Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Free Skate - 11/27

Custom Title
    my feed from universalsports online is back up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Next season ? Worlds in her country and she won't be able to pull it together this season, it will be a blow to her confidence.
    I dunno, if any lady skater in the world today has grit and determination to successfully revamp for the long haul while taking her lumps in the short term, it's Mao. I will say that the JSF should seriously consider NOT sending Mao to Worlds though--unless she has a miraculous re-arising from these ashes by Japanese nationals. Right now, I'd say Ando, Suzuki, and Murakami are stronger bets for this season.

Custom Title
    I haven't been watching, thus thanks for the update, as I expected, meaning no expectations whatsoever.

I'm reading about Prince William & Kate Middleton's upcoming wedding rather than watch the skating, unfortunately. :(

Custom Title
    My coach always told me that the best skaters can skate programs which makes us feel that the jumps are just decoration. She means that jumps are important but because the skater can do other elements such as spins, foot work, spirals, inbetween moves so beautifully with so much of artistry and musicality that jumps become less important in the program. In that sense, Daisuke Tkahashi, Sasha Cohen belong to that great skaters.And today, I thought Mao belongs to that group. I know she really messed up her jumps, but i really enjoyed the rest of the program. So classy and elegant and fluid. I could not take my eyes off of her program.

Custom Title
    This is bad! I wonder if Mao is in danger of not making World C. team this year?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I dunno, if any lady skater in the world today has grit and determination to successfully revamp for the long haul while taking her lumps in the short term, it's Mao. I will say that the JSF should seriously consider NOT sending Mao to Worlds though--unless she has a miraculous re-arising from these ashes by Japanese nationals. Right now, I'd say Ando, Suzuki, and Murakami are stronger bets for this season.
    But if Yuna is going to show up at next year's worlds I still think Mao will be there, with her struggles Mao is still the best Japanese lady skater for me.

Cynthia

Music: Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini

3T-2T-2Lo
    Tilted axis on 3Lz, fall
    3Lo-2T
    Layback
    3S
    Catchfoot spiral
    3Lo-2T
    3T
    1A
    Flying sit, wobbly on the difficult position
    SLSS
    Combination spin

Custom Title
    I think it depends on nationals for Mao, and maybe even 4CC. I think her federation will give her the chance to prove herself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    I think it depends on nationals for Mao, and maybe even 4CC. I think her federation will give her the chance to prove herself.
    They might do something like they did with Fumie a few years ago, when she had to beat Yoshie at 4CC to make the team.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    My coach always told me that the best skaters can skate programs which makes us feel that the jumps are just decoration. She means that jumps are important but because the skater can do other elements such as spins, foot work, spirals, inbetween moves so beautifully with so much of artistry and musicality that jumps become less important in the program. In that sense, Daisuke Tkahashi, Sasha Cohen belong to that great skaters.And today, I thought Mao belongs to that group. I know she really messed up her jumps, but i really enjoyed the rest of the program. So classy and elegant and fluid. I could not take my eyes off of her program.
    As an avid Mao fan, I am trying to be objective, but I understand what you are saying exactly! That performance was so beautiful despite the jumps. I was so incredibly relieved to see Mao smiling a little before and during the program, where yesterday her face looked nervous. This LP was a huge step in the right direction.

Custom Title
    Obasan is skating, can she beat Mao?

Custom Title
    Why the lower PCS for Cynthia? Both in the short and long. Have the judges written her off unless she skates clean?

Fumie

Music: Song of Sheherazade, Bagoa's Dance

3Lz-2T
    3F
    1S...? It almost looked like a half loop
    Flying combination spin
    Spirals
    2Lz
    3T
    3F fall, UR?
    2A-2A SEQ, not her best
    Flying sit

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I dunno, if any lady skater in the world today has grit and determination to successfully revamp for the long haul while taking her lumps in the short term, it's Mao.
    ..... and Caroline.

Custom Title
    That will prob make the case of selecting top GPF and/or National champion and runner up and reserve 3th spot for Mao. World being in Tokyo, and seeing how all the japanese skaters doign well this season, it will be a huge draw for the nation. All the media, sponspors, tickets sell. prob go through the roof.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast