Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 101

Thread: Men's Short Program

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    To me, Dai the rockstar was overscored in TES given his poor spins and a disruptive stumble in footwork. Chan's spins were fast, a joy to watch. I hope Kozuka will switch back to last year's short and win a medal in the world championship.

  2. #47
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Missed Oda, Florent, Verner and Chan. Seems like Oda was on, good for him. Did Parick do a quad?
    Loved Dai and Taka. Nothing cartoonish about Dai's skating to me.
    Cartoonish is not necessarily a bad thing as there are lots of people who love animation,
    I think Dai needs to make it more about the skating at times and less about posing and mugging. I don;t care for that in excess but the judges don't seem to mind.

  3. #48
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    To me, Dai the rockstar was overscored in TES given his poor spins and a disruptive stumble in footwork. Chan's spins were fast, a joy to watch. I hope Kozuka will switch back to last year's short and win a medal in the world championship.
    The Men's competition has not been over for 15 minutes and the complaining about overscoring begins. Sheesh.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,613
    Maybe Chan's quad was marked "<". It would justify the difference in TES with Oda. Or maybe Oda got much higher GOE on his jumps(which would be right, imo). Great skating from the top 4!

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Cartoonish is not necessarily a bad thing as there are lots of people who love animation,
    I think Dai needs to make it more about the skating at times and less about posing and mugging. I don;t care for that in excess but the judges don't seem to mind.
    The judges LOOOVE Daisuke, and so do I....It's entertainment on ice, he is blending amateur skating with show skating , something totally cool imo.

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    So, is that a problem? Sheesh.

  7. #52
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Cartoonish is not necessarily a bad thing as there are lots of people who love animation,
    I think Dai needs to make it more about the skating at times and less about posing and mugging. I don;t care for that in excess but the judges don't seem to mind.
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I am a Dai fan and think he is brilliant on the ice. That is my line and I am sticking to it.

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Maybe Chan's quad was marked "<". It would justify the difference in TES with Oda. Or maybe Oda got much higher GOE on his jumps(which would be right, imo). Great skating from the top 4!
    You know, I thought about it as well, when the marks came up, as I expected him to be about + 3 in comparison with Oda. Of his 3 jumps, the 4t looked the only one iffy as far as rotation is concerned, but the abgle for the slo-mo was not good for me to see it clearly.

  9. #54
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    The Men's competition has not been over for 15 minutes and the complaining about overscoring begins. Sheesh.
    So, is that a problem? Or, what's the problem with you? Sheesh.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Cartoonish is not necessarily a bad thing as there are lots of people who love animation,
    I think Dai needs to make it more about the skating at times and less about posing and mugging. I don;t care for that in excess but the judges don't seem to mind.
    But what Daisuke does with his blades, skating-wise, is also quite fantastic! I have seen Daisuke live and he is even better in person, skating with excellent speed and attack along with his very good flow. Back in the day, I used to think Daisuke was over-scored on things like PCS all the time but after seeing him live...well, I sometimes still think he is over-scored at times (especially when he doesn't do too well) but I understand why much better.

  11. #56
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by magicalwords View Post
    Chan tacked combo onto his triple jump.
    yes sorry i missed it, I was still in awe for Oda's 4-3. Amazing!
    Great competition so far!

    Videos of men up on YT http://www.youtube.com/user/icenews2011
    Last edited by seniorita; 12-10-2010 at 06:56 AM.

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    yes sorry i missed it, I was still in awe for Oda's 4-3. Amazing!
    Great competition so far!

    Videos of men up on YT http://www.youtube.com/user/icenews2011
    I agree with how amazing Oda's 4-3 was! Actually, all his jumps were great

  13. #58
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    yes sorry i missed it, I was still in awe for Oda's 4-3. Amazing!
    Great competition so far!

    Videos of men up on YT http://www.youtube.com/user/icenews2011
    Thanks. Looking forward to seeing Oda and Patrick's SP.

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Maybe Chan's quad was marked "<". It would justify the difference in TES with Oda. Or maybe Oda got much higher GOE on his jumps(which would be right, imo). Great skating from the top 4!
    Probably a bit of both.

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Interesting to see how Oda and Kozuka have almost even PCS! the huge gap is made only on the TES, rightfully so.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •