Should Plush get rid of Biellmann?

• Yes

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 23.9%

• Total voters

FrozenHeart

Rinkside
Although it´s his trademark, I´d prefer him not to hurt himself doing it again and again. Denise is still able to perform it and she´s 40 (?). Didn´t look to me as if Plush might be able to do the Biellmann for the next 20 years. So he should get rid of it now!

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, even though it took me a while to get used to a man performing this spin, I did come to appreciate it as part of his skating. It helps to set him apart from others. But, if it is aggrevating or even possibly causing injury, then he should definitely drop it. He could always go with the semi-layback that Petrenko used to do. I always enjoyed that. I think Rudy Galindo also had a nice semi-layback.

icenut84

Final Flight
I voted "no" without reading the first post. I didn't realise Plush himself said he wants to get rid of it - if that's the case, and/or if it's causing him any problems to perform it, then he shouldn't do it any more. There's plenty of variations of positions he could do instead that also make use of his back flexibility, like the Petrenko-esque layback that someone else mentioned.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Plush listen to yourself and forget about your fans GET RID OF THE BIELLMANN SPIN
and concentrate on the other spins that are not all that great.

Pookie

Final Flight
I voted yes. I really don't like the Beillmann unless Denise Beillmann is doing it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If it is causing him pain, then I say---get rid of it!!

Dee

Although I voted for him to get rid of it, I think he does need it in his competitive routine. Plush, imo, is not a good spinner. I have never seen him do a sitzspin where he actually goes down (fanny near the ice) all the way. All his spins for me are mediocre but then most male figure skaters are.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes I do... it's not a flattering spin for him anyway...

not only that but in the Lalique interview when he said he cut his finger on it???? sounds a little too dangerous... he could lose something! LOL

Kasey

Medalist
YES, get rid of the dang Biellman (since there are other men now who can do it just as well, or better, like Griazev and Sawyer).

AND....spend a week or so with Todd Eldredge, Paul Wylie (or dig up Scott Davis, wherever he is) and work on the quality and speed of the OTHER spins!!!! It seems in general, since I've been noticing Russian men's skating (Urmanov/Petrenko time frame), spins have generally been slow and weak (even my beloved Yagudin usually didn't have great positions or speed!)

Give us good REAL spins!!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I voted get rid of it...

...but just have to remark on the premise that "his fans won't let him." Since when are his fans in charge of his choreography?????

I guess we should start a Plushy choreography thread and decide what the music and composition will be of his next LP. Who would like to start with his next musical selection????

LOL..

DG

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Ah yes, Paul is the spin "doctor"...........anyway, I love Plushenko, and the only thing I don't care for, skating wise, is that spin.....please lose it!!! 42

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
I agree! Get rid of the biellmann spin. Often, he doesn't really do it that well anyway- he loses all his speed trying to force the position. I never thought that was his most impressive move.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
biellmann

I think a skater should only do this move if they do it well, and for some reason, I still think OUCh when I watch him do it. Now, Sasha, Lucinda, Nathalie, Rohene, and Denisse don't give me the ouchies when they do it. And Pluschenko does this weird bent knee thing when he's doing it. It's not attractive at all...

insecureedge

On the Ice
Yes. Perhaps due to his knee injury, Plushenko's Bielmann looks very labored this year. Plus, his combination spin wasn't upgraded a level with a Bielmann with COP, so it isn't adding to his technical score. Finally, it shows down his spins a lot.

InsecureEdge