Kiira KORPI
FIN
Mirai NAGASU
USA
Ashley WAGNER

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
The first thing that comes to mind watching this list is that US Nationals is going to be tough... Four American Ladies in the 'top 9' after the GP... I'm happy to see my three favourites on this.. funny how their names all begin with an 'A' :).

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
It's nice to see both Czisny and Flatt make it to the final after being on the substitute list for the last 2 years.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Ando will win due to her know-how and longevity. For me, it is not an interesting collection of Ladies.

Couldn't agree more... I'm just glad I wasn't tempted to attend this event. Talk about a "Miki Ando & These Other Chicks" competition. If she loses, it will be her fault. The only skater on this list with a chance of beating Ando is Suzuki and even that's a bit of a stretch... cute, but not on the same level. She'll take the silver medal. The same applies to Carolina - if she even competes. It would take a miracle for Rachael to even make the podium - which is unfortunate, but it is what it is....

TtonyV7

On the Ice
It is the "post-olympic" year, so anything could happen.

Remember when Tatiana Malina came out of no where, and won the GP Final ahead of Russian Favorites Butyrskaya and Sokolova in 99?

Same thing could happen here. Yes, it's Ando to lose, but wouldn't be surprise someone jumps on top.

Flatt consistency could get her on podium, but will be depend on a few mistakes by the others.

Maybe Czisny can surprise me, and really make things interesting.

Couldn't agree more... I'm just glad I wasn't tempted to attend this event. Talk about a "Miki Ando & These Other Chicks" competition. If she loses, it will be her fault. The only skater on this list with a chance of beating Ando is Suzuki and even that's a bit of a stretch... cute, but not on the same level. She'll take the silver medal. The same applies to Carolina - if she even competes. It would take a miracle for Rachael to even make the podium - which is unfortunate, but it is what it is....
What the Americans will be looking for this season is another go at getting 13 points for Ladies and Pairs, and hopefully maintain the 13 points for Men. If Rachael wins or podiums in the GPF we have to acknowledge that she is competitive and should be part of the Team for the Worlds. Sad Mirai won't there.

Last edited: