Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Men's Short Program

Banned
    Oda must have had huge GOE to outscore Takahashi by so much with the same jumps on TES and Chan with a quad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Oda must have had huge GOE to outscore Takahashi by so much with the same jumps on TES and Chan with a quad.
    Oda does not have the same jumps as Takahashi's. Oda did a quad triple combo.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I am a Dai fan and think he is brilliant on the ice. That is my line and I am sticking to it.
    I like Dai too - just thought he was clearly outskated by Oda and Chan in the SP today.
    There is still the LP to come and I would not be surprised if Dai wins this event.

On the other hand, Oda was awesome today and I think his lead should be bigger.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Actually, Oda had a 4T-3T while Takahashi only had a 3-3.

If Oda received huge GOE for his jumps, he deserved them tonight--his jumps were magnificent. The height and distance, as well as the butter-smooth landings, of his 4T-3T and 3A made me go
    Last edited by evangeline; 12-10-2010 at 08:15 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Oda should lead more? Huh? Since when 4-3 in SP should big lead 3-3? Since Vancouver?:sheesh:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by magicalwords View Post
    I agree with how amazing Oda's 4-3 was! Actually, all his jumps were great
    And spins. Even the step sequence, while not being his signature move, was done so well on one foot and nicely to the music IMO. Oda deserved whatever GoE+ he got tonight.

What great performances from the top 4! I'm a Daisuke fan but happy he came 3rd. I'm rather surprised with Chan's score- I expected him, going along with how the judges have been this season, to be given the 1st place.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oda should lead more? Huh? Since when 4-3 in SP should big lead 3-3? Since Vancouver?:sheesh:
    LOL Clearly the judging trend has changed quite a bit! And Oda's non-jump elements were first grade.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Since when 4-3 in SP should big lead 3-3? Since Vancouver?:sheesh:
    Yes, since Vancouver. That's why Chan has been attempting the quad, and Oda, who saw Chan received big credits for quad falls, tried out his quad today in the short as well. This is the new trend whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    LOL Clearly the judging trend has changed quite a bit! And Oda's non-jump elements were first grade.
    Some posters can't tell the difference and every thought they have is based on who their favorites are.
    Dai and Kozuka were not that sharp tonight - they can skate better. Those who love the posing, pelvic thrusts and ther finger forget that the jumps, spins and footwork are important too.

Oda was clearly the best tonight and Chan was rightfuly second.
    Wait for the LP - I would not be surprised if we see some changes in the top four.
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-10-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I like Dai too - just thought he was clearly outskated by Oda and Chan in the SP today.
    There is still the LP to come and I would not be surprised if Dai wins this event.

On the other hand, Oda was awesome today and I think his lead should be bigger.
    I have not watched Oda and Chan yet but Dai was not at his best today and looking at the scores he was outskated today. Dai is one of my favorite skaters but my fandom does not include rose colored glasses. Dai has been outskated in the past, no biggie for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I have not watched Oda and Chan yet but Dai was not at his best today and looking at the scores he was outskated today. Dai is one of my favorite skaters but my fandom does not include
    rose colored glasses. Dai has been outskated in the past, no biggie for me.
    Yeah, I love Daisuke's skating but he was definitely outskated tonight, at the very least tech-wise.

To be completely honest, I actually thought his score would've been a few points lower, given the big stumble on his footwork and the lack of a quad.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    To be completely honest, I actually thought his score would've been a few points lower, given the big stumble on his footwork and the lack of a quad.

That's all I was saying......Oda did not finish first only because of the 4+3, it was also his 3A and the other elements.
    He was really brilliant - a wonderful SP which deserved first.

Maybe Plushy can teach Oda the "finger trick" or he can study Joubert's pelvic thrust if that would make a few fans happy

Personally, I prefer good, clean skating. Like Kozuka's LP from TEB. No gimmicks or posing, just wonderful skating.

Banned
    I think black color of the Dai's costume is not the right choice. Too heavy for such music. And considering that he was slowerer today than usual, in that black costume he looked even much slowerer.

Kozuka was boring.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    This is the new trend whether you like it or not.
    It was just an observation, relax...

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Some posters can't tell the difference and every thought they have is based on who their favorites are.
    Those who love the posing, pelvic thrusts and ther finger forget that the jumps, spins and footwork are important too.
    I was talking about SP. What you imply, cause it is obvious that some goes to me is ridicullous and repetitive, I m bored already.
    I dont applaud pelvic thrusts and fingers, I can pretty tell the difference of what I see no matter if the skater is my fav on not, thank you very much, it is unfair to adress me like this, and contrary to you I dont change my opinion in every other post. So be careful what you write, you sound snobish and rude. Nobody has to apologise here for what he likes or not.
    Last edited by seniorita; 12-10-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Custom Title
    Daisuke has not performed well so far this season - 4th is about right if the men were mixed together like today. Chan, while clean, didn't land his quad very well whereas what he had previously landed were gorgeous. Oda has actually done very well and consistently this season, though he gave the SA gold away to Dais. With his quad combo, he's rightfully ahead. Actually, point wise, it doesn't matter to which jump the 3T is tacked on but a 4T/3T may have impressed the judges more.

Bring it on for the LP!
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 12-10-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast