Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 2010 Swedish Nationals

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    This news is a bit "old" now, but I was hoping someone would translate Marcus Björk's interview on Sveriges Radio for me: http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsi...rtikel=4243794

AbsoluteSkating.com finally posted their report on the Swedish Nationals: http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...011swedishnat1

The Marcus Björk interview:

Marcus: It feels good, I have done good practice sessions, I am focused and I am in good shape.

Svetjiana: Can you feel that you are in good shape?

Yes, you do. You land the jumps in practise and it's easy to do your stuff.

How do you feel when it's not easy then?

Then it feels hard and sort of difficult.

But you feel good now?

Yeah.

So, it's home turf for you then. How do you feel about that?

Well, there are a lot of people I know around me and many of the volunteers are active in my club, so that makes me feel fine.

So you don't get more nervous then?

No, it's mostly fun. Like other club members come and say "good luck now", so that's fun.

You maybe get more on then, or?

Well, I am always on when I compete, but of course.

Some says that they hope you will end up on the podium in junior nationals. What do you think about that?

Well, I can't do more than my best and I hope it will be as good as possible.

But do you feel the press then, when people say that?

No, I sort of do my own thing. I know fairly well what I want to do and what to expect and then I don't bother much about the others.

What are you expecting then?

That my training will give results?

How much have you been training then before nationals?

I have been training hard the last weeks, except for this week when I have been taking it easy. Four mornings before school and every afternoon. Saturday is free but Sunday is practice.

But do you manage school and everything else then?

Yes, I do.

You do? No problems?

No.

You are sixteen. When I searched you I found an article from 2008 that already then said you were an impressive figure skater. For how long have you been skating?

I started when I was nine and I think my first success was winning "Götalandsmästerskapen" (a sectional competition in the southern parts of Sweden) just before I was twelve. Then I have done better and better. The year after was my first novice championship and then I did two more novice championships with medals in all of them. And I have been to Nordics twice as a junior and there I have won bronze and gold.

Bronze and gold, That's pretty good …

Yes it is.

But then you have done a lot.

Yes I actually have.

And you have skated from the age of nine. How good would you say Malmö is in the figure skating business?

I would say one of the better clubs. We have many good skaters here at nationals. We have good coaches, a nice club and so …

Why do you succeed do you think?

Well, everything. It sort of works fine with coaches and with, well, the whole club is supporting you and so … yes…

What do you think of the audience. Will there be a lot of people this weekend?

Yes, nationals is one of the bigger events, so it should attract some people.

Your first competition is tomorrow, the short program. And then on Sunday the long program. How excited are you.

I am very excited, I really am. I see it in my head how I succeed.

So what do you see?

Well, a good program. I do my elements properly and everything.

Maybe a medal if you succeed …

Yes, that's my hopes.

Marcus Björk from Malmö figure skating club; Good luck!

Thanks a million for your translation, snowflake!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7