Adelina SOTNIKOVA Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adelina SOTNIKOVA Thread

Lucky Star

Final Flight
First, thanks for the translation.

But I don´t know what to think about that commentary.
There is no way. Adelina will go through puberty. She will get the body of a woman, eventually grow more and of course gain weight. The only things that help are training, good heigh in the jumps and very good technique. To try not to gain weight over the next years - sorry, but I think that this is not possible and especially not healthy ...

It's not about not to gain weight at all, it's about not to gain extra weight, wich often happens with the girls when they are going through puberty. And Adelina is an athlete, most athletes control their weight by eating healthy food and diets, it's not new or unhealthy

silverlake22

Record Breaker
First, thanks for the translation.

But I don´t know what to think about that commentary.
There is no way. Adelina will go through puberty. She will get the body of a woman, eventually grow more and of course gain weight. The only things that help are training, good heigh in the jumps and very good technique. To try not to gain weight over the next years - sorry, but I think that this is not possible and especially not healthy ...

I don't think it was meant this way. Of course Adelina's body will change but where she recently shot up in height, the weight gain will likely come soon, and she knows this and is following a strict and healthy diet so as to not gain more weight than necessary. Girls in their teens often pack on the extra pounds due to stress, not enough sleep, lots of junk food, etc and likely both she and her coach know this, that is why her coach worries and that is why Adelina is careful about what she eats.

christinaskater

Medalist
http://www.youtube.com/user/LenaElika#p/u/13/ScHLHx8AMpw

Adelina just delivered another immaculate performance at the Russian Nationals! A sensational masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The seniors are so lucky she has another year as a junior! She is amazing!

Her LP is the BEST LP along with Mao this year! Senior world champion worthy already at 14, so much potential!

Definitely one of the Olympic gold medal contenders in SOCHI! If Yu-Na or Mao decide to skate , it's going to be one sensational battle for Olympic glory!

I think Adelina is one of those skaters who has it all! The perfect, all-around skater with no weakness!

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Adelina is indeed an impressive junior. :) She'll hope to get away from the puberty monster because that might mess up her jumps. And most worryingly, she will need to fix her flutz and hopefully at an early age. The callers need to pick up on that so that she doesn't have the same problem Mao is facing at the moment.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Adelina isn't even close to the level of Mao Asada at that age. Her triple triple has almost no flow coming out. If you look at the 3x3 quality, Mao was much more impressive. Look at Mao now, she doesn't have the 3loop combo anymore. I don't see Adelina retaining the 3loop combo past puberty. Even jumping bean Miki Ando no longer have the 3loop combo ratified.
She's impressive, but there have been more impressive juniors. She is no way a threat to the current senior ladies. If they skate back to back, her PCS will drop like a rock.
If someone has a major flaw in her skating, how's that a perfect all around skater?

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I think Adelina has her own style... but there are some echoes of Mao's style primarily due to Tat's choreography. I think she is doing very well as a junior but she does have some things to work on. I really like her extensions but I would like to see smoother transitions between elements and for her to not look as if she's hurrying from element to element. Yes, she must work on fixing her flutz and also getting better height on her jumps. It will be interesting to see how she grows as a skater in the next few years and her rivalry with Liza could be quite intriguing.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I don't think jump height is an issue.

Definetely not. Her jumps have wonderful height and flow.
And we've heard it so many times since she won her first Nationals two years ago, and after last season everybody was writing her off, but look, she is here, she is even better than before and still has her jumps.
About PCS... You know, Kanako's PCS didn't drop when she went seniors, why it should be different with Adelina?
And if she is not an all around skater then who is?.. Everyone have their issues. Yuna didn't do her loop last season, Mao struggled with almost all of her jumps and she also has flutz, so according FlattFan they are not all around skaters... So who is? Maybe the American girls who simply can't rotate their jumps or lack speed or PCS and also have edge calls are all around skaters?..
What makes you so mad, FlattFan? Your favorite skaters are in danger?..
BTW, Adelina can do not only 3Lo as the second jump, but 3T as well

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Maybe the American girls who simply can't rotate their jumps or lack speed or PCS and also have edge calls are all around skaters?..
If a girl has a major issue, she can't be an all around skater. When did I ever say the American girls are all around? What's your problem? :rolleye:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Midori was. Michelle was. At one point or another, Yuna and Mao were.
Adelina is an overhyped junior. Wait and see if she can rotate her combo in the future. If you're her family, well, continue to drink that koolaid.

oleada

Record Breaker
What makes you so mad, FlattFan? Your favorite skaters are in danger?..
BTW, Adelina can do not only 3Lo as the second jump, but 3T as well

This is the same person who said he couldn't see anything good in any of Flatt's rivals, so he is best ignored.

Anyway, I think Adelina definitely has the potential to be an all around skater. She's got the jumps. Two years ago, they were much smaller and the rotation on the 2A+3T was barely squeaked out; now it's one of the best in the world (have you seen the height and distance she gets on that move?). She has the basics and she has the musicality, extension, flexibility and grace. For me, the thing she needs to work on, aside from the flutz, are a bit more expression and more complex choreography. But she is so young, there is time to work on that. I think that if she can keep the jumps, she has a great future.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Midori was. Michelle was. At one point or another, Yuna and Mao were.
Adelina is an overhyped junior. Wait and see if she can rotate her combo in the future. If you're her family, well, continue to drink that koolaid.

Midori and Michelle were 6.0 skaters. It's different eras and we can't compare them with nowdays skaters. They didn't have to do difficult spins and steps girls are doing now. BTW, the hardest combo Michelle ever did was 3T-3T :rolleye:
Yuna struggled with her 3Lo and sometimes 3S and never had Adelina's spins and extension, not even close. Mao's jump technique never was good enough to call her an all around skater at this point. Though I like these skaters a lot and I think they are great.
Adelina is not just an overhyped junior, she is one of the best juniors ever and the judges think so too.

miki88

Medalist
Okay guys. Every skater has their share of weaknesses and strengths. I think all of the past skaters mentioned are all-around skaters because they wouldn't have accomplished so much without being one. I do think Adelina has the potential to develop into a great all-around skater.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is the same person who said he couldn't see anything good in any of Flatt's rivals, so he is best ignored.

Anyway, I think Adelina definitely has the potential to be an all around skater. She's got the jumps. Two years ago, they were much smaller and the rotation on the 2A+3T was barely squeaked out; now it's one of the best in the world (have you seen the height and distance she gets on that move?). She has the basics and she has the musicality, extension, flexibility and grace. For me, the thing she needs to work on, aside from the flutz, are a bit more expression and more complex choreography. But she is so young, there is time to work on that. I think that if she can keep the jumps, she has a great future.

You also can't ignore that Adelina has the second highest season's best score. I know you can't compare competitions, but the fact that Adelina is on that list as a junior says a lot. I think that her flutz is a major issue, but she is young and she's getting called on it enough where I believe her team will work on it.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Midori and Michelle were 6.0 skaters. It's different eras and we can't compare them with nowdays skaters. They didn't have to do difficult spins and steps girls are doing now. BTW, the hardest combo Michelle ever did was 3T-3T :rolleye:
Yuna struggled with her 3Lo and sometimes 3S and never had Adelina's spins and extension, not even close. Mao's jump technique never was good enough to call her an all around skater at this point. Though I like these skaters a lot and I think they are great.
Adelina is not just an overhyped junior, she is one of the best juniors ever and the judges think so too.

I said at times
All around means good all around, no glaring flaw. Michelle didn't have a harder 3x3 combo, but she did enough 7 triples LP with commanding presentation to be called an all around skater. Same with Midori.

Mao at Adelina age was a much better skater. Her triple triple had great height and flow. Look at her 3x3 now. Oh wait, no more 3x3. Adelina's 3x3 came to a complete stop. She's still a junior. She probably will not be able to rotate that 3loop combo in the future. She's also flutzing. Did I say she's a terrible skater? I just thought it was odd to claim a kid to be an all around when her you know what are still mosquito-bite size. :biggrin: