Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan

Down With It
    She led after the SP at US Nats, right? And then the FS was not exactly overwhelming. I think she has peaked in this competition and it's down from here on out.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post

Yey Alissa!!!!!!!!! I've only just now read in and I haven't even seen the programs but I'm thrilled for Alissa and for Caro. While they may not be perfect so far this season are showing why they are still in the game.

With Alissa, I'll take each good skate for her as they come and I'm not going to spend one minute debating or brooding over how she'll do tomorrow. Every time Alissa skates it's a gift for fans - especially when she is clean.
    Yes, if Alissa, Caro, and Akiko end up on the podium tomorrow in any order, I will be absolutely thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by cailou View Post
    What was Akiko's spin? hair cutter? Biellmann? looked strange.
    she's not, imo, a spinner. No sure what that layback is and her Bielman rotates almost one turn. bleh. But her speed is noteworthy and when she connects the jumps to the speed, it is super.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the youtube, Surfer- that was so lovely. I loved the look on her face when she was done- I'm proud of her.

I know she's fallen apart in the free so many times in the past; but she does seem faster and her technique seems better- fingers crossed. I just love watching her.

I like her interaction with Jason Dunjen in KnC. Jason seems to have a calming influence on Alissa and Jeremy both so that the bad twin stays in the closet when he's there. I noticed last year he was at the boards with Jeremy and that was probably the BEST skate ever at US Nationals by a man and then he bombed when it was just Yuka with him in Vancouver.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that while a couple years later than it should have been, that Alissa has found the right team.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Jason seems to have a calming influence on Alissa and Jeremy both so that the bad twin stays in the closet when he's there. I noticed last year he was at the boards with Jeremy and that was probably the BEST skate ever at US Nationals by a man and then he bombed when it was just Yuka with him in Vancouver.
    Uh, I dunno. Yuka was with Jeremy in Japan when he won silver and Jason was with him in Russia when he won bronze and had the unfortunate LP performance that took him out of the GPF. So far though, Alissa has showed her best skating results when Jason is present. All in all though, I think the moves to Yuka and Jason have worked out just fine for Jeremy and Alissa. I'm a fan of all 4 of them and they make a very attractive and talented team altogether.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 12-10-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    She led after the SP at US Nats, right? And then the FS was not exactly overwhelming. I think she has peaked in this competition and it's down from here on out.
    I'm worried about her skating last....but who knows, maybe she's finally overcome her demons.

I really like Kanako. I have no issue with a skater doing a cutesy program if she's 16 and can pull it off. The judges also seem to like upbeat programs a lot. I thought Kanako was fab - her layback spin is kinda weird but her jumps were huge and spot on. I think she'll win tomorrow

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I'm worried about her skating last....but who knows, maybe she's finally overcome her demons.
    In a way, tomorrow is a BIG test for Alyssa. She holds the lead in a semi-major comp...skates last...especially if other skaters have great LPs...pressure's on!

I like to say, once a headcase, always a headcase- but even if you're known as one, there may be that one time where it just works.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    In a way, tomorrow is a BIG test for Alyssa. She holds the lead in a semi-major comp...skates last...especially if other skaters have great LPs...pressure's on!

I like to say, once a headcase, always a headcase- but even if you're known as one, there may be that one time where it just works.
    Still, don't you think most skaters would prefer to be in first place rather than last place
    I recently read Mirai feels more comfortable being in second place - but she most definitely did not say she would rather be last

Custom Title
    So what are people thinking re Miki? Is she too far back to win, or even medal? 14 points off the leader, but only about 10 out of 3rd. That's a lot of points, but with Kostner and Czisny, and you never know what will happen.

Down With It
    So what are people thinking re Miki? Is she too far back to win, or even medal?
    No.

Custom Title
    I think if Miki hit and lands all of the jumps and spins like she has planned, she can medal.

Medalist
    I think Miki's new SP is a beauty and could be great if she manages to pull it together. It is a new one and her PCS went a lot higher. I got the sense that she actually enjoyed the music and felt it in her skating... All in all, major improvement to the earlier one

Custom Title
    So what are people thinking re Miki? Is she too far back to win, or even medal? 14 points off the leader, but only about 10 out of 3rd. That's a lot of points, but with Kostner and Czisny, and you never know what will happen.
    She could still medal IMO. Last year at worlds she was about ten points behind in the SP, and ended the competition with less than a point from Lepisto (bronze), and she has come from behind other times.
    Then, though, I hope that Caro and Alissa hold on the podium, they're quite impredictable, so anything can still happen IMO.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast