's and world's Vanessa split with Bonheur ( apparently not all was bliss ) and paired with Coia ( with the support of Gaillaghuet -sp? )..that lasted about a week, then they split ( or failed to gel ). She's partner-less at the mo... But in the meantime, Bonheur paired with Canac, but they may not be ready yet ,as I think that was pretty late in the summer .( I think they did FR. Masters ) Anyway what were their 2 top teams a year or so ago, no longer exist...which probably explains the lack of Fr. pairs here.

Just to clarify, I don't say she's to blame ,but she might be a convenient scapegoat for some..
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 11-26-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Oh, I don't know.. I'm not really as informed as some others, but from what I understand ( please correct, or update, anyone ) ..First she and Bonheur supplanted Canac and Coia as Fr.#1 , and got the plum assignments .Next, C&C split soon after..Then after Oly's and world's Vanessa split with Bonheur ( apparently not all was bliss ) and paired with Coia ( with the support of Gaillaghuet -sp? )..that lasted about a week, then they split ( or failed to gel ). She's partner-less at the mo... But in the meantime, Bonheur paired with Canac, but they may not be ready yet ,as I think that was pretty late in the summer .( I think they did FR. Masters ) Anyway what were their 2 top teams a year or so ago, no longer exist...which probably explains the lack of Fr. pairs here.

Just to clarify, I don't say she's to blame ,but she might be a convenient scapegoat for some..
    WEll, Canac / Bohneur won the masters, I think they are at least as good as the hungarian pair, at least, why have an event with only 7 teams and you the host not even try your team....just makes no much sense, unless they are injured.

But that is the French fed problem

Custom Title
    do you have any link to see the competition?

Custom Title
    Hi, Hiara!

Here is the link with live stream:

http://tvali.ge/gadget.php?channel=70955

Custom Title
    The first group was rather disasterous. Actually, the Hungarian team skated pretty cleanly, but they're still rough. 40 pts leads after three pairs! Ouch.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    WEll, Canac / Bohneur won the masters, I think they are at least as good as the hungarian pair, at least, why have an event with only 7 teams and you the host not even try your team....just makes no much sense, unless they are injured.

But that is the French fed problem
    The limit is eight pairs, right? Or is it ten? But the Italian pair (Della Monica/Kocon) withdrew, leaving seven.

Custom Title
    Bazarova/Larionov were gorgeous and in a completely different class from the teams in the first group. Skated very emotionally and totally deserved their 24 pt lead. They are elegant and lovely. Landed 3T, 3Fth, gorgeous 3Tw. Interesting transitions throughout.

Out of group 1, I liked the Czechs the best, but they had an aborted lift. Glad the judges recognized they had the most musicality, better presentation and more interesting choreography.

Zhang/Toth - she lost the edge going into the SBS jump and did not do it at all. Also a big ugly crash on the 3Tw (she hit him in the face coming down)

Custom Title
    S/S are in front, but only by a couple points (through PCS). Didn't see the skates, so is that fair?

No pairs team is really making a case for themselves to win worlds, are they?

Custom Title
    Brodeur/Mattatall: What's going on with this couple? They have so many nice qualities, and I thought after 4CC last year they would be making some waves, but their GP series performances this season aren't seeming to pull it together. Are they just slower getting out of the blocks during the first half of the season?

This SP music is putting me to sleep.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    S/S are in front, but only by a couple points (through PCS). Didn't see the skates, so is that fair?

No pairs team is really making a case for themselves to win worlds, are they?
    I thought it was fair. Bazarova/Larionov were excellent, S/S really stood out in their speed, power, transitions (the entry into the 3T is HARD) and innovation, as usual. They had some errors (step out on the 3T for Aliona, stubme from Robin in the steps, slightly shaky twist), but I would have given the 3F Throw a +3 easily. The crowd seemed really into it. B/L on the other hand were clean, but as usual their SBS 3T were out of synch (but better than usual, they are really improving)

An improvement over Skate America, but still a work in progress.

Fairly. Even though B/L were lovely, it seems that S/S really performed their program like crazy. there were a couple people who gave them a standing O.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast