Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Tanja90

On the Ice
Don't know if it was already posted but miki ando changed her short to music Grabiel's oboe and The Falls by Ennio Morricone! I love this music! I'm sure it'll be better than the old one!
Carolina won't change her jump layout (let's see if she'll managed to do the 3toe 3toe in the short! hope so) and I'm 99% sure she won't show up today because she left Italy this morning (or afternoon...don't know..Italy's time however) ;)

herios

Medalist
Don't know if it was already posted but miki ando changed her short to music Grabiel's oboe and The Falls by Ennio Morricone! I love this music! I'm sure it'll be better than the old one!
Carolina won't change her jump layout (let's see if she'll managed to do the 3toe 3toe in the short! hope so) and I'm 99% sure she won't show up today because she left Italy this morning (or afternoon...don't know..Italy's time however) ;)

Gabriel's oboe (Nella Fantasia) is one of the most marvellous piece of music ever written,gives me always chills, however Miki to skate to it?
She is the one of the most emotionless top skater I can ever remember!

burntBREAD

Medalist

EXACTLY what silverlake22 predicted! ;)

chansb

Spectator

This is Youtube stuff(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxZDQZ6MzEE
Carolina used this at her SP in 2006 Olympics. Would be interesting to see her changes.:)

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker

Oh... I love that music. Hopefully the beauty of it will really inspire Miki skate soulfully. Good luck to her!

Any other reports on how the skaters are doing?

herios

Medalist
Oh... I love that music. Hopefully the beauty of it will really inspire Miki skate soulfully. Good luck to her!

Well, I ADORE that music, gives me chills the same way as Nessun Dorma does. If Miki won't do justice to it's beauty and skate like to the phone book, I am going to be very mad!

I learned early from watching pracice sessions that what you see is not what you get in competition - so I now sleep through them.

As to music, thanks to MM's viewpoint, a high score in the SP shows what 'artistry' there is in a skater. The LP is more of a battle for points with little artistry except for ballet-like arms of the Ladies, and wild uncontrollable arms for the Men. Winning is the game.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Thank goodness that they're okay, but the way in which the collision happened was actually kind of funny. It's like Taka was in mid-air and just bonked Dai...the manner in which it occurred is straight out of a cartoon or something.

Yeah I gasped when I watched this but it's actually almost comical.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That looked incredibly painful, especially for Daisuke...I mean, Takahiko practically landed a jump on Daisuke's back!

Hopefully this doesn't affect them during the competition.

The video I linked shows Daisuke clearly in pain. Someone reported that he continued his footwork but didn't land any jump after the collision. I wonder if this would affect his plan to do a 4F in his LP. If he was just shocked and not physically hurt, he may get over it by competition time. Koz must be feeling terrible too.

Daisuke has not been able to land his Lutzes and 4T in practices, which is why he will attempt 4F instead.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah I gasped when I watched this but it's actually almost comical.

agreed. it looks like it'd hurt, but it's such a FREAK ACCIDENT... I've seen skaters run into each other before (Tim G and Mike W in 2005 at nationals, and the ice dancer who broke his nose at nationals 2006 come to mind) but a jump collision?

It's a pretty "epic" collision to say the least.