Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Free Skate - 11/27

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm glad Kiira finally won one! Especially since even if Mirai won, she would not have made the final, and the things they dinged her for, were real on the 2 lutzes and the spin. I've got to take another look at the 2a3t though.
    Yes, I was initally outraged, but I think after looking at the protocals, I can see how Mirai lost. But yet that 3T looked clean to me. She basically would have won if it was not for that super uncharacteristic spin error.

Alissa may be in the gpf,being overscored big time the the judges who were probably high,drunk or stoned,but i don't worry about that cause what is Alissa going to achieve in the gpf,the highest she can end up is 5th place.

Yeah, its not the judges that are picking on Mirai, it is the technical callers.

I think the reason Mirai gets so many UR calls because of the way she reaches down with her toe pick a little prematurely. Mao Asada does, too. If the caller measures the rotation in the air only up to the first tippy-toe touch, then almost all of Mirai's jumps are under-rotated.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    ...I don't worry about that cause what is Alissa going to achieve in the gpf,the highest she can end up is 5th place.
    Just for that I am going to root for Alissa to finish fourth!

Custom Title
    Mirai seems to be slower then in past years especially in her spins. Not sure why. I'm not liking her programs this year either she needs something more uptempo. The slow music in both programs might be slowing her down too.

I think the PCS was judged fairly for the most part.

Kiira was over scored slightly, but not ridiculously. I would dock her down a point or two, particularity in Transitions, Skating Skills and Interpretation.
    Alissa and Mao, while the jumps were not there (maybe a lower P/E mark) still had great artistry in their programs, so I say their PCS marks are fair.
    Mirai's seem pretty fair.
    Actually the one I think was most gifted was Fumie did not deserve 50 PCS (Some gave her 7s, what the heck?) especially compared to Mae Berenice. She definitely got some reputation PCS.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    Alissa may be in the gpf,being overscored big time the the judges who were probably high,drunk or stoned,but i don't worry about that cause what is Alissa going to achieve in the gpf,the highest she can end up is 5th place.
    I have to agree i would much rather see Mirai in the GPF then Alissa. Mirai may be a bundle of nerves at times but she's shown she can skate with the best in the world and has more of a chance to do so something in the Finals then Alissa does.

Custom Title
    I wonder if those who people jumped to conclusion pre-maturely and posted libelous and unwarranted attacks towards the judges, yet again, would come forward and apologize for their behaviors? I found it very disappointing that certain people can only enjoy skating if their favorites or countrymen won and anything else = conspiracy, corruption, bloc judging and pre-determined results, this is really no better than soccer hooligans.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I wonder if those who people jumped to conclusion pre-maturely and posted libelous and unwarranted attacks towards the judges
    Such drama.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    I guess the answer is no, it's too much to ask. Yet, the same crowd is not even remotely outraged Alissa made it to the podium with merely 3 triples.

I guess the answer is no, it's too much to ask. Yet, the same crowd is not even remotely outraged Alissa made it to the podium with merely 3 triples.
    She would have had four, if not for the edge call. Anyway, that's not the point. While Cynthia had a little more jump contact, Alissa definitely outshined her in her artistry. I am usually not an Alissa defender, but Cynthia just did not seal the deal. She does not have the spins or spirals that Alissa does and she made a few jump errors.

I mean who else is there?

If you're going to defend Patrick Chan on his non-jump skills (which is fine), I think Alissa deserves the same acknowledgment.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Custom Title
    alissa usually has a more smoother, flowing program despite the misteps,
    mirai has room to grow to do that. more people get into alissa programs because of the ease, flow she puts into it.
    mirai is just starting to make you do that, not continually on ocassion.
    she will do that, she just has to let herself go.
    Last edited by fairly4; 11-27-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added info

Custom Title
    I wonder if those who people jumped to conclusion pre-maturely and posted libelous and unwarranted attacks towards the judges, yet again, would come forward and apologize for their behaviors? I found it very disappointing that certain people can only enjoy skating if their favorites or countrymen won and anything else = conspiracy, corruption, bloc judging and pre-determined results, this is really no better than soccer hooligans.
    Disagreeing with the judges and finding flaw in the current judging system is by no means "libelous". I find it very frustrating when people don't have the nuanced judgement to see that being respectful is not necessarily equivalent to agreeing. If we're not allowed to disagree and discuss, what's the point of a discussion forum?

Custom Title
    From the post-FS interview:

Q: Mirai, so what happened with the spin?
    Mirai : There was a rat on the ice...

ok, I'm kidding!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    She would have had four, if not for the edge call. Anyway, that's not the point. While Cynthia had a little more jump contact, Alissa definitely outshined her in her artistry. I am usually not an Alissa defender, but Cynthia just did not seal the deal. She does not have the spins or spirals that Alissa does and she made a few jump errors.

I mean who else is there?

If you're going to defend Patrick Chan on his non-jump skills (which is fine), I think Alissa deserves the same acknowledgment.
    You missed my point, I am not disputing the results here. A case can certainly be made to justify Alissa's ranking here, I can see that, though I won't use the word "artistry" since it doesn't exist in the PCS criteria.

What I have a problem with is the same crowd who cried foul seem to be very keen and adamant at triple or fall counting until it's a favorite of theirs, then the whole grandiose call for justice and fairness or even CoP reform just take on a blind eye all of a sudden.

Just want to point out the very obvious hypocrisy and double standard and it's obviously trending here across disciplines and those who do so should be ashamed.

Custom Title
    just saw mirai skate on video on universal sports page, while i agree it is better than coc-no major errors, there wasnt the feeling in this one as in coc and also mirai made more little mistakes that also cost her the title. the most obvious was her layback, but there was other little mistakes as well. she wasn't as flowing in coc in spots.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast