Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate - 12/11

Custom Title
    To me Alissa's little sob/smile of joy that she gives during the final pose of her program says it all.

How wonderful for her to have this moment. She's one of those skaters where you can literally feel the crowd willing her to stay on her feet so when she does it's such a beautiful release for everyone.

Good job for her to come back from last season's disappointments.

Custom Title
    Someone wants people to show up looking like Sasha did at 2010 Nationals??? That was the thinnest that I've ever seen her. It was almost alarming. No wonder she didn't have the strength for those jumps in a long program.

Custom Title
    I'm happy Alissa won. It was the first time a U.S. lady made the GPF podium since 2003, or won since 2002.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    RD may have to sit down and take a couple of apirins before he can watch Alissa skate so well

Just kidding
    You are so funny, and I like it. Happy for Alissa. Hope she will do well at World.

Custom Title
    Alissa's performance was not even close to clean. Not only did she stumbled out of the double axel, but her triple flip was downgraded, and her triple toe was repeated without a combo so was counted as a sequence and lost points. She also did not do 3 jump combos or a 3 jump combo. She didnt even win the long program phase.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Alissa's performance was not even close to clean. Not only did she stumbled out of the double axel, but her triple flip was downgraded, and her triple toe was repeated without a combo so was counted as a sequence and lost points. She also did not do 3 jump combos or a 3 jump combo. She didnt even win the long program phase.
    That's even better. She still has room for improvement and her scores can potentially go even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    That's even better. She still has room for improvement and her scores can potentially go even higher.
    You know that is very true. I enjoyed Aliss'as beautiful skating - but the truth is she can still skate much better.
    It is coming and when it does the others better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Yea I tried to see what score she could approximately max-out in the LP and if you take away the mistakes and replace them with what was supposed to be done, she has a 122+ LP on her hands. I think 64+ might be the max she could get with a clean SP (in international events that is)...so we are looking at a possible total overall score potential of 186+. That could be a stretch for many skating fans to contemplate but Czisny has at least shown that she IS capable of great scores, and with only 6 points off of that, its just putting it to the ice that stands in her way...but what a great step in the right direction.

Custom Title
    Okay, so I just watched Czisny's skate, and goodness me, that was gorgeous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    Yea I tried to see what score she could approximately max-out in the LP and if you take away the mistakes and replace them with what was supposed to be done, she has a 122+ LP on her hands. I think 64+ might be the max she could get with a clean SP (in international events that is)...so we are looking at a possible total overall score potential of 186+. That could be a stretch for many skating fans to contemplate but Czisny has at least shown that she IS capable of great scores, and with only 6 points off of that, its just putting it to the ice that stands in her way...but what a great step in the right direction.
    And if she managed that probably the only one who would beat her this year is Yu Na Kim.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I am SO HAPPY Alissa won!!!!!

It would be hilarious (hilariously awesome?) if Alissa went to Worlds and won, after coming 10th at Nationals last year

Custom Title
    blue_idealist, I'm sorry I didn't send you the memo, but Alissa will be medalling at Worlds this year. I said at the beginning of the season that this would be her Wylie year and she agrees.

Tripping on the Podium
    I am still smiling about Alissa. This is the lovliest thing I've seen since I last watched Michelle skate.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    blue_idealist, I'm sorry I didn't send you the memo, but Alissa will be medalling at Worlds this year. I said at the beginning of the season that this would be her Wylie year and she agrees.
    Wow now we're getting grand, aren't we? Although it would be great if it DID happen...

She has to make it first. Nagasu & Flatt will be chasing her down. Wagner too. Nothing's a done deal...

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast