Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 308

Thread: Ladies Free Skate - 12/11

  1. #256
    mmmmm....Donut spin :) Kimmie Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily.Grace View Post
    And about Alissa, she's a beautiful skater, but I don't really like her programmes, they do not bring a theme or a story on the ice, she's just trying to be elegant and graceful, that's it, so that's why I can never remember her programmes...:(
    She is not trying, she IS elegant and graceful.
    Big difference!

  2. #257
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Trying to be elegant and graceful? We should all try with such success. You may not warm to Alissa's skating--to each his/her own--but there's very little to argue in terms of its grace and elegance.

  3. #258
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yuna and Alissa have always been stick thin. Shizuka, Miki, Akiko, and even Mao haven't. That is the difference. Also, Yuna and Alissa have visible muscles, they have biceps and quads, which Mao and Miki don't have. Alissa also has a very small frame, but Mao and Miki are bigger boned. Yuna and Alissa have filled out since they were 16, Mao and Miki have gotten thinner since they were 16....
    It´s not true, Yuna is not naturally so thin, when she is competing she looks really thin, then when she is off season she gain weight and looks just normal, she said it, she had a very strict diet. You can´t compare to Mao, because she is competing now, but when she was off season she gained weight too. But it´s true, When I saw her in the last competition I was scared, because she suppodsly has a nutricionist, and that a proffesional let it is just werid, but is just Mao is too much hard working. Like she saying "ok if I did´t well is not for my weight, a thing less", but I bet you that in the moment that Mao learn that she can´t train too much like before, for the lack of stamina, she will gain weight again, because it´s the most important thing for her.

    And yes, Miki and mainly Shizuka are anorexic, is a fact. You know that disease is contagious.
    Last edited by chapis; 12-12-2010 at 08:45 PM.

  4. #259
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    It´s not true, Yuna is not naturally so thin, when she is competing she looks really thin, then when she is off season she gain weight and looks just normal, she said it, she had a very strict diet. You can´t compare to Mao, because she is competing now, but when she was off season she gained weight too. But it´s true, When I saw her in the last competition I was scared, because she suppodsly has a nutricionist, and that a proffesional let it is just werid, but is just Mao is too much hard working. Like she saying "ok if I did´t well is not for my weight, a thing less", but I bet you that in the moment that Mao learn that she can´t train too much like before, for the lack of stamina, she will gain weight again, because it´s the most important thing for her.

    And yes, Miki and mainly Shizuka are anorexic, is a fact. You know that disease is contagious.
    Miki has talked about having distorted eating habits before, I don't know if i'd go so far as to say she is full-fledged anorexic (I don't think she could be skating as well as she is if she was) but she maybe isn't being as healthy about her weight loss as she could be. As for Mao, I remember she said that she finds it childish that she has a large appetite - that sounds concerning to me but if she has a nutritionist then maybe she is being healthy. I know last year though the losing weight to rotate the 3a thing sounded fishy - shouldn't she work on getting more power in the jump instead? Shizuka isn't skating anymore so maybe she is so thin because she's lost muscle, but I don't know, she didn't used to be nearly as thin as she is now. I hope the Japanese women are being healthy about their eating and training habits.

  5. #260
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Shizuka isn't skating anymore so maybe she is so thin because she's lost muscle, but I don't know, she didn't used to be nearly as thin as she is now. I hope the Japanese women are being healthy about their eating and training habits.
    Has Shizuka retired? I thought she was still skating

    The last few times I saw her she was skating great and still had impressive looking jumps.

  6. #261
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Has Shizuka retired? I thought she was still skating

    The last few times I saw her she was skating great and still had impressive looking jumps.
    Well, she's not competing anymore. She still skates in the occasional show, though.

  7. #262
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    i was so happy for alissa. Cried when she started to giggle at the end. Finally! hopefully this will get her in the rght frame of mind. Hope the media and fqns dont crush her with pressure. Let her bask in the moment and train for nationals without spooking her. What an underdog moment!!!

  8. #263
    Medalist Lily.Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    http://ayamesakura61.deviantart.com/
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Trying to be elegant and graceful? We should all try with such success. You may not warm to Alissa's skating--to each his/her own--but there's very little to argue in terms of its grace and elegance.
    Yeah yeah I agree, she is very elegant and her dresses are gorgeous, but I personally don't like her programmes, that's it, especially her LP. What I wanted to say was that I would like to see her skate to other kinds of music too, maybe some Saint-Saens, Debussy, Prokofiev or Schumann, not necessarily tango or whatever... But I think it's just the beginning for her, her career is going to bloom now, and this is so exciting.

  9. #264
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily.Grace View Post
    Yeah yeah I agree, she is very elegant and her dresses are gorgeous, but I personally don't like her programmes, that's it, especially her LP.
    I disagree. I watched her performance on TV again yesterday, and loved it. The program is beautifully choreographed to the music. Exquisite. I think you or another poster said that you would prefer a story. I love a good story too, but I found this to be more sophisticated and subtle. It showcased Alissa's musicality as well as her grace and elegance. I was laughing at myself for being nervous when she skated, even though I'd watched it live and knew she'd won. Force of habit. I'm thrilled for Alissa and can't wait to see her skate even better in the future.

  10. #265
    Medalist Lily.Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    http://ayamesakura61.deviantart.com/
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by mganders View Post
    I disagree. I watched her performance on TV again yesterday, and loved it. The program is beautifully choreographed to the music. Exquisite. I think you or another poster said that you would prefer a story. I love a good story too, but I found this to be more sophisticated and subtle. It showcased Alissa's musicality as well as her grace and elegance. I was laughing at myself for being nervous when she skated, even though I'd watched it live and knew she'd won. Force of habit. I'm thrilled for Alissa and can't wait to see her skate even better in the future.
    Yes I'm sure it's a turning point for her career, I had never seen her skate that good.
    Her victory here was so unexpected!
    Ah well if you like it then great.

  11. #266
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    96
    I love Czisny because she is one of the few that can make elegance work without looking "fake". If there's a skater that doesn't need to try to be graceful its her (right up along side Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen). She's also one of the few that doesn't go "robot" the moment a major mistake is made . So many skaters are elegant up to the point where they screw up a jump and then the rest of the performance turns 3x stiffer and the musical connections completely disappear. The 8 rotations for a level thing is ruining her spins though :(

    I also loved Carolina's program. Maybe its because of the lower difficulty but her performance is so much better this season <3

    Akiko and Kanako both have FIRE. Very interesting to watch and provide some contrast to Czisny's style . I like the fact that the Japanese ladies have such variety of skaters. Also liked Miki's performance, considering how the technical standards have dropped this season.

    The ladies GPF was amazing IMO, in comparison to the men and pairs.

    I wish Flatt would get back her consistency though. The US nationals would be boring to watch if otherwise. Mirai and Caroline are also not consistent this season :(.

  12. #267
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    i was so happy for alissa. Cried when she started to giggle at the end. Finally! hopefully this will get her in the rght frame of mind. Hope the media and fqns dont crush her with pressure. Let her bask in the moment and train for nationals without spooking her. What an underdog moment!!!

    Well, with success comes expectations and pressure...it's part of sport and you MUST learn to deal with it if you want to be great. So no need to feel bad for her if it happens.

  13. #268
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    I'm going to agree that Sasha didn't have the technique that Michelle had.

  14. #269
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily.Grace View Post
    Yeah yeah I agree, she is very elegant and her dresses are gorgeous, but I personally don't like her programmes, that's it, especially her LP. What I wanted to say was that I would like to see her skate to other kinds of music too, maybe some Saint-Saens, Debussy, Prokofiev or Schumann, not necessarily tango or whatever... But I think it's just the beginning for her, her career is going to bloom now, and this is so exciting.
    Figure skating truly brings out such a wide array of tastes and opinions. IMO, Czisny's LP this season is the best program, short or long, of her entire career. I love how serene and unique the music is to skating; I think it has beautiful accents. Her LP is one of the few ladies' programs this season that have shown soul.

  15. #270
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Trying to be elegant and graceful? We should all try with such success. You may not warm to Alissa's skating--to each his/her own--but there's very little to argue in terms of its grace and elegance.
    I was not warmed to her Lp also but it was very touching she won and her smile at the end was priceless, it was really nice to see this and she was the best in the competition. It is just a matter of taste as I also never see Yuna as such elegant and graceful as I m told she is, although I like her very much. I find Mirai and Mao what i would call naturally elegan and graceful without trying (Mao's worlds 2007 sp has been my all time favorite to highlight this) , and it has not to do with the music or moves, probably it is their posture and whole aura, even when they skate to powerful and not so soft music.
    Last edited by seniorita; 12-13-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •