Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Results 256 to 267 of 267

Thread: Ladies - Free Skate - 11/27

  1. #256
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    But am I wrong?
    Nope.

    You know you're off the deep end (i.e. in uber fandom) when you say things like that.

  2. #257
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Nope.

    You know you're off the deep end (i.e. in uber fandom) when you say things like that.
    Which is why I felt obligated to reply... Because I get it. I've been there. I could be a sponsor for UA (ubers anonymous) but even I was like: seriously? are you seriously serious? Too funny!

  3. #258
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    Which is why I felt obligated to reply... Because I get it. I've been there. I could be a sponsor for UA (ubers anonymous) but even I was like: seriously? are you seriously serious? Too funny!
    short memories

    (kidding!)






    (well, sorta... )

  4. #259
    The Shadow knows... Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    how can one be a sponsor of UA when you still are an uber?









    I am sooooooooooooooo happy to have you back KW!

  5. #260
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    how can one be a sponsor of UA when you still are an uber?









    I am sooooooooooooooo happy to have you back KW!
    Ya know.... YOU TWO!! Listen, I am an uber and I deal with my addiction one day at a time. Sometimes I waste three hours watching my complete Michelle Kwan comp dvd collection, somedays I get by with just one viewing of Red Violin or Tosca. But most days I take a deep breath and live without a MK fix. So there.

    However - I have never and I never said that Michelle didn't have any competition or said that they had no good points. I just implied it... very different.

  6. #261
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    Ya know.... YOU TWO!! Listen, I am an uber and I deal with my addiction one day at a time. Sometimes I waste three hours watching my complete Michelle Kwan comp dvd collection, somedays I get by with just one viewing of Red Violin or Tosca. But most days I take a deep breath and live without a MK fix. So there.

    However - I have never and I never said that Michelle didn't have any competition or said that they had no good points. I just implied it... very different.
    Kwanford, I hear you! With me it's Black Swan and Lyra Angelica. Our problem is that our favorite really was that good...hard to find another one up to that level. (Thank goodness for Mao and YuNa.) But that doesn't mean that our fave was perfect. Certainly Sasha's extensions and positions were unequaled, and Slutskaya's springy jumps deserve all the praise they got. It's even better that Michelle wasn't unrivaled--all those formidable opponents, and she still racked up championship after championship. That takes more than the magical power of bringing us into the music: it takes unceasing hard work, drive, and will.

    Sponsors? What do we need sponsors for? It's swell being an uber!

  7. #262
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,554
    Nothing wrong with being a fan. And dare I say it, nothing wrong with being an uberfan, as long as you don't do anything dangerous.

    Personally, I try to stay out of the territory because in the past, I've had a taste of it. I know what it's like. This was when I was much younger, mind you, and it was not skating-related. Now, this has been my personal experience and it may or may not match yours. Here goes:

    I hate the feeling. It's terrible. It consumes you, it can even BECOME you at times. When I allowed myself to cross that line, go off the deep end, it's like I was never happy. Sometimes it consumed almost my every thought. When I felt a real opportunity I barely got any sleep...and when it became clear that I could not make my wish happen, it was crushing. It was like my world had stopped. This stuff makes you desperate, makes you do stupid, irrational things, makes you have lofty expectations which have next to zero chance of being fulfilled...ugh. Damn, you can see why I hate uberfandom so much...I went through it myself and I don't wish it on anyone. I just want to live my life and reach for what I can grab.

    I think anyone who has met a girl (or guy) that really rocks their world, but the feeling is not mutual, knows what I'm talking about here- although that's not what I was describing above. But the feeling is the same.

    Since then, I've been able to keep things under control, keep my feet on the ground for the most part. Recently though I nearly came to blows with this issue again, but after some time I think I've pried myself free. Normally everything is just fine...but once in a blue moon, it can threaten to pull you in...and sometimes it just has to be fought off.
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-04-2010 at 03:48 PM.

  8. #263
    The Shadow knows... Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    Ya know.... YOU TWO!! Listen, I am an uber and I deal with my addiction one day at a time. Sometimes I waste three hours watching my complete Michelle Kwan comp dvd collection, somedays I get by with just one viewing of Red Violin or Tosca. But most days I take a deep breath and live without a MK fix. So there.

    However - I have never and I never said that Michelle didn't have any competition or said that they had no good points. I just implied it... very different.
    those must be your sad days

  9. #264
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,554
    one of these days she'll get over it...there's that withdrawal period where you're all cranky and stuff...but if you make it...you'll change that username

  10. #265
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    one of these days she'll get over it...there's that withdrawal period where you're all cranky and stuff...but if you make it...you'll change that username
    Never that... Rehab is for quitters!!! And how I settled on Kwanford Wife as a screen name is so tied up in my disdain for how figure skating fans bring the mean & nasty to these boards... This name developed because a defunt board was run by a bully who felt justified in abusing Kwan fans posting on his sacred Sasha shrine. And people would back down and let him get away with it... now yall know I couldn't allow that to happen and since bullies only respond to strength - I did what I do but in a totally 2004 kinda way. He called me a Kwanford Wife blinding following The Kween and I thought it was hysterical. Been KW ever since...

    But I do understand addiction - I experience it everytime I enter a shoe store... Can't we all just have fun and enjoy posting?

  11. #266
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,205
    With me, it's a book store. And no, a Kindle just doesn't have the same charm.

  12. #267
    The Shadow knows... Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    With me, it's a book store. And no, a Kindle just doesn't have the same charm.
    so true.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •