Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate - 12/11

mylastduchess
    Take that all Alissa and Caro pessimists

Custom Title
    Well well well.....

Mark my words of doom and gloom wrong, and happily so!

I'm glad that Alissa and Caro seem to be overcoming their headcase demons at long last...

Alissa for 2011 World Champion?

So happy for Alissa, nice to see her hard work and dedication pay off with a nice win today.

Custom Title
    Alissa wins!!! Nicely done.

The podium is so close.

Custom Title
    Caro was almost crying when she saw her marks, and that she was currently the leader. Such a nice comeback from her!

Thank you Alissa from preventing having a GPF champion who skates a FS program circa 1988 Worlds.
    Carolina should have been lower than all three Japanese skaters and I believe Akiko should have been the top lady here -- but otherwise a good relatively splat-flat free competition.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    OMG, who would have thought that Alissa Czisny would be the top American woman to beat going into US Nationals? She has just built herself a ton of momentum and reputation points heading into Nationals to make a case for herself to be on that World team that goes to Tokyo! I'm so excited for her! Alissa is the only American woman to win an ISU senior international event since Kimmie Meissner at the 2007 Skate America with her wins at Skate Canada and now the GPF this season and this GPF win is no doubt the biggest win of Czisny's career!

Carolina Kostner with the silver!

I was really hoping these 2 would finish 1 and 2 in any order and I'm so relieved that they didn't disappoint.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 12-11-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Wow! Just wow. Alissa wins the GPF with the first 180 mark of the season! Who would've guessed

Caro takes second. They prove me wrong yet again.

Custom Title
    Wow, congrats to Alissa, Carolina, and Kanako.
    Sad for Rachael, Miki, and Suzuki. Who would have thought Rachael and Miki finished dead last. Miki is a strong skater, she should just drop the flip in the short program and put the Salchow in. She normally gets good GOE on that jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I believe Akiko should have been the top lady here -- but otherwise a good relatively splat-flat free competition.
    I completely agree. Kanako is adorable and she has that 3-3, but she seems a bit sloppy to me, and could definitely use more polish in finishing her moves, etc.

I think the writing's on the wall for Akiko--if Mao is anywhere near half-decent, Akiko's probably going to be left off the world team :(

The Ladies skated so well - sorry for Rachael and I wonder if she is bothered by her injury.
    If that is the case she should have withdrawn two weeks ago.

Tom Z should know if his skater isn't ready there is no point to try and compete. Too bad Kiira or one of the other alternates wasn't there instead.

Custom Title
    Are the US fans still considering GPF a "who cares" type of event????

trivia. when did a US lady won the GPF last time??

Custom Title
    This pretty much proves that if Japan wants the gold medal in the ladies event, they need Mao back! So yeah, if Mao is half decent at Nationals, I bet she will be on the team

Protocols:

Ando == six triples ratified, but all level 2 on her spins. Can you imagine her score if she cleans that up?
    Murakami == as expected an edge call on her Lutz, big loss on points but solid levels on spins and footwork and decent GOE
    Alissa == UR fiip, the lack of a third combo and level 2 on footwork cost her some points. But of course her spins save the day--look at all those +3---her last spin got seven of them! Surprise that she didn't get a zero on her last 3T. Doesn't that have to be in combination?
    Kostner == Decent levels on spins and footwork, but again lame that she did only 4 ratified triples (3T, 2 3S and 3LO)
    Akiko == Got a UR on the 2A-3T, bummber, that looked rotated to me. and an edge call on her 3F and 2F lost her some points.
    Rachael == Only one ratified triple. Wow that is a bummer. And really low levels, a level one on her first spin. :(

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast