Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Peter Liebers of Germany had two really bad splats/falls, but otherwise did a fine job. :)^)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Who the heck are those two older people they keep showing!?! Is that Ottavio Cinquata? but how about the woman he is sitting next to? I really disliked it when they showed those two for about 30 seconds while Kevin Reynolds had just begun to skate. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yeah the crowd seemed a bit down when it was announced Brian had withdrew to injury. :( Without him in it the competition really comes down a big notch imho.

Still, I'm looking forward to Amodio's excellent MJ interpretation on ice (his is the best by far, way better than Tomas Verner's imho). And also I want to see how Brandon Mroz does this time, as well as Kozuka of course. And this surprise French man whom completed a 4/3 yesterday without me watching. (8^O

Nadine

Record Breaker
Chafik of France got the crowd going, but I have to say I don't like his style, especially grating were the airplane arms & the scratchy landings on his jumps; he really needs to hold out the edge on his jumps much longer instead of putting his foot down right away.

But except for the pop or fall? on his opening quad & subsequent 3A, everything else was good. And when his jumps are *on* they are to-die-for in the same vein as Vaughn Chipeur. That's what I call a natural JUMPER! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, I'm really starting to like Brandon Mroz and definitely think he will challenge for the top of the podium at Nationals! :clap:

His only bobble was the fallout on his second 3A. I looooooooooove the powerful music at the beginning, it really fits his strong style of skating, and the 3R right on the beat of the music was FAB!!! Not to mention his opening quad followed up by a 3A/3T combo! With him I can just sit back, relax, and *know* he will do well. As he kept landing jump after jump after jump I got more & more & more excited, lol. :D

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

fairly4

Medalist
nice skate from brandon, despite the pop,
i think he was a half a beat behind the music.--not sure
personally don't like the music, doesn't show him off for me.
but otherwise a good skate

jan

On the Ice
nice skate from brandon, despite the pop,
i think he was a half a beat behind the music.--not sure
personally don't like the music, doesn't show him off for me.
but otherwise a good skate

Agree,He needs more athletic type music...

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Mroz short of Jeremy Abbott's accumulated point total. Last GPF spot probably between the latter and Amodio.

Nadine

Record Breaker
What can I say, Amodio is FAB! :clap: He brought the house down with a much deserved SO! :party: And now it's totally up to Kozuka to determine if Amodio wins or comes in 2nd place. ;)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMODIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

fairly4

Medalist
not crazy about florents--too many rest stops inbetween -badly choreographed by moving hands. which allows him to stop and rest whereas other skaters can't do that. too easy for him to do the jumps after rest stops.
decent skate--probably get huge score though. undeserved-with rest stops

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And with 153 points, Florent just got the last spot.

ETA: Barring any major weird things from Kozuka, of course, but at this point, it's unlikely.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well they're both FAB, but like with G&G versus M&D at the 1994 Olympics, it all comes down to style, whichever you prefer? In the words of Scott Hamilton "the passion" of Florent, or "the perfection" of Takahiko? It's apples or oranges.

We shall see...