Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    There is no point to argue with you here,because I see what you invested in him, but aside jumps, Plushy in his technique is a mediocre spinner and his footowrk is basic, crossovers to generate speed. that is why i am not even thinking to watch any uoutube video replays with hgis programs. As far as passion is concerned, his rival Yagudin was eating him for lunch, thank you very much.
    So, I made myself cler, if I want to see some good old stuff, i will watch anyday Yagudin, but not Plushy.
    Seems some people will never get rid of the Yagudin cliches. Sometimes I wonder myself who are people talking about, because Yagudin I´ve watched for so many years was nothing like people started to describe him after he retired. My favourite skater become an overhyped legend who people use in order to attack other skaters, it´s so sad...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Plushenko in his skating high days according to Us commentors (or Canadian) needed two crossovers to go from one side of the rink to the other and everybody was commenting that he could generate ultra speed from a dead stop. He was the fastest of his contemporaries and nobody back then had questioned his skating skills, Cousins has been amazed by his twizzles and Kurt Browning had said he had very good fast feet. When everybody were doing dreadfull spins (including Plush and Yag) he chose to add the donut and the so called bielman. If you ever care watching any older video you ll hear all these, I m copying from there. People chose to forget he used to skate with joy and abandon and a sense of freedom and chose to remember the 2006 Lp or later.

On second thought Yag and Plush were competing in TEB? My bad , it must have been during the time I went out for popcorn!By the way my pet peeve is people eating inside the arena in competitions, I dont know why I mind that much!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Plushenko in his skating high days according to Us commentors (or Canadian) needed two crossovers to go from one side of the rink to the other and everybody was commenting that he could generate ultra speed from a dead stop. He was the fastest of his contemporaries and nobody back then had questioned his skating skills, Cousins has been amazed by his twizzles and Kurt Browning had said he had very good fast feet. When everybody were doing dreadfull spins (including Plush and Yag) he chose to add the donut and the so called bielman. If you ever care watching any older video you ll hear all these, I m copying from there. People chose to forget he used to skate with joy and abandon and a sense of freedom and chose to remember the 2006 Lp or later.

It's true that the "more mature" Plushenko is most likely the one most are complaining about. I agree, his programs at least had personality "way back when" he was competing against Yags. Because he NEEDED to have it. Then Yags left and Plushenko was king and he could do just about anything and stayed on top. So the choreography got phoned in - or he didn't enjoy it as much - or something.

That being said I wasn't all that impressed with him during the 2002 Quad, either. It felt unpolished, just as it does now... *shrugs* (and yes I know I make no sense because you can pretty much say the same for Evan - pre 2006/2007 he was having fun... then after that it became a phone in job. sooooo frustrating)

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I dont think his 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 lacked choreography or personality(do you remember which they are?) and Godfather in 2005 was skated to itsfull potential at least once (euros 2005). In general I think CoP didnt suit him much and after 2004 injuries got him. Personality moreover is something you have or not on ice anyway and i dont think he has suffered this. Nobody searches for one style of skater to like, if the skater clicks wth you it is done deal, I was told in TEB that they dont get the love for Kozu judging by my other preferences.
    Anyway I dont mind any opinion, just that ineligible or not, people bring his name in irrelevant competitions like this one, and no I m not gonna say anything for Evan, I can get why he is successful and people might like him, to each their own.

Edit: lol, sorry I just realised to whom (or who?I m always confusing this) I replied, did you get back from your trip??Did you write anywhere your impressions?how was it?
    Last edited by seniorita; 11-29-2010 at 11:15 AM.

I'm still recovering from my trip lol dealing with Jet Lag and working on moving away soon. Had a fantastic time, and will be blogging about it in due time... I hope lol

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    There is no point to argue with you here,because I see what you invested in him, but aside jumps, Plushy in his technique is a mediocre spinner and his footowrk is basic, crossovers to generate speed. that is why i am not even thinking to watch any uoutube video replays with hgis programs. As far as passion is concerned, his rival Yagudin was eating him for lunch, thank you very much.
    So, I made myself cler, if I want to see some good old stuff, i will watch anyday Yagudin, but not Plushy.
    Hey! I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to say that I really agree with you herios!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8