Canadian Nationals Predictions | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Canadian Nationals Predictions

herios

Medalist
I dont see why the concept if I/K beat R/T at Europeans they would get sent to Worlds over them is some revelation or surprise. European nationals general use Europeans as the final qualifier for Worlds. If they have more spots available for Europeans than Worlds or someone missing from Europeans they will be sending to Worlds, then who places higher at Europeans is pretty much always what determines who will go. It certainly doesnt mean anything political either. If I/K were to beat R/T at Europeans they would deserve to go to Worlds, and it would go against usual European policy if they didnt.

Surely, but imo R/T are better and they will confirm their ranking above I/K at the Europeans. Enough of this subject on the canadian prediction thread

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)A bit OT here , (I don't see another likely thread, but didn't want to start one in case of duplication )... Skatebuzz will be livestreaming the Jrs.competitions and also the Sr. practices beginning on the 17th. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I had heard that skatebuzz will not be geoblocked for Canadians?

Do you know whether that is true or not, colleen, or anyone else?

callalily

On the Ice
I don't think that the Skate Canada practices were geoblocked on Skatebuzz, and as I recall the Skatebug commentary was included (not really commentary so much as miscellaneous nuggets of info, some quite interesting). So senior practices and junior competition (i.e. material not broadcast on the main networks) might not be geoblocked.

ETA: Senior competitive events will be on the main networks, so probably won't be on Skatebuzz at all, IIRC.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I don't know for sure , but it seems to me callalily has it about right.. I'm pretty sure at least people in the US have been able to view in the past. But all of the Sr. competition will be broadcast on CBC's Bold channel, so beginning Fri. I would expect the skatebuzz coverage to be cut off.

Another interesting point is that Jeff Buttle will be doing some of the in-house commentary etc.,so we might hear from him some of the time...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
If it's on the main networks, check out CBC's website for figure skating. If there are no rights conflicts outside of Canada, it shouldn't be geoblocked.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A recent D&W interview on IN says that they are happy that V&M are back training, and they definitely expect to see V&M at Worlds. If V&M decide not to do nationals, the Canadian fed will come to Canton to assess their programs, when V&M are ready for that.

Just hoping Weaver and Poje changed that LP which did not suit them and it came across boring. They are a good team who should do well in placing with the two other more popular teams so that no one has to do a quali round at Worlds.

herios

Medalist
And this one ( if the link works ) which has , maybe , a slightly more positive tone :
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/virtue-moi...nadian-championships-20110112-094307-259.html

I'll keep hoping 'til the very last moment..:biggrin::biggrin:

Of course i am anxious to see them as well, but I hope they do what is smart and not push hard for no reason. Another canadian title means very little in comparison to Tessa's health and if she is indeed pain free, they could have another month of training before the 4CC.

herios

Medalist
Just hoping Weaver and Poje changed that LP which did not suit them and it came across boring. They are a good team who should do well in placing with the two other more popular teams so that no one has to do a quali round at Worlds.

They do not need to change the program in my opinion, only rework the step sequences. Those are the letdowns, level 2 won't cut it at this level.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Just as a side note, skatebuzz.com has a bunch of short video profiles for some of the tops skaters an nationals available in the video section.

ibauer

Rinkside
I really don't see that happening. I think Chan would have to be a complete disaster in both the short and the long programs.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Lol in order for Kevin to beat Patrick, Patrick will have to have like 6 falls and Kevin will have to do 6 quads