Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Free Skate - 11/27

Custom Title
    Mirai is to Kira Korpi as Michelle was to Nicole Bobek. I hope Mirai gets that competitive spirit ingrained in her. That is all she needs, IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The two techs were Heffernan (CAN) and Kustarova (SVK). Here's the interesting twist: if one of the techs thought Kiira's lutz was UR and the other one disagreed, guess whose vote resolves the conflict? The Tech Controller, Lakernik (RUS). I suspect the latter would rather see a European lady on top of the podium than a US lady, especially since the Euro lady is breathtakingly beautiful and comes from a neighboring country.
    Actually The Technical Controller was Susan Hefferman (and she is from Canada according to your above posting)...

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp...0/SEG004OF.HTM
    Last edited by Jaana; 11-30-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Custom Title
    I have to say i don't like either of Mirai's programs this year. I'm wondering if the slower music is partly why she seems to lack the energy she usually has. She's slowed down so much that her spins are starting to look almost like Rachael's. I don't see how she could have slowed down so much in a matter of months. He speed was what seperated her from her competitors. Maybe she's holding back a bit to try and skate clean programs but i want to see the old fast Mirai.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Since someone said I have nothing positive to say about Rachael's competitors. I was merely pointing out all of Mirai's flaws because the same crowd kept on saying she wuzrobbed. She wasn't. If anything, Kiira wuzrobbed, I thought she won the LP.
    Mirai has flaws, Kira has flaws. Reasonable minds can differ on who won what. It was very close, so the wuzrobbed posts were not out of line.

Custom Title
    Rachael fixed her flutz, her flip. Mao is fixing hers. Kim fixed her. Miki fixed her. The other girls didn't even bother. So, I have nothing nice to say about them.
    Acrually, Mirai's flutz is a big question. Last season she never got "e" on it (as far as I remember), sometimes "!" and sometimes nothing.
    Now it depends on the techical controller, if he sees "!" (can't be used now), he can give e-call or not. In China, for example, none of her jumps got edge call. So...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Acrually, Mirai's flutz is a big question. Last season she never got "e" on it (as far as I remember), sometimes "!" and sometimes nothing.
    Now it depends on the techical controller, if he sees "!" (can't be used now), he can give e-call or not. In China, for example, none of her jumps got edge call. So...
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf
    Called on both flutzes last year.

Called on both flutzes

http://www.isuresults.com/results/ow..._SP_Scores.pdf
    Called on the flutz in the SP at the Olympics.
    Then magically not called in the LP. No one fixed a flutz that fast. It was insane that her flutzes didn't get called at the Olympics. So ...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Mirai has flaws, Kira has flaws. Reasonable minds can differ on who won what. It was very close, so the wuzrobbed posts were not out of line.
    Reasonable minds don't call "wuzrobbed" on a close contest. Instead of giving Kiira credits on what she did well, people just assumed she won because she's pretty. Poor beautiful girls, they just couldn't catch a break.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The two techs were Heffernan (CAN) and Kustarova (SVK). Here's the interesting twist: if one of the techs thought Kiira's lutz was UR and the other one disagreed, guess whose vote resolves the conflict? The Tech Controller, Lakernik (RUS). I suspect the latter would rather see a European lady on top of the podium than a US lady, especially since the Euro lady is breathtakingly beautiful and comes from a neighboring country.
    How would it benefit a Russian judge, or for example, an Italian controller to have their own countries direct competitors come out on top? I think this conspiracy is mostly in your head.

Anyway, I love Mirai's skating, and she's probably one of my favorites competing, but she made enough mistakes to give it away, IMO. Kiira had mistakes as well, but she really fought and didn't let the performance level go down, while Mirai's did a little.

Anyway, the silver will hopefully keep Mirai hungry and improving for US Nationals, where she'll hopefully kick ***, win and make the world team!

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    How would it benefit a Russian judge, or for example, an Italian controller to have their own countries direct competitors come out on top? I think this conspiracy is mostly in your head.

Anyway, I love Mirai's skating, and she's probably one of my favorites competing, but she made enough mistakes to give it away, IMO. Kiira had mistakes as well, but she really fought and didn't let the performance level go down, while Mirai's did a little.

Anyway, the silver will hopefully keep Mirai hungry and improving for US Nationals, where she'll hopefully kick ***, win and make the world team!
    I think I agree with your take on this. Besides, it is only a GP event, and hardly worth starting a Euro vs N. America war over.
    Since I am a fan ....and not a judge.....I can't say who deserved to win TEB. Seems to me that Kiira skated close her best and I have no problem with the judges placing her first.

I do feel sure Mirai was far from her best - so it is not the end of the world that a judging panel decided one Kiira's best skates of her career beat a sloppy Mirai.

It is more troubling when we see Flatt skating close to her best and still not able to beat an injured Caro or a newcomer like Kanako - who made a few mistakes.

It still gets down to Natls for the USA Ladies. Even if I am a Mirai fan I don't think "potential" counts for anything at Natls.

Congratulations to Kiira - a nice skater who after many years of competiting finally won a GP event. Good for her. To Mirai I say - "listen to your coach" and skate better, cleaner LPs.

Down With It
    Reasonable minds don't call "wuzrobbed" on a close contest. Instead of giving Kiira credits on what she did well, people just assumed she won because she's pretty. Poor beautiful girls, they just couldn't catch a break.
    it was a close one and could have gone either way. The judges chose to give it to Korpi, and...well, that's it I guess.

Custom Title
    Thanks, I'll remember that.
    Called on both flutzes

http://www.isuresults.com/results/ow..._SP_Scores.pdf
    Called on the flutz in the SP at the Olympics.
    Again. ! and e are not the same. e means the inside edge, ! - not clear outside edge. Mirai has not clear flutz and doesn't have to change the technique of this jump complitely.
    Last edited by Eris; 12-01-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Shoe Diva
    Let's go there. Mirai's flutz received 0 from 2 judges in the short program. I'm very sure an edge call must result in negative GOE.

In the LP, one judge actually gave her +1 for her wonderful flutz.

If Rachael's competitors have something positive, I will mention them. They just don't. Rachael fixed her flutz, her flip. Mao is fixing hers. Kim fixed her. Miki fixed her. The other girls didn't even bother. So, I have nothing nice to say about them.
    This just might be my most favorite-ist, nonsense post in all of my GS history!!! Tell us how you really feel FlattFan! GO UBERS!!!

Down With It
    ^ hahaha why am I not surprised.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    ^ hahaha why am I not surprised.
    But am I wrong?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    ^No.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast