Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

Alissa has now 5, count them 5, super skates in the international Grand Prix, why on earth does she have to prove herself a Worlds contender at non-international US Nats? If she wins this (possible) and 3rd place at US Nats, very sad.

It's the best Carolina I've seen since she beat out Kwan in 2004 Worlds.

Akiko was very good on all counts, but performance wise, she was not the Lady from Malaga.

Murikama just wouldn't get serious. All that bouncing gets tiresome after awhile.

Miki (not a big fan of mine) does not perform well, but she normally skates clean and can easily come from behind. Best jumper of all the Ladies in any comp.

Rachael is lucky that the Nats will decide whether she goes to Worlds. I could tell by the warm-up, she was not into it by skating first.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Elegance and beauty win today.

I've said Ladies' results all depend on which twins show up. Surprisingly, Miki has an evil twin too.
    Yea I think she just got back from vacation, flight was delayed but she just barely made it in time for the 3flip!

Hopefully Caro's and Alissa's are stranded at some airport... for the rest of the season!

I'm so happy for Alissa she is having a really nice season. I wish her a great long program!!!

Custom Title
    No, the ones whom skated *clean* win today, as it should be.

Miki & Rachael were off. When Miki skates clean with her 3/3s she will always win, but nobody can win against Yuna (or the old Mao). Rachael will never win unless she lands more jumps than her competitors, including a 3/3 combo. because she excels in the tech. component, not the presenation part, even though imho she does when it comes to interpretation.

Anyhow, I expect Rachael to withdraw, which she should've done from the beginning.

I won't watch the LPs, though I wish them all well, especially Alissa. I still don't want her on the World Team except if Rachael is too injured to compete (assuming Rachael makes the Team which seems iffy at this point), but I do wish her well, and I mean that.

GOOOOOOOOOO ALISSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    Yea I think she just got back from vacation, flight was delayed but she just barely made it in time for the 3flip!

Hopefully Caro's and Alissa's are stranded at some airport... for the rest of the season!
    Took me a second to realize you were referring to the evil twins. I thought you just hated Caro and a Alissa!

So funny to hear Alissa's motivation challenged and now the same poster is proclaiming her a lock for the Natl team. Wait for the LP before making such silly remarks - and remember Natls counts for more.

Anybody watching skating can see the coaching change has been good for Alissa and it is sort of disgusting to question her motivation......

Alissa, like the others does the best she can.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Anybody watching skating can see the coaching change has been good for Alissa.
    Indeed. She is no longer the Alissa two or three years ago skating so slow that I felt like having an urge to push her from behind. Her basic skating skills have improved significantly to my eye. With the faster speed, her jumps become more secure.
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 12-10-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Took me a second to realize you were referring to the evil twins. I thought you just hated Caro and a Alissa!
    lol oh God no. They're my favs.

Nadine why would Racheal withdraw. Is she injured? I know she had an injury at SA but I thought she was healed.

Custom Title
    I thought Akiko was under-scored today--I would've placed her above Kanako at least.

And at Alissa and Caro in the top 2 positions after the SP! Revenge of the Headcases, indeed.

If Rachael really came into the competition not in top form and perhaps under-prepared, it would have smarter to stay home. Being almost 20 points out of first is terrible for her.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I thought Akiko was under-scored today--I would've placed her above Kanako at least.

And at Alissa and Caro in the top 2 positions after the SP! Revenge of the Headcases, indeed.
    Kanako showed a 3x3 and a huge 3F. Her spins are not the best yet - but still a little better than Akiko.
    But I can see your point - I like Akiko - but feel her strength (when clean) is in the LP.

I am old fashioned and still think the tech should count for more in the SP.
    As to pcs - it is a matter of taste - with a heavy dose of Federation tugging.
    Kanako appears to be the new golden girl from Japan. I am sure it is helping her as we see how much this matters in CoP scoring.
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-10-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Alissa has now 5, count them 5, super skates in the international Grand Prix, why on earth does she have to prove herself a Worlds contender at non-international US Nats? If she wins this (possible) and 3rd place at US Nats, very sad.

It's the best Carolina I've seen since she beat out Kwan in 2004 Worlds.

Akiko was very good on all counts, but performance wise, she was not the Lady from Malaga.

Murikama just wouldn't get serious. All that bouncing gets tiresome after awhile.

Miki (not a big fan of mine) does not perform well, but she normally skates clean and can easily come from behind. Best jumper of all the Ladies in any comp.

Rachael is lucky that the Nats will decide whether she goes to Worlds. I could tell by the warm-up, she was not into it by skating first.
    Sorry to be so particular, but I think you mean 2005 worlds, when Carolina beat Michelle to the bronze medal. Michelle was 3rd to Carolina's 5th at 2004 worlds. And I think you also mean you are not a big fan of Miki, and not that she is not a big fan of you (who knows, if she reads the forum at goldenkate, she may very well be a huge fan of yours!)

Agree with your sentiments, Carolina looked great. She performs this music with much more gusto than Kimmie did back in 2008. I am also no big fan of the Kanako SP, it's a bit silly, but she has all the buzz right now and I think she's got a good chance of winning this, if Caro and Alissa stumble in the LP (as they have been known to do). I expect minor LP comebacks from Rachael and Miki, but I don't know if it will be enough to push them onto the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    lol oh God no. They're my favs.
    Mine too! And look we have the same avatar. We are obviously long-lost twins

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Indeed. She is no longer the Alissa two or three years ago skating so slow that I felt like having an urge to push her from behind. Her basic skating skills have improved significantly to my eye. With the faster speed, her jumps become more secure.
    This explains why I enjoyed (unexpectedly) Alissa so much tonight. I did use to appreciate her beautiful positions but otherwise I was like 'meh'

But tonight her skating had some sort of conviction and certainty. If it is skating skills it totally makes sense.

I enjoyed this segment tonight- Thank god after a very underwhelming ladies' events finally they're bringing the A games!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast