Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    It made my weekend. One of the best things about following figure skating closely is that you notice gems that have never won a world medal. And when they finally have their day - it just makes you so happy to be a figure skating fan. Takes your mind off things in the best way possible.
    I know she's not the most consistent skater out there, but I love her, and am hoping for a great rest of the season and beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Thanks. Hope we see that smile at nationals.
    Here is a really nice exhibition skate from Alissa I came across yesterday - with choreo by Kurt Browning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-3GzaZVT8

But the original music "Don Quixote" has been dubbed over with Smetana's "The Moldau."
    It doesn't fit very well as the choreo is very stylized.

But the program and skating is really good and nice to see a more playful side of Alissa with her killer smile and charm on full display.

I always wanted to see a skater use "Moldau" but with choreo to the music as opposed to a dub over.

Anyway - wondering if anyone knows where to find this program with the original music?
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-14-2010 at 08:33 AM.

Custom Title
    That's wonderful, Janetfan--a tribute both to Alissa and to Kurt for his choreography. I bet choreographers love designing routines for Alissa because she can do justice to the intricacies of their work. Like you, I've hoped to see a skater use this substitute music, The Moldau, as the real music for a program someday. It's got wonderful intensity, fluidity, and variety. As a substitute for Don Quixote, though, I think music from Smetana's The Bartered Bride would have been closer, but I gather from the commentary below the video that the poster didn't have much of a choice in the matter. It's still fun to watch Alissa! Thanks for posting this.

Her first GP series win: 2005 Skate Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxifQnBUQuw

One of the only times (I think) she attempted a 3/3: 2005 Skate America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC4Fm1uy5hI (it was downgraded of course) but still

Tripping on the Podium
    Here it is Tuesday already and I'm still smiling about Alissa.

From AJ's frequently snarky blog:

"Czisny delivered one of the best performances of her career."
    'Winter Into Spring' is becoming a signature number for Czisny and it brings with it touches of Janet Lynn and Yuka Sato. The edges are pure. The choreography is inspired."

Here it is again -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXK3i98momk

Here we are a few days later and I am still so happy for Alissa.
    Being compared to Janet and Yuka is certainly high praise for any skater - and in Alissa's case well deserved.

This is my favorite LP of the season.
    A few have said it would be better if she "was playing a role and portraying a character."

I think Alissa has taken it a step above and beyond that as she is showing us herself.
    This lovely and expressive program is about Alissa.
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-15-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Custom Title
    I was just checking the ISU rankings for the ladies, Alissa just climbed to 6th in the world, and she is the top ranked US lady! I am very surprised to see these placements:

6. Czissny
    8. Flatt
    13. Nagasu
    14. Wagner
    20. Zhang

And in the seaon rankings she is number 1 with 1200 points! Now all she has to do is win Worlds to stay on top and win the pot of gold at the end of the season.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I was just checking the ISU rankings for the ladies, Alissa just climbed to 6th in the world, and she is the top ranked US lady! I am very surprised to see these placements:

6. Czissny
    8. Flatt
    13. Nagasu
    14. Wagner
    20. Zhang
    But to me, this is how it should be and I see the those top three as the top American ladies

I expect _ and hope _ to see our last three champions all on the podium this year. My personal prediction is 1.Mirai 2. Alissa 3. Rachael. But I wouldn't be surprised to see any order... I just hope all three skate their best and if they do I've come to the conclusion that all three will be on the podium.

btw - thanks for pointing out the AJ post Janetfan, I've been waiting... ITA that Alissa's LP perfectly highlight Alissa herself.

Custom Title
    she is also the FIrst AMerican Lady to Win under the New Scoring system (cop), sasha came in 2nd.

Just for fun - Alissa and Stephane in a "spin off"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZdOIP9NEU

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Just for fun - Alissa and Stephane in a "spin off"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZdOIP9NEU
    That is so cute, as much as I love Alissa's spins, Lambiel is still the King of spins, that would make Alissa the Duchess of spins?

On the Ice
    Thanks Ana! Lovely pictures of Alissa, especially the first and the last ones.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    She is beautiful in such a wholesome way. She seems like such a nice girl too.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast