Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pairs Short Program

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Pang/Tong (CHN)

Does anyone know why they have switched the SP back to the "Pearl Fishers"? They didn't like the other program?

3T - nice
    3LzTw - great height
    3LoTh - good
    FCCoSp - ok sync, except when transtion to sit
    lift
    SlSt
    BiDs

Score: 68.63

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Savchenko/Szolkowy (GER)

3FTh - enormous
    3LzTw - nice
    3T - also nice
    lift
    BiDs
    SlSt
    FCCoSp - good sync

Score: 74.40

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    YAY Aliona & Robin! When they are at their best, they are easily the top pairs team in the world! It's so sad that they had so many errors last season and allowed some other teams to pass them by. I'm so happy to see them back on track right now!

Custom Title
    But OTOH, it's not like they have any competition (except from P/T.) Both GP assignments were really light on the competition for them and it is in China as well. As soon as the other teams get healthy and the other teams can compete. Aliona and Robin will have better competition.

I hate Aliona's new costume!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    But OTOH, it's not like they have any competition (except from P/T.) Both GP assignments were really light on the competition for them and it is in China as well. As soon as the other teams get healthy and the other teams can compete. Aliona and Robin will have better competition.

I hate Aliona's new costume!
    I am not sure whom exactly you are referring to but Pang & Tong are the Germans toughest competition of any current teams even if all were there, and they skated well and were easily beaten by the Germans. I am not sure whom you are imagining would give them more competition. Dube & Davison? Please. Volosozhar & Trankov? In their first year out they will be happy just to make the deep Russian team. Zhang & Zhang? They will be lucky if they come back even as the #2 Chinese team any longer.

The only other possibilities are Kavaguti & Smirnov. However they have not shown the consistency to win a major title yet, and even skating their best they would not beat the Germans skating cleanly.

All the pairs skated really well! No falls, except for Dylan Moscovitch's splat in the middle of skating.. but at least no falls on jumps or throws.

I'm glad P&T changed their SP. I wasn't feeling the other one. S&S were awesome, but I don't like Aliona's new costume. It's kind of a bit revealing, imo. I wondered why she was wearing her team jacket during the warm-up, and then I realized.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Aliona was wearing a great red dress in TEB, it was beautiful, this is just ok I dont know why she changed it. I love their program, and today they skated it perfectly. I think they will rock the house with pink panther tommorow! I also like I/M a lot, more than B/L, I hope they wont be lost in the field of russian pairs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2