Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST

Custom Title
    I've got no feed source. Did Taka do a quad? His PCS are finally getting up there!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Well Congrats to Takahiko for another win, but to be perfectly honest neither one does it for me. I miss Zhenya tons. :(
    I don't. I never liked Plushy much. he has nothing but jumps imo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I've got no feed source. Did Taka do a quad? His PCS are finally getting up there!
    Yes, he did.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Yes a quad and two 3A's - and wonderful flow throughout the program.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Congrats, Taka!!!! His face when he got his score was absolutely priceless

Custom Title
    Did all top three get quad?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Congrats, Taka!!!! His face when he got his score was absolutely priceless
    Well it's well above anything he's received before, so the reaction is understandable! I am so happy for him.

Custom Title
    To me, as a long time fan of Zhenya, he has tons of style, and he is a natural athlete. His jumps are the real thing in the same vein as the greatest jumpers throughout history. And he skates with lots of passion/verve/total command of the ice. And when he puts it all together with such great programs like Nijinsky nobody else can touch him.

This crop of pretenders is just that, pretenders. They may win or lose but they lack that special something to make them truly great. A weak field overall, especially with no true quads. Bah, give me youtube anyday with past programs of Evgeni Plushenko.

One hour until the Ladies, hopefully it's better skated, but once again it too is missing that something special (aka Mao at her best & Yuna Kim).

Congratulations, Taka-chan!! Can't wait to watch the clip.

But still, I can not get over the shock of Brian's withdrawal...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well it's well above anything he's received before, so the reaction is understandable! I am so happy for him.
    Me too! This is a milestone for him! I'm excited to see how this LP improves the rest of the season, after seeing it here, it's really growing on me. He really gets all the nuances of the music, doesn't he?
    I would call his quad consistent now

Custom Title
    p.s. regards Takahiko, replay showed he did a slightly two-footed quad which also looked a tad UR, but at least he went for it. Still, imho he doesn't have what his countrymate Daisuke Takahashi has in spades ~ sex appeal, charisma, charm, PCS (aka Personal Charisma Specialty).

I like Takahiko, he's definitely the future of Japan mens figure skating, but I don't see him as great. At least not yet. Here's hoping he & Mao hang out together since they both have the same coach. :D

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Me too! This is a milestone for him! I'm excited to see how this LP improves the rest of the season, after seeing it here, it's really growing on me. He really gets all the nuances of the music, doesn't he?
    I would call his quad consistent now
    I think the quad was a bit two-footed, but otherwise he's clean and that little error is definitely made up in great skating, intrep, etc.

Custom Title
    Happy for Kozuka!

Finally, this year seems to be a big break for him.
    His score, 170.43 is the second highest FS score in COP history!

Jeremy cannot go to GPF? This is sad...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    ....and wonderful flow throughout the program.
    Those are magic words to me. I love to see the difficult jumps landed and successfully combined with *flow* "throughout the program". I cannot wait to see it! (Feed died due to overloaded server a good while ago.).

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    p.s. regards Takahiko, replay showed he did a slightly two-footed quad which also looked a tad UR, but at least he went for it. Still, imho he doesn't have what his countrymate Daisuke Takahashi has in spades ~ sex appeal, charisma, charm, PCS (aka Personal Charisma Specialty).

I like Takahiko, he's definitely the future of Japan mens figure skating, but I don't see him as great. At least not yet. Here's hoping he & Mao hang out together since they both have the same coach. :D
    Ahaha...PCS...that's clever! Now every time I see the score I'm going to think...Personal Charisma Specialty...
    I think Taka is capable of sex appeal in his own way, like his "Closer" exhibition (even though it just ends up being cute XD), so I guess we'll just have to see. At any rate, his potential is huge.
    He and Mao have known each other for a really long time, so I like to imagine they have a supportive-friend relationship. I can't say for sure though, but they've got to see each other at training a lot!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast