Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek Ventures into Fashion

Custom Title

Lysacek Ventures into Fashion

Looks like that Evan has found his place somewhere else other than coming back competing.

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/...designer-.html

For some reason, I think he could succeed especially there is Vera Wang beside him.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-08-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Since he has everything a competitor skater would want, he's checking out what's life got to offer. It's tough for young men to stay close to show biz. I don't think he wants to continue performing either. He's not a choreographer and can he start at the bottom and teach/coach? Good for him that he is searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Since he has everything a competitor skater would want, he's checking out what's life got to offer. It's tough for young men to stay close to show biz. I don't think he wants to continue performing either. He's not a choreographer and can he start at the bottom and teach/coach? Good for him that he is searching.
    he's still skating in shows, not just SOI but others as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    he's still skating in shows, not just SOI but others as well...
    Will he meet the girl of his dreams and raise a family just on 10 years of SOI?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I saw a tweet from him on that and I was afraid to look ...

But is the woman on his right wearing the dress he designed? If so, I'm impressed. I always did like Evan's costumes. (I know he didn't design them but he still had to approve and I suppose looking back on it he did give a sense of having taste. )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I saw a tweet from him on that and I was afraid to look ...

But is the woman on his right wearing the dress he designed? If so, I'm impressed. I always did like Evan's costumes. (I know he didn't design them but he still had to approve and I suppose looking back on it he did give a sense of having taste. )
    Do you mean the woman on his left? The one on his right is fashion designer Vera Wang, who has been designing his costumes lately. She was a skater and is famous for her wedding gowns. They have been pals and I'm sure she's a big factor in his foray into fashion designing.

Even's tweets have been about hobnobing and name dropping. Wang is not his only celebrity pal or new BFF.

Banned
    The amateur skating World is missing him. The king of figure skating would have added alot to this dissapointing season of mens singles so far.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Do you mean the woman on his left? The one on his right is fashion designer Vera Wang, who has been designing his costumes lately. She was a skater and is famous for her wedding gowns. They have been pals and I'm sure she's a big factor in his foray into fashion designing.

Even's tweets have been about hobnobing and name dropping. Wang is not his only celebrity pal or new BFF.
    He has been dropping names of some of the celebrities he's met, in his tweets; but he also tweets about a lot of charity events and good causes, like 'habitat for humanity'.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    The amateur skating World is missing him. The king of figure skating would have added alot to this dissapointing season of mens singles so far.
    Seriously!

Honestly, looks like Evan is well liked a lot more elsewhere. Wish him a good luck in fashion design and everything! I like the dress he designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Will he meet the girl of his dreams and raise a family just on 10 years of SOI?
    There must be a lot of girls looking up to him. The question is which one he's going to choose?
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-09-2010 at 09:11 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    He is certainly a better skater than designer, this dress is too heavy and busy. But since it was for charity, it is good I guess.

Custom Title
    The dress does look a little heavy but, to me, it still looks very good and beautiful. Some real fashion designer's products are worse. So I think it's very impressive for Lysacek's debute.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-09-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Isn't Johnny Weir interested in fashion design also? Maybe the rivalry will continue. They could put on a joint show: dueling designers.

I respect Evan as a skater and competitor, and I'm not trying to ridicule him here when I say this. I wonder if his designing venture will include lots of black.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Well, I am not really missing him. He did not do much for me. One of those skaters I will probably never feel the need to dig out a youtube link and watch again, while for many I do. Sorry.
    And that is not that I don't respect him as an athlete. Because he was the ultimate competitor.
    But good for him if he moves forward in his life. 25y of age is the right time to do it, if he wants something to achieve outside of skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Isn't Johnny Weir interested in fashion design also? Maybe the rivalry will continue. They could put on a joint show: dueling designers.
    I'm sure that I'll prefer Lysacek's taste wayyyyyy more than Weir's.

Did Lysacek actually sew this dress or just designed it? Weir said he didn't know how to sew.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast