Ladies Free Skate - 12/11 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate - 12/11

Andalusia

Final Flight
The rest are not important to me.

Lol, my thoughts exactly. Right now I care very little about the rest...the most important thing to note is that Alissa is finally GPF CHAMPION!

I don't normally get as fangirly as this, but considering that it's Alissa Czisny (headcase of the century) we're dealing with here, I think it's warranted. ;)

fairly4

Medalist
congratulations to all
if you want to watch it R.d and if you have purchase the Universal Sportline gp event online you can watch the whole thing on summary.

janetfan

Match Penalty
RD may have to sit down and take a couple of apirins before he can watch Alissa skate so well ;)

Just kidding :laugh:

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Glad Alissa added the 2nd Lutz back versus the Flip which she gets a edge call once in a while.

I think she'll get this done by Nationals, but that Last solo T.Toe needs to be a T.Toe-d.toe-d.toe combo.

Gotta milk every single point. Granted Kostner does not have the most difficult program, she is crafty in her program layout. Making sure both the axles are in the up front and both Triple Loops are in the 2nd half. And ending the program with a Triple Sal-d.toe-d.toe is a nice point builder.

She has little wiggle room to make mistakes versus an Ando program, however when she manages to stay on her feet, she can compete with the rest of the pack. Korpi versus Kostner should be interesting at Euro's.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
CONGRATS to Alissa, well done! I am so happy for her. Her Star was shining in Beijing.

Very nice podium indeed.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Whoa, I just read where I left off hours ago when I went to catch some shut eye.

I see the same #(@#$ still getting on Rachael's case as usual. Always a catch-22 with her, eh. ;) She has the same severe tendonitis condition as Sasha Cohen had last season, which had Sasha withdrawing from SA, et al because of it, but, no, as usual Rachael doesn't catch a break from her #1 detractor. She's damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.

Why can't people just enjoy Alissa's victory without putting down others, Rachael in particular has always been a good punching bag for some on here.

Good for Alissa, but man this season has been totally whacked. I truly do miss the old days. I just wish one skater would completely capture my attention to the point of Henie/Baiul/Hughes, and of course Evgeni. Still hanging on by a thread, Kevin Reynolds at SC, and Rachael at SA.

Here's hoping Nationals isn't a splatfest, and some newcomers rise to the occasion. I wish we had some of those wonderful Russian phenoms I've been reading about. Oh well, enjoy the moment.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALISSA!!!!!!!!! :party:

katymay

Medalist
Rachel and the ladies from Nippon

p.s. Rachael should take note of the Japanese skaters. Not only did Miki lose weight & transform herself, but also Akiko did as well, and look how great they are doing on the international circuit. I think this is a wake up call for Rachael to lose weight, get cut like Joannie Rochette, Akiko, et al have done. If they can do it so can Rachael.

713.72 1st place for Akiko! :)

I was going to post on this before, but it is a sensitive issue, and my last post on the subject warranted a "warning". There is a big purple elephant in the room, and I guess we are all going to pretend it doesn't exist-especially in Japan. Watching Mao last week, I wanted to cry. Mao's muscles have disappeared-becaue MAO has disappeared. She has no strength or energy, might one guess WHY? And Mao is not the only representative of Japan who has taken this road.
So as far as Rachel: I like her just the way she is, thank you very much. I think the skaters from Japan are a far bigger tragedy, and I wonder when and if the issue is ever going to be properly addressed. We said nothing about Midori Ito when she disappeared, and it seems that nothing ever changes.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ok I just watched Czisny's FS on Universal's site. It wasn't COMPLETELY clean- a stumble on the 2A, but thanks to her SP it was enough for the win. Good for her. And personally, glad to FINALLY see a US lady triumph over some of these other skaters.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yeah, I know Akiko had anorexia in the past, but from all accounts she is okay now, right? And I too recall Midori Ito, but I thought that was because of the flu?

Mao I don't see a problem, she's always been long-limbed & naturally slim since I can remember, that is when she won the GPF to now. I see no eating disorder.

And Joannie Rochette looks "cut", no eating disorder there, I would rather Rachael take this route to be honest. Also, Angelina Nikodinov lost weight and totally transformed herself, so losing weight doesn't automatically mean *eating disorder/anorexia*. This is sport after all, even Tonya Harding knew when she lost weight her jumps were right on!

Jmho, of course.

Nadine

Record Breaker
p.s. and OMG, how could I forget Sasha Cohen showing up at 2010 US Nationals and looking like that!!!! :eek: :thumbsup:

Now that's the definition of C-U-T. She could've honestly entered a body building competition and won! That's how phenomenal/fantastic she looked! I still can't get over it. She could give Joannie Rochette & Denise Biellmann together a run for their money. My bet's on Sasha. I wish one of the American ladies would take this route and show up at Nationals like that. Whoa!

seniorita

Record Breaker
there is a thin line between losing weight and almost die like Akiko, so I wouldnt advice anyone to follow her road. And Miki is unnatural thin since last season, if you go back and watch her 2007 worlds she had a woman body and now she has an anorexik one. Rachel doesnt have a good body type for the cruel little dresses of figure skating that Mao and Yuna look so good in, but she is rather small in reality and doesnt need to lose weight.If they try to lose more weight than their body permits they will lose muscle mass, Yagudin had gotten worst on his jumps with the crazy thought one season to lose weight and had no strenght. Also injuries happen more this way.Yuna and Mao are not the usual slim girl you see on the street, they are ultra thin(i think Yuna now added a kilo or something which is better)

I forgot, I m the last person on earth to be Flatt's fan but this forum writes off or rises skaters too quickly and the opposite, one month before that she managed to qualify she was not that terrible, neither her team, and Czisny was not the ice queen either in comments. It is just a competition and she had 2 bad skates.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
p.s. and OMG, how could I forget Sasha Cohen showing up at 2010 US Nationals and looking like that!!!! :eek: :thumbsup:

Really? She looked stick-thin to me. She just didn't seem strong enough overall, even though there was muscle on what little frame she did have.

lavender

Record Breaker
Great for Alissa.:) Happy for her. Always liked her and if she won that season where people really started to take notice of her I probably would have been so excited for her. I don't know what it is but I hardly care about the ladies results this season. It's like I would be happy with the results no matter except maybe Rachel (sorry). I guess because things aren't that great this season and I think anyone could win this title.

I also agree with whoever said that Mao usually brings it at Nationals. I think she will either skate awesome and perhaps win or totally bomb leaving her off the team.

Great for Miki winning the long. Miki is the most consistent in the long prg and can win over this field if she can do better in her short. Now she knows that the short is definitely keeping her back. She was able to jump over weaker field throughout the gp season but not with what the judges think are the top skaters all together in one competition.

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

Now that's the definition of C-U-T. She could've honestly entered a body building competition and won! That's how phenomenal/fantastic she looked! I still can't get over it. She could give Joannie Rochette & Denise Biellmann together a run for their money. My bet's on Sasha. I wish one of the American ladies would take this route and show up at Nationals like that. Whoa!

Big :disagree: to your comment. Un-friggin-believable. Sasha looked scary horrible to me, way too thin, and she's naturally a toothpick on the fattest day she ever had. Terrible model to follow. I agree there are entirely too many comments floating on this board about Rachael needing to trim down--that is NOT where Rachael's current issues lie. And if she reads these boards and sees these comments, I hope she uses the brain and intellect that Stanford is expecting to arrive at their doorstep, has a good laugh on us, and proceeds to ignore anybody making said comments. After seeing her earlier today LIVE at GPF final, she is NOT BIG at all and she isn't carrying around a tub of lard anywhere on her body.

I'd rather see an elite skater walk away from the sport for good rather than put their health at risk, whether due to weight control issues or due to back/hip/knee/foot or other problems.

Last edited:

missysays

On the Ice
To me Alissa's little sob/smile of joy that she gives during the final pose of her program says it all.

How wonderful for her to have this moment. She's one of those skaters where you can literally feel the crowd willing her to stay on her feet so when she does it's such a beautiful release for everyone.

Good job for her to come back from last season's disappointments.

lavender

Record Breaker
Someone wants people to show up looking like Sasha did at 2010 Nationals??? That was the thinnest that I've ever seen her. It was almost alarming. No wonder she didn't have the strength for those jumps in a long program.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I'm happy Alissa won. It was the first time a U.S. lady made the GPF podium since 2003, or won since 2002.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Alissa's performance was not even close to clean. Not only did she stumbled out of the double axel, but her triple flip was downgraded, and her triple toe was repeated without a combo so was counted as a sequence and lost points. She also did not do 3 jump combos or a 3 jump combo. She didnt even win the long program phase.