2010 Swedish Nationals | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2010 Swedish Nationals

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Two footed landings and stumbles, but at least K stayed on his feet. Crowd pleaser :laugh: Is it allowed to grab the rink side like he does in front of the judges?

132.10, 204.05 Kristoffer wins! Home and practice for Europeans :yay:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
KOFFE!!!!!! :party2::party::rock::clap::yay: He's a 9-time national champion now! My brain is half-dead from having to wake up at 4:30AM, but it was totally worth it!!!

Btw, does anyone know if the medal ceremony will be streamed?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Nice to see so many male Swedish figure skaters, also the ones on a lower level. I mean boys don't do figure skating in Sweden. They do icehockey, football, motor sports, snow sports …… anything else. Kudos to these guys; from the young ones to the old boy :thumbsup:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior Men Final Results:

1 Kristoffer BERNTSSON 205.31
2 Adrian SCHULTHEISS 198.87
3 Alexander MAJOROV 186.84
4 Michael NEUMAN 139.96
5 Ondrej SPIEGL 139.80
6 Girts JEKABSONS 136.17
7 Anton TRUVÉ 136.06
8 Jimmy KARLSSON 134.11
9 Lucas WICKSTRÖM 92.50

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Crowd pleaser :laugh: Is it allowed to grab the rink side like he does in front of the judges?

I'm not sure! When Kristoffer pulled off that stunt at Skate Canada, the audience of course laughed and cheered loudly, but for a split second I thought, "Wait a minute, will the judges give him a deduction for daring to touch their table???" :eek: Let's face it, they can be a stuffy bunch sometimes, and they may not necessarily appreciate his sense of playfulness...

Nice to see so many male Swedish figure skaters, also the ones on a lower level. I mean boys don't do figure skating in Sweden. They do icehockey, football, motor sports, snow sports …… anything else.

I did learn from my sociology courses that Scandinavian countries are considered to be the most progressive in terms of gender equality, but there are obviously still some lingering stereotypes (like figure skating is a "girly" sport :rolleye:). At this year's Senior Men's event, there were 8 Swedes and 1 Latvian competiting. Isn't that some kind of record for Swedish figure skating in terms of the number of participants?

Kudos to these guys; from the young ones to the old boy :thumbsup:

Hey, who are you calling "old"? ;)

Any protocols?

You can find them here: http://www.nymanfamily.se/sm2010/html/index.htm

ETA: I just noticed that Majorov's TES in the free skate was higher than Berntsson's and Schultheiss'.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
And the Swedish news today has been full of Majorov raging against the Swedish federation for not being chosen for Europeans. On Facebook he said some really bad things. As he was not quick enough to erase it, a tabloid paper quoted him and the damage was done. In the afternoon M has apologized to federation members and in interviews in media. Suppose it will continue on TV news tonight. Figure skating never got this much attention in one day :p
I did learn from my sociology courses that Scandinavian countries are considered to be the most progressive in terms of gender equality, but there are obviously still some lingering stereotypes (like figure skating is a "girly" sport :rolleye:). At this year's Senior Men's event, there were 8 Swedes and 1 Latvian competiting. Isn't that some kind of record for Swedish figure skating in terms of the number of participants?

A bit odd, but some traditions sit hard. Anyway, more male skaters this championships than for a long time. Hope it is a trend. It must be hard to be a sole boy skating in a club. If there are at least two I am sure more will follow.

I will translate the Svtplay-clip when I have time.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is the first time I've checked my computer today, and after reading Sasha's Facebook comments, my immediate reaction was: :jaw:

Last edited: