I dunno, NMURA. I/M lost to the American pairs at CoC, Leonova only got bronze due a COP quirk (otherwise Nagasu would have). B/S won silver over a very flawed F/S. It'll be close and I'm thinking now B/S will take it, but I don't know how much Russia will be aided by the location
men --it can go--
daisuke, chan for title with nobunari and tahakio upsetting apple cart. those 4 in running for medals.
i can see verner medaling and winning if the above 4 mess up and he skates clean.
amodio medaling if he skates clean-not winning but a medal is possible, but the four has to mess up.
boborova/soloview for the medals3rd
savachenko/skolzowy and pang and ton for the title
sui/han for 3rd-barazova and larionov fighhting for 3rd
i can see the japanes ladies sweeping,
what i would like is this
however if miki, kanako, caroline kostner does triple/triples i see them medaling with alissa, rachel having outside shots at medals
what might happen is this
caroline kosnter 3rd
kanako, alissa 5th, 6th
but it depends on who does triple/triples and who skates well, they are so many different screnarios.i can't really place the ladies . only rachel was consistent, yet didn't get the scoress, all the other skaters had problems in at least one of their skates.
akiko and miki skated clean in theirs also. so it can be miki rachel akiko.
i just don't know.
I was just wondering about the fact that all the podium medalists at Cup of China in dance were European was that because that was like the only GP event where US or Canada didn't send their good teams?
ROTFL at nearly all of you not picking Chan as the winner. Have some of you been in a coma for several months or something? Anyway I see:
1st- Savchenko & Szolkowy
2nd- Pang & Tong
3rd- Barzova & Larionov
4th- Moore Towers & Moscovitch
5th- Sui & Han
6th- Other Russian pair
1st- Chan (unless he has atleast 6 falls and Takahashi is squeeky clean and spectacular)
Gold- Davis & White
Silver- Pechalat & Bourazat
Bronze- Bobrova & Soloviev
4th- Crone & Poirier
5th- Hoffmann & Zavozin
6th- Weaver & Poje
If politics were the deciding factor on competition outcomes, should we go by the almighty Skate Canada, the Superpower of the skating world, or should we pick the Russians to win unless they are up against the Chinese?
So, in Pairs and Dance, Skate Canada will butt heads with the Red Army. Poor little powerless Americans can only watch the clash of the Titans on the sideline. Let's hope there won't be too much bloodshed.
Last edited by Violet Bliss; 12-02-2010 at 11:55 PM.
S/S lost their baggage containing their skating shoes and costumes during their flight back to Germany.And if they won`t find their skating shoes back in 3 days ,they will withdraw the GPF.My goodness!I don`t think they will find things back in such a short time.How unlucky they are during the whole year!It seems it`s the will of God that P/Twill win.
My predictions and why:
1. Patrick Chan--fell 2 times, but oh, those edges!
2. Daisuke--fell 1 time, but slapped himself in the face during footwork.
3. Kozuka--skated clean, but judges felt was "introverted"
4. Tomas--skated clean, but judges think Michael Jackson routine is tacky
5. Florent--see above (but he's been around shorter than Tomas)
6. Nobinari Oda--brought the crowd to its feet with his thrilling performance. But oops--he did three axels and four lutzes, so half of his jumps didn't count.
The next day, a thread will start about how Oda and Kazuka were robbed.
1. Miki Ando--came in 6th in the short, but won the long by a huge margin
2. Akiko Suzuki--came in 2nd in both, and did a lovely skate. May have been robbed
3. Carolina Kostner--true, she didn't do hard jumps, but she skates with such speed and line! Won the short.
4. Murakami--probably could have won a medal, but judges didn't want Japanese sweep
5. Rachael--poor Rachael. Skated clean to the naked eye, but judges picked until they found something on her. Also low PCS.
6. Alissa--what a shame the nerves got the best of her.
This is not what I would like to happen--I'd like to see a man decide to take a rest (but not get injured) and have Jeremy there, and I'd like Alissa to win. But I don't see either of those happening.