Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dates?

  1. #1
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54

    Dates?

    What are the dates for US Nationals?

  2. #2
    Custom Title MFarone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    388

    U. S. Nationals

    U. S. Nationals start January 22, 2011 through January 31, 2011 in Greensboro, NC.

    Here's a link to the website: http://www.northcarolina2011.com/

    Maureen

  3. #3
    Custom Title Pikachuusb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    450
    Boo to those dates as I will be in the Caribbean on a cruise and probably wont be getting Universal Sports or NBC on the tv. Who knows maybe I will luck out. I need to check times and listing before we head out. Hopefully Tivo wont fail me and will record everything. Now I will be drinking those fruity drinks stressing about Nationals. Maybe I can get a massage to calm my nerves during it

  4. #4
    chillyfranz
    Guest
    These dates are invconvenient for me , even watching on the television. Why they have to spread it out over 10 days? It's not a festivitity , skaters need to prepare for international competitions too (Four Continents, World, it is important even for the top level atheletes).

  5. #5
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,386
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyfranz View Post
    These dates are invconvenient for me , even watching on the television. Why they have to spread it out over 10 days? It's not a festivitity , skaters need to prepare for international competitions too (Four Continents, World, it is important even for the top level atheletes).
    You're forgetting (or you don't realize) that there are three levels of each discipline -- Novice, Junior and Senior. Unlike other countries, the U.S. puts all the levels within one competition. That's 12 different competitions each with a Short program (or dance) and a free program (or dance). That's 24 different segments.

    The senior level competion (known as Championship) are over four days.

  6. #6
    chillyfranz
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    You're forgetting (or you don't realize) that there are three levels of each discipline -- Novice, Junior and Senior. Unlike other countries, the U.S. puts all the levels within one competition. That's 12 different competitions each with a Short program (or dance) and a free program (or dance). That's 24 different segments.

    The senior level competion (known as Championship) are over four days.
    Oh, thank you. But when is the gala?
    All top level skaters must attend the gala
    Last edited by chillyfranz; 01-08-2011 at 12:45 AM.

  7. #7
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,386
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyfranz View Post
    Oh, thank you. But when is the gala?
    All top level skaters must attend the gala
    The gala is 7 p.m. Sunday the 30th after the men's free program.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •