Obscure Pairs Moves that you miss... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Obscure Pairs Moves that you miss...

evangeline

Record Breaker
I just want to see more simple, well-done death spirals that don't have awkward hand-changes or catchfoot positions or whatever heinous difficult variations that the CoP demands for extra points.

I know, not very obscure but the death spiral used to be my favourite element until I started seeing all those catchfoots...

Wicked

Final Flight
Tai and Randy used to do a paired Ina Bauer.

I had an Olympic preview book from 1980. There was a picture inside of Tai and Randy doing that move. It was one of their signature moves for me. I miss them.

Gumdrops

Rinkside
I just want to see more simple, well-done death spirals that don't have awkward hand-changes or catchfoot positions or whatever heinous difficult variations that the CoP demands for extra points.

I know, not very obscure but the death spiral used to be my favourite element until I started seeing all those catchfoots...

I agree.

I want everything to be more simple again. Esp. the lifts. I'll take a well done simple press lift over a billion changes of position with ugly catchfoot positions any day.

Spins too look soooo labored now.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
yes, spins that are actually in unison and feature a nice stretched out camel position (with no variations!). Simple death spirals where the lady is low to the ice with an arched back (no catch foot or change of feet).

janetfan

Match Penalty
yes, spins that are actually in unison and feature a nice stretched out camel position (with no variations!). Simple death spirals where the lady is low to the ice with an arched back (no catch foot or change of feet).

I miss that too - but think it is more than what the majority of today's teams are capable of showing.

The Cop has chased small jump sequences and delayed/one footed axels out of singles and apparently not much value is placed on beautiful unison in Pairs.

I could care less if I never saw another catch-foot position again in Pairs.

gkelly

Record Breaker
The Cop has chased small jump sequences and delayed/one footed axels out of singles

I think it's more that these elements had become so rare in singles skating even by the early/mid-1990s that when the new system was designed a decade later it didn't allow for rewarding those skills.

If skaters had still been doing them in the early 2000s, the rules would have been designed to reward them.

And I can suggest some specifics. ;)

janetfan

Match Penalty
I think it's more that these elements had become so rare in singles skating even by the early/mid-1990s that when the new system was designed a decade later it didn't allow for rewarding those skills.

If skaters had still been doing them in the early 2000s, the rules would have been designed to reward them.

And I can suggest some specifics. ;)

Fair enough - but I was really commenting on Pairs.

Watching the German team (who I really like) I watched as they did a sbs spin that not only had poor unison but they actually came out of them almost a second apart. :disapp:

It seems in the name of big tricks so much beauty and finesse has been lost in Pairs skating.