Lysacek Ventures into Fashion | Golden Skate

Lysacek Ventures into Fashion

Since he has everything a competitor skater would want, he's checking out what's life got to offer. It's tough for young men to stay close to show biz. I don't think he wants to continue performing either. He's not a choreographer and can he start at the bottom and teach/coach? Good for him that he is searching.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Since he has everything a competitor skater would want, he's checking out what's life got to offer. It's tough for young men to stay close to show biz. I don't think he wants to continue performing either. He's not a choreographer and can he start at the bottom and teach/coach? Good for him that he is searching.

he's still skating in shows, not just SOI but others as well...

Layfan

Record Breaker
I saw a tweet from him on that and I was afraid to look ...:p

But is the woman on his right wearing the dress he designed? If so, I'm impressed. I always did like Evan's costumes. (I know he didn't design them but he still had to approve and I suppose looking back on it he did give a sense of having taste. :) )

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I saw a tweet from him on that and I was afraid to look ...:p

But is the woman on his right wearing the dress he designed? If so, I'm impressed. I always did like Evan's costumes. (I know he didn't design them but he still had to approve and I suppose looking back on it he did give a sense of having taste. :) )

Do you mean the woman on his left? The one on his right is fashion designer Vera Wang, who has been designing his costumes lately. She was a skater and is famous for her wedding gowns. They have been pals and I'm sure she's a big factor in his foray into fashion designing.

Even's tweets have been about hobnobing and name dropping. Wang is not his only celebrity pal or new BFF.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The amateur skating World is missing him. The king of figure skating would have added alot to this dissapointing season of mens singles so far.

ranjake

Final Flight
Do you mean the woman on his left? The one on his right is fashion designer Vera Wang, who has been designing his costumes lately. She was a skater and is famous for her wedding gowns. They have been pals and I'm sure she's a big factor in his foray into fashion designing.

Even's tweets have been about hobnobing and name dropping. Wang is not his only celebrity pal or new BFF.

He has been dropping names of some of the celebrities he's met, in his tweets; but he also tweets about a lot of charity events and good causes, like 'habitat for humanity'.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
The amateur skating World is missing him. The king of figure skating would have added alot to this dissapointing season of mens singles so far.

Seriously!:rolleye:

Honestly, looks like Evan is well liked a lot more elsewhere. Wish him a good luck in fashion design and everything! I like the dress he designed.

Will he meet the girl of his dreams and raise a family just on 10 years of SOI?

There must be a lot of girls looking up to him. The question is which one he's going to choose?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
He is certainly a better skater than designer, this dress is too heavy and busy. But since it was for charity, it is good I guess.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
The dress does look a little heavy but, to me, it still looks very good and beautiful. Some real fashion designer's products are worse. So I think it's very impressive for Lysacek's debute.

Last edited:
Isn't Johnny Weir interested in fashion design also? Maybe the rivalry will continue. They could put on a joint show: dueling designers. :yes:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I respect Evan as a skater and competitor, and I'm not trying to ridicule him here when I say this. I wonder if his designing venture will include lots of black. :biggrin:

herios

Medalist

Well, I am not really missing him. He did not do much for me. One of those skaters I will probably never feel the need to dig out a youtube link and watch again, while for many I do. Sorry.
And that is not that I don't respect him as an athlete. Because he was the ultimate competitor.
But good for him if he moves forward in his life. 25y of age is the right time to do it, if he wants something to achieve outside of skating.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Isn't Johnny Weir interested in fashion design also? Maybe the rivalry will continue. They could put on a joint show: dueling designers. :yes:

I'm sure that I'll prefer Lysacek's taste wayyyyyy more than Weir's.:)

Did Lysacek actually sew this dress or just designed it? Weir said he didn't know how to sew.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Well, I am not really missing him. He did not do much for me. One of those skaters I will probably never feel the need to dig out a youtube link and watch again, while for many I do. Sorry.
And that is not that I don't respect him as an athlete. Because he was the ultimate competitor.
But good for him if he moves forward in his life. 25y of age is the right time to do it, if he wants something to achieve outside of skating.

Here is some pretty good skating - and even though it is from 2007 I haven't seen anything this season that could beat this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zJXcviX0I

Do we have to go back to Yags in his prime to see a better Men's program?

Note to Plushy fans: I do not care much for tilted 3A's, second rate 3Lzs and junior spins;)

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Here is some pretty good skating - and even though it is from 2007 I haven't seen anything this season that could beat this:

Note to Plushy fans: I do not care much for tilted 3A's, second rate 3Lzs and junior spins;)

If the judging was fair, this recent program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcfHz5wGepY) should be able to best Lysacek's LP there.

janetfan

Match Penalty
If the judging was fair, this recent program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcfHz5wGepY) should be able to best Lysacek's LP there.

I did see that program and agree it was awesome. My favorite of the year and miles ahead of anything I have seen from Dai or Patrick this season.......

But Evan did not two foot his quad - and also did it in combination. Big points for that which unfortunately would boost his pcs under CoP scoring :sheesh:

And remember the CoP is the same as CoR - code of reputation.

I think Evan would win this season if he showed his '07 Natls LP.

herios

Medalist

If I want to dig out something, I would and won't need to go as far back as to Yags, but in more recent years there have been skates better than Evan's.
For me, Takahashi's Romeo & Juliet from 4CC 2008, the record holder in COP mark, takes the cake (eventhough he had a flip out of one triple), he just put in a jumping clinic there (2 quads included) and had everything else, intensity, footwork and spins.
I just didn't care much for Evan's artistry, to be honest, that is why I am not missing him. For each his own taste.

herios

Medalist
I did see that program and agree it was awesome. My favorite of the year and miles ahead of anything I have seen from Dai or Patrick this season.......

But Evan did not two foot his quad - and also did it in combination. Big points for that which unfortunately would boost his pcs under CoP scoring :sheesh:

And remember the CoP is the same as CoR - code of reputation.

I think Evan would win this season if he showed his '07 Natls LP.

You Think?? Hello? When was the last time Evan landed a clean quad in a competition? Can you recall?