Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST

Custom Title
    I just got the tail end of the awards ceremony, and I was shocked to see how tall Brandon Mroz is! It makes me wonder if he's as tall as Ryan Bradley & Evan Lysacek?, whom definitely tower over 6-feet tall, they make all the other men look like fleas. Still none of them can touch that one guy from France years ago who was like 6'4"+ tall. I remember how awkward he looked out on the ice. He did a Pink Panther program one year, he was goofy, lol. :D Think his name was Florent something?

Custom Title
    His name was Laurent Tobel, Nadine

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I just got the tail end of the awards ceremony, and I was shocked to see how tall Brandon Mroz is! It makes me wonder if he's as tall as Ryan Bradley & Evan Lysacek?, whom definitely tower over 6-feet tall, they make all the other men look like fleas. Still none of them can touch that one guy from France years ago who was like 6'4"+ tall. I remember how awkward he looked out on the ice. He did a Pink Panther program one year, he was goofy, lol. :D Think his name was Florent something?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpT8vn4ZzQ

Custom Title
    Lol, yep that was his name, it rhymes with Florent, no?

Custom Title
    To me, as a long time fan of Zhenya, he has tons of style, and he is a natural athlete. His jumps are the real thing in the same vein as the greatest jumpers throughout history. And he skates with lots of passion/verve/total command of the ice. And when he puts it all together with such great programs like Nijinsky nobody else can touch him.

This crop of pretenders is just that, pretenders. They may win or lose but they lack that special something to make them truly great. A weak field overall, especially with no true quads. Bah, give me youtube anyday with past programs of Evgeni Plushenko.

One hour until the Ladies, hopefully it's better skated, but once again it too is missing that something special (aka Mao at her best & Yuna Kim).
    There is no point to argue with you here,because I see what you invested in him, but aside jumps, Plushy in his technique is a mediocre spinner and his footowrk is basic, crossovers to generate speed. that is why i am not even thinking to watch any uoutube video replays with hgis programs. As far as passion is concerned, his rival Yagudin was eating him for lunch, thank you very much.
    So, I made myself cler, if I want to see some good old stuff, i will watch anyday Yagudin, but not Plushy.

Custom Title
    Lol, yep that was his name, it rhymes with Florent, no?
    Oui

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Yey! I'm so happy for these three! Haven't watched any clips but can't wait, especially for Taka.

Don't know what happened to Brian, but very sorry for whatever it was.

On the Ice

Custom Title
    I don't like to comment on jumps when I've only watched a live stream and without the protocol, for all that I could have possibly missed. But program components are easily visible, especially skating skills which are usually obvious as soon as the musice starts, if they actually show the skating rather than some rinkside personalities . Kozuka just flowed through the whole program, punctuated by seemingly successful jumps. Bravo!!! To me he was head and shoulder above all others in the field, including Amodio with all his stopping and staring and crowding pleasing but unsophisticated choregraphy. His PCS were too high IMO. Too bad for Abbott, whom I'd much rather see in the GPF. Kevin Reynolds is off the podium but I hope it's still encouraging for him. I feel he was underscored in the SP, not that it would make a difference in the final standing. Mroz, nice jumps. But that's all.

Congratulations to Kozuka, a deserving champion.

This winning performance in the last GP event was the best and the only one on par with the skater's abilities so far this season. Let's hope all the top skaters can bring it for the Final!

Don't know what happened to Brian, but very sorry for whatever it was.
    Stomach flu.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 11-27-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Custom Title
    Brian is ill but I am not sure it's stomach related...

Custom Title
    Thank you so much, froh1981!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Brian is ill but I am not sure it's stomach related...
    Guts related? I can believe that ....

Custom Title
    im so happy for him. Finally a score that he deserve and he EARNED it. This is the kind of score and performance the skating commentators and judges should praise about. Taka go and slap someone in the face and say 'Boooyaaa'. lol Best of luck in final. i just realize no Japanese men have won the GPF title yet. I hope one of the trio of Oda, Dai and Taka make a history.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    im so happy for him. Finally a score that he deserve and he EARNED it. This is the kind of score and performance the skating commentators and judges should praise about. Taka go and slap someone in the face and say 'Boooyaaa'. lol Best of luck in final. i just realize no Japanese men have won the GPF title yet. I hope one of the trio of Oda, Dai and Taka make a history.
    I certainly hope so. I am canadian, but cannot root for Chan. Just too cocky and way over the top marked. I root for Dai and Taka especially.
    This season the japanese men took ownership of the field, and if it wasn't for the Chan lovefest, it would've been even more dominant showing. (Meaning Skate Canada should've been won by oda).

Custom Title
    Well I'll be honest all these Japanese men dominating makes me wanna root for the odd man out ~ Chan. Shock. And I'm not even a fan.

Nah, I root for none of them, nor do any of them interest me enough to watch the GPF.

US Nationals I will watch, as I do every year, but once again I might start skipping watching Worlds. Not enough interest for me. All my favorites are either not competing or else they're not doing well. C'est la vie...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast