Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Free Skate - 12/11

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yep me too. But this program still is blah to me. As someone said earlier, he just kinda skates through the music.
    What are you talking about, that's 9.00-type IN right there according to the judges!!

[SIZE="1"]Maybe the judges just mistook "IN" for "SS." That would make a lot more sense.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by evangeline; 12-11-2010 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    What are you talking about, that's 9.00-type IN right there according to the judges!!
    LOL.

Looking at hte protocals, it does seem Chan has a wider spread in PCS

SS - 7.75 to 9.25
    Transitions - 7.25 to 9
    Performance 7 to 9
    Choreography 8 to 9.25
    Interpt - 8.25 to 9.

Overall they're still high, but it's interesting that some of the judges don't quite buy the "Patrick Chan has skating skills give him high PCS" kool aid. Still is he really 10 points better in PCS than Kozuka? I will grant them five, but 10 seems a bit excessive.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I woke up late and only caught from Dai forward. But Patrick seemed to be skating very well and nice to see him win without a judging controversy.
    In the K&C I thought I heard him in upbeat tone say "they didn't downgrade that quad". I think his coach replied "I think there's been some discussion"

Custom Title
    At least, this time Patrick was the clear winner. I do find his score to be a joke when you compare his program with Takahashi's program from 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    At least, this time Patrick was the clear winner. I do find his score to be a joke when you compare his program with Takahashi's program from 2008.
    Or heck when you compare it to his WC performance earlier this year. It's scary that he was thisclose to breaking a LP record. As someone said it was nowhere near Kozuka's TEB skate and he beat that!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Well, to be fair, score inflation has been the norm for the past few seasons.

But I want to know who the judge in the first column is! That judge has balls, giving 7s to Patrick

Tripping on the Podium wxyz1234533's Avatar
    I think there was only one judge who gave Chan low PCS scores. (the first one)
    PCS scores from other judges were kind of even.

But I want to know who the judge in the first column is! That judge has balls, giving 7s to Patrick
    Ah well he or she balance out the one that gave him all 9s!

^^^
    I agree, Patrick was blah but so was everyone else. Even Florent with his bumps and grinds didn't get to me. It was Oda's to lose and he did. A clean program continues to elude Tomas. Takahiko was just so weariess. I hope Dai was skating with an injury because if not he just laid down 2 poor routines. No one exploded into greatness.

It seemed to me that all the boys had jump landing troubles. That's bad because the jump landings are a selling point.

There's a lot of work ahead of them if they intend to be competitive at Worlds. We have not seen others in the fierce battle: Joubert; Contesti; Brezina, Abbott.

The Quad won't win a competition but it is a staple in Men's competition. clean jump landings are a must too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    In the K&C I thought I heard him in upbeat tone say "they didn't downgrade that quad". I think his coach replied "I think there's been some discussion"
    "I think there's been some discussion" was probably referring to the controversial downgrade for the quad in his short program. According to the discussion board of International Skating Union, some people reviewed the jump in slow motion multiple times and believed it should have been called otherwise. Anyway, it was probably on the borderline. Given that, it is understandable that Patrick would feel extra happy that "they didn't downgrade that quad".

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    From all the japanese Dai out of podium, I would never have guessed it. Evangeline count me in for the goat party at Worlds.

well deserved win for Chan, I think this was his best skate of the season so far, but he could have won with less score for sure, he put his hands down (in axel?)and doubled his salcow, his toe was tight in landing, I dont get much of his own personality (thats subjective) in the choreo, I see the busy choreo jus and someone rushing through it to complete it, and by that he reached Takahashi's world record in Lp that was a great performance back then, I would think with this score the skate must have been great and inspiring if anything else. I m trying to be objective but after this score Oda could never have won even with the quad landed. I think Chan and not Dai is the new dominant figure, if he doesnt mess bad he wins. Ah well I wouldnt mind that if I enjoyed him more!
    The rest needed to skate 150% perfect, I will never think Takahashi is overscored, his marks were fine and they get to earth if he is not that good, he messed and came last in fs..
    Takahiko medaled at least, what a skater

Custom Title

And to be fair it also seems to be the trend that judge at this event love to let winner win by large margin(Donbush for example), not only apllied to Chan.

take off the oven mitts
    from a dai fan, chan is amazing. looks like he covered the ice in 4 strokes. still want to see this program clean. he made me like phantom (or was that davis and white last season?).

i hope dai is ok. i'm worried about his health. just hope he skates a program he's happy with at worlds in japan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    i hope dai is ok. i'm worried about his health. just hope he skates a program he's happy with at worlds in japan.
    Yeah, Daisuke looked pretty tired out there in the LP today...hopefully it wasn't because of the collision!

But I'm sure that Daisuke will finish the season as strongly as he did last year....he bombed the GPF last year too, didn't he?

Custom Title
    Patrick really deserved this win but...THAT SCORE??? 87 (!!!!!!) for PCS for that program??? more than lambiel???? NO WAY!!
    Heartbroken for Daisuke :(

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast