Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST

I think the quad was a bit two-footed, but otherwise he's clean and that little error is definitely made up in great skating, intrep, etc. :)
two foot landings are little errors??? That's not pointed at Kozuka. It's meant as a general statement about the perfection of a element, and the CoP's partial credit view. If a skater can not do an element, he/she has the option to leave it out. I believe a performance demands faultlessness.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
two foot landings are little errors??? That's not pointed at Kozuka. It's meant as a general statement about the perfection of a element, and the CoP's partial credit view. If a skater can not do an element, he/she has the option to leave it out. I believe a performance demands faultlessness.

Maybe "little" was not the correct word. I didn't realize my language would be analyzed here!! Anyway, my point is that he still managed to skate a pretty solid program despite that particular error. I think when he skates it fully clean it will be even better.

And as we learned here COP does not emphasize perfection. He did get negative GOE on his quad, but at 9.01 points that is worth more than a 3A with no GOE. And oh yeah, how about doing a 3-jump combo on a triple axel?! Cool!

And besides the quad, he got positive GOE on everything else and level fours on all his spins...so I think he should be proud of what he did.

I hope it didnt look like as I compare them cause I dont. Kozuka got me in the same zone with his Lp as Lambiel did (i found his sp fun and it was a relief cause sp competition and the ambiance in general in the arena were awful), i dont know if it came across on tv but he is very special the way he goes from one thing to the next, he leans quite naturally like he walks, he has so clean edges and the right amount of transitions and choreo not to make you dizzy or feel rushed, and imagine I dont like much his music in lp, I was afraid it would be a let down in the arena skating after Amodio's home crowd pandemonium but Kozuka was really on another planet. And his reaction in kiss and cry was priceless as well as his winners tour after, many japanese flags in the arena bytheway.

I have a 5 out 5 strike in competitions I attend since last season, the one I root for always wins. I ll start thinking of taking bets:biggrin:

I knew exactly what you meant, Seniorita...and now I've just watched Kozuka, and I agree with you! What a phenomenal skater! He's so artistic yet so technically awesome. Thanks so much for alerting me to him. Ooh, and there's Nobuo Sato! If this is the way Sato coaches, I will retain hope for Mao Asada as well.

Gloriosky! This guy is a lightning bolt! Thank goodness we have a lot of fine skating to look forward to--the best days are not in our past.

ks777

Record Breaker
Kozuka is like Yuka Sato, I can just watch him skate over and over. Just love watching his beatiful skating! Hanyu is nowhere near at Kozuka's level, skating wise.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Kozuka! I like his skating. In someway, he is more classic than Takahashi. I think he hasn't yet fully developed his presentation skills, but the judges have already recognized, and rewarded him for his beautiful skating.

Congratulations to Amodio and Mroz too! If not thinking of Joubert's dreadful sp and withdrawing, this TEB is actually exciting.

ciocio

On the Ice
There is no point to argue with you here,because I see what you invested in him, but aside jumps, Plushy in his technique is a mediocre spinner and his footowrk is basic, crossovers to generate speed. that is why i am not even thinking to watch any uoutube video replays with hgis programs. As far as passion is concerned, his rival Yagudin was eating him for lunch, thank you very much.
So, I made myself cler, if I want to see some good old stuff, i will watch anyday Yagudin, but not Plushy.

Seems some people will never get rid of the Yagudin cliches. Sometimes I wonder myself who are people talking about, because Yagudin I´ve watched for so many years was nothing like people started to describe him after he retired. My favourite skater become an overhyped legend who people use in order to attack other skaters, it´s so sad...:cry::no:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plushenko in his skating high days according to Us commentors (or Canadian) needed two crossovers to go from one side of the rink to the other and everybody was commenting that he could generate ultra speed from a dead stop. He was the fastest of his contemporaries and nobody back then had questioned his skating skills, Cousins has been amazed by his twizzles and Kurt Browning had said he had very good fast feet. When everybody were doing dreadfull spins (including Plush and Yag) he chose to add the donut and the so called bielman. If you ever care watching any older video you ll hear all these, I m copying from there. People chose to forget he used to skate with joy and abandon and a sense of freedom and chose to remember the 2006 Lp or later.

On second thought Yag and Plush were competing in TEB? My bad , it must have been during the time I went out for popcorn!By the way my pet peeve is people eating inside the arena in competitions, I dont know why I mind that much!:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Plushenko in his skating high days according to Us commentors (or Canadian) needed two crossovers to go from one side of the rink to the other and everybody was commenting that he could generate ultra speed from a dead stop. He was the fastest of his contemporaries and nobody back then had questioned his skating skills, Cousins has been amazed by his twizzles and Kurt Browning had said he had very good fast feet. When everybody were doing dreadfull spins (including Plush and Yag) he chose to add the donut and the so called bielman. If you ever care watching any older video you ll hear all these, I m copying from there. People chose to forget he used to skate with joy and abandon and a sense of freedom and chose to remember the 2006 Lp or later.

It's true that the "more mature" Plushenko is most likely the one most are complaining about. I agree, his programs at least had personality "way back when" he was competing against Yags. Because he NEEDED to have it. Then Yags left and Plushenko was king and he could do just about anything and stayed on top. So the choreography got phoned in - or he didn't enjoy it as much - or something.

That being said I wasn't all that impressed with him during the 2002 Quad, either. :laugh: It felt unpolished, just as it does now... *shrugs* (and yes I know I make no sense because you can pretty much say the same for Evan - pre 2006/2007 he was having fun... then after that it became a phone in job. sooooo frustrating)

seniorita

Record Breaker
I dont think his 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 lacked choreography or personality(do you remember which they are?:)) and Godfather in 2005 was skated to itsfull potential at least once (euros 2005). In general I think CoP didnt suit him much and after 2004 injuries got him. Personality moreover is something you have or not on ice anyway and i dont think he has suffered this. Nobody searches for one style of skater to like, if the skater clicks wth you it is done deal, I was told in TEB that they dont get the love for Kozu judging by my other preferences.
Anyway I dont mind any opinion, just that ineligible or not, people bring his name in irrelevant competitions like this one, and no I m not gonna say anything for Evan, I can get why he is successful and people might like him, to each their own.

Edit: lol, sorry I just realised to whom (or who?I m always confusing this) I replied, did you get back from your trip??:biggrin:Did you write anywhere your impressions?how was it?:hb:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm still recovering from my trip lol dealing with Jet Lag and working on moving away soon. Had a fantastic time, and will be blogging about it in due time... I hope lol

Lily.Grace

Rinkside
There is no point to argue with you here,because I see what you invested in him, but aside jumps, Plushy in his technique is a mediocre spinner and his footowrk is basic, crossovers to generate speed. that is why i am not even thinking to watch any uoutube video replays with hgis programs. As far as passion is concerned, his rival Yagudin was eating him for lunch, thank you very much.
So, I made myself cler, if I want to see some good old stuff, i will watch anyday Yagudin, but not Plushy.
Hey! I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to say that I really agree with you herios!!!