Ladies - Free Skate - 11/27 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Skate - 11/27

samba

On the Ice
What happened with Mao, why she lost all her jumps? Very sad, she seems to improve in her artistry.

lavender

Record Breaker
She was better than the last time so maybe we'll see Mao next year. It's obvious she is working her tech on her jumps.

fairly4

Medalist
yep my feed went down too-did anyone see mao skate. her score was as 97.92--tes--41.70 pcs 56.22 total 148.02--by the looks of it okay skate --not her best.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Next season ? Worlds in her country and she won't be able to pull it together this season, it will be a blow to her confidence.

I dunno, if any lady skater in the world today has grit and determination to successfully revamp for the long haul while taking her lumps in the short term, it's Mao. I will say that the JSF should seriously consider NOT sending Mao to Worlds though--unless she has a miraculous re-arising from these ashes by Japanese nationals. Right now, I'd say Ando, Suzuki, and Murakami are stronger bets for this season.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I haven't been watching, thus thanks for the update, as I expected, meaning no expectations whatsoever.

I'm reading about Prince William & Kate Middleton's upcoming wedding rather than watch the skating, unfortunately. :(

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
My coach always told me that the best skaters can skate programs which makes us feel that the jumps are just decoration. She means that jumps are important but because the skater can do other elements such as spins, foot work, spirals, inbetween moves so beautifully with so much of artistry and musicality that jumps become less important in the program. In that sense, Daisuke Tkahashi, Sasha Cohen belong to that great skaters.And today, I thought Mao belongs to that group. I know she really messed up her jumps, but i really enjoyed the rest of the program. So classy and elegant and fluid. I could not take my eyes off of her program.

volk

Final Flight
This is bad! I wonder if Mao is in danger of not making World C. team this year?

lycan

Rinkside
I dunno, if any lady skater in the world today has grit and determination to successfully revamp for the long haul while taking her lumps in the short term, it's Mao. I will say that the JSF should seriously consider NOT sending Mao to Worlds though--unless she has a miraculous re-arising from these ashes by Japanese nationals. Right now, I'd say Ando, Suzuki, and Murakami are stronger bets for this season.

But if Yuna is going to show up at next year's worlds I still think Mao will be there, with her struggles Mao is still the best Japanese lady skater for me.

Enidan

On the Ice
Cynthia

Music: Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini

3T-2T-2Lo
Tilted axis on 3Lz, fall
3Lo-2T
Layback
3S
Catchfoot spiral
3Lo-2T
3T
1A
Flying sit, wobbly on the difficult position
SLSS
Combination spin

Scout

Final Flight
I think it depends on nationals for Mao, and maybe even 4CC. I think her federation will give her the chance to prove herself.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I think it depends on nationals for Mao, and maybe even 4CC. I think her federation will give her the chance to prove herself.

They might do something like they did with Fumie a few years ago, when she had to beat Yoshie at 4CC to make the team.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
My coach always told me that the best skaters can skate programs which makes us feel that the jumps are just decoration. She means that jumps are important but because the skater can do other elements such as spins, foot work, spirals, inbetween moves so beautifully with so much of artistry and musicality that jumps become less important in the program. In that sense, Daisuke Tkahashi, Sasha Cohen belong to that great skaters.And today, I thought Mao belongs to that group. I know she really messed up her jumps, but i really enjoyed the rest of the program. So classy and elegant and fluid. I could not take my eyes off of her program.

As an avid Mao fan, I am trying to be objective, but I understand what you are saying exactly! That performance was so beautiful despite the jumps. I was so incredibly relieved to see Mao smiling a little before and during the program, where yesterday her face looked nervous. This LP was a huge step in the right direction.