Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I didn't say "Kozuka won't make", just said Hanyu is the better choice in the long perspective. Looks like the Europeans and the Canadians could agree on one thing. Kozuka is "better than Hanyu" to deal with. Everyone can agree, Hanyu's immense talents can't be compared with 21 y.o. man who still can't land a clean quad over two years.
    You must be really hating Kozuka for some reason which is unknown for me, but you start to become ridiculous with your statements.
    Kozuka just skated the program of th e whole season and you keep on mumbling non sense.

In the long run, Kozuka is a better choice then either Daisuke who will retire in one year or two and Oda who keeps on failing to have a breakthrough. And Hanyu is too early to call, he is an inconsistent skater for now.

Custom Title
    Takahashi is not certain to retire in a year or two. He could potentially go to 2014 if he can stay healthy. Oda is overrated, I agree Kozuka is a better bet than Oda who will probably never make it to the top.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Takahashi is not certain to retire in a year or two. He could potentially go to 2014 if he can stay healthy. Oda is overrated, I agree Kozuka is a better bet than Oda who will probably never make it to the top.
    I hope you are right about Dai. I wish he never retires (LOL), but I read last spring he was saying he stays in this year only becasue the worlds are in Japan, so I assumed once he wins in Tokyo he could be gone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Thanks for the reminder! Good to see once again how different programs were. More artistic, more temperamental, more logical. Now they just run from element to element and count points. Messy... busy... boring... Elements for money.
    As for Kozuka.. he is lovely but... It's men's skating competition, not boys'.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    It's so great to have a report from someone who was there! Thanks, Seniorita. I understand why you didn't want to watch the ladies' long program after Mao's disappointing SP performance. I'd have felt the same way. Your description of Kozuka as an heir to Lambiel makes me very interested in him. I haven't really had a chance to see him but will now seek him out. (And of course I'll watch some more Lambiel while I'm at it!) As for an heir to Plushy, if things go right, you won't need one: you'll have the one and only original one for a while longer.
    I hope it didnt look like as I compare them cause I dont. Kozuka got me in the same zone with his Lp as Lambiel did (i found his sp fun and it was a relief cause sp competition and the ambiance in general in the arena were awful), i dont know if it came across on tv but he is very special the way he goes from one thing to the next, he leans quite naturally like he walks, he has so clean edges and the right amount of transitions and choreo not to make you dizzy or feel rushed, and imagine I dont like much his music in lp, I was afraid it would be a let down in the arena skating after Amodio's home crowd pandemonium but Kozuka was really on another planet. And his reaction in kiss and cry was priceless as well as his winners tour after, many japanese flags in the arena bytheway.

I have a 5 out 5 strike in competitions I attend since last season, the one I root for always wins. I ll start thinking of taking bets
    Last edited by seniorita; 11-28-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I have a 5 out 5 strike in competitions I attend since last season, the one I root for always wins. I ll start thinking of taking bets
    I guess you must feel bad for not going to Vancouver last year

Thanks for the Live report. Kozuka got me yesterday too - thought it was the best skating I have seen so far this season.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I guess you must feel bad for not going to Vancouver last year
    yeah....it crossed my mind yesterday...I blame the crisis

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I felt the same way about Oda after seeing him skate live at Skate America. Even though Dai's technical content was not as difficult as Oda's, Dai still won it hands down as far as I was concerned.

Oda needs to stop breaking the rules lol, and then maybe he could actually win something big.

IMO (which is never humble) I think Kozuka is a first rate Tech skater. Every trick he does is well planned ahead and he executes most of them with the precision required by the CoP. That includes Skating Ability which I believe is more Tech than PCs. He is a top contender for whatever competition he enters.

However, his performance, generally is rather wooden although he showed some spark at this year's TEB. He does not reach out to me, nor does he draw me into his well crafted programs. I hope that this does not sound too harsh but I wish him the best at the Japanese Nationals. He would be a good competitor at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think the quad was a bit two-footed, but otherwise he's clean and that little error is definitely made up in great skating, intrep, etc.
    two foot landings are little errors??? That's not pointed at Kozuka. It's meant as a general statement about the perfection of a element, and the CoP's partial credit view. If a skater can not do an element, he/she has the option to leave it out. I believe a performance demands faultlessness.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    two foot landings are little errors??? That's not pointed at Kozuka. It's meant as a general statement about the perfection of a element, and the CoP's partial credit view. If a skater can not do an element, he/she has the option to leave it out. I believe a performance demands faultlessness.
    Maybe "little" was not the correct word. I didn't realize my language would be analyzed here!! Anyway, my point is that he still managed to skate a pretty solid program despite that particular error. I think when he skates it fully clean it will be even better.

And as we learned here COP does not emphasize perfection. He did get negative GOE on his quad, but at 9.01 points that is worth more than a 3A with no GOE. And oh yeah, how about doing a 3-jump combo on a triple axel?! Cool!

And besides the quad, he got positive GOE on everything else and level fours on all his spins...so I think he should be proud of what he did.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I hope it didnt look like as I compare them cause I dont. Kozuka got me in the same zone with his Lp as Lambiel did (i found his sp fun and it was a relief cause sp competition and the ambiance in general in the arena were awful), i dont know if it came across on tv but he is very special the way he goes from one thing to the next, he leans quite naturally like he walks, he has so clean edges and the right amount of transitions and choreo not to make you dizzy or feel rushed, and imagine I dont like much his music in lp, I was afraid it would be a let down in the arena skating after Amodio's home crowd pandemonium but Kozuka was really on another planet. And his reaction in kiss and cry was priceless as well as his winners tour after, many japanese flags in the arena bytheway.

I knew exactly what you meant, Seniorita...and now I've just watched Kozuka, and I agree with you! What a phenomenal skater! He's so artistic yet so technically awesome. Thanks so much for alerting me to him. Ooh, and there's Nobuo Sato! If this is the way Sato coaches, I will retain hope for Mao Asada as well.

Gloriosky! This guy is a lightning bolt! Thank goodness we have a lot of fine skating to look forward to--the best days are not in our past.

Kozuka is like Yuka Sato, I can just watch him skate over and over. Just love watching his beatiful skating! Hanyu is nowhere near at Kozuka's level, skating wise.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Kozuka! I like his skating. In someway, he is more classic than Takahashi. I think he hasn't yet fully developed his presentation skills, but the judges have already recognized, and rewarded him for his beautiful skating.

Congratulations to Amodio and Mroz too! If not thinking of Joubert's dreadful sp and withdrawing, this TEB is actually exciting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast