HUN

Substitutes

Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
USA
Madison CHOCK / Greg ZUERLEIN
USA
Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO
RUS

The winner is obvious, but Pechalat/Bourzat will keep the anticipated winners from being laxed.

The substitute Chock/Zuerlein did a workable Piaf but Caron/Jost was better. Piaf is so skateable! I would suggest Madison and Greg to try a Garland melody like a Waiting for the Robert E. Lee and The Man Who Got Away. That would be a Quickstep/Cakewalk and a Dramatic Fox Trot.

Oh yes, here's a chance to watch the up and coming C/P and Bobrova/Soloviev and which of the two will win over the other

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
The winner is obvious, but Pechalat/Bourzat will keep the anticipated winners from being laxed.

The substitute Chock/Zuerlein did a workable Piaf but Caron/Jost was better. Piaf is so skateable! I would suggest Madison and Greg to try a Garland melody like a Waiting for the Robert E. Lee and The Man Who Got Away. That would be a Quickstep/Cakewalk and a Dramatic Fox Trot.

Oh yes, here's a chance to watch the up and coming C/P and Bobrova/Soloviev and which of the two will win over the other

Joe I can see you like Piaf's music, I agree, it is very "dancy". Padam, in particular, it is a true waltz. Do you rmember Usova /Platov skating to it, on the pro circuit? Their choreo done by Tarasova was spot on, imo. Of course, they were not restricted in pattern, like this year the GW section is.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Joe, I know you've been a fan of Pernelle Carron since her days with Jost, but I'm sorry. That triple time Jacques Brel "waltz" with the hyper fast music was a bad choice for anyone. Carron & Jones couldn't keep up with it. No one could.

I wish Carron had stayed with Jost, though!

And the flamenco program to a muzak version of the Rolling Stones' Angie & Paint It Black is also a very questionable choice. The Carron/Jones pairing and their coach have made some strange choices this year.

Joe, I know you've been a fan of Pernelle Carron since her days with Jost, but I'm sorry. That triple time Jacques Brel "waltz" with the hyper fast music was a bad choice for anyone. Carron & Jones couldn't keep up with it. No one could.

I wish Carron had stayed with Jost, though!

And the flamenco program to a muzak version of the Rolling Stones' Angie & Paint It Black is also a very questionable choice. The Carron/Jones pairing and their coach have made some strange choices this year.
Can't help but agree Doris. C&J have not found a signature style yet. But given the judging, they do well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I expect them to be overtaken by Miart and Zahorski at French championships when M&Z hit seniors (M&Z are 1st alternates at the JGPF this year, and aren't aged out of juniors yet.) Every team ahead of them on the JGPF are Russians, except for Lichtman & Copely USA and Galyeta and Shumski from UKR.

Last year C&J did get placed a bit high at Worlds, but they got dumped on the GP: 5th in Canada and 4th skating at home in France :eek: and those were the two weakest fields on the GP.

If I were them, I'd have new programs by Worlds.

^^^^^
Having spent a season in summer stock as a chorus boy, one has to learn a different program every week while performing the present one. It is difficult for me to think that skaters can not learn a new program in a short amount of time. Aside from Ice Dancers, there are several single and pairs skaters who could use a new program. I think Weaver & Poje (whom I like very much) have a dreadful program. Others like Denny and Barrett do not 'grab' me where previous programs did. I think, too that a few Singles could lossen up better with a new program.