Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Disagree...What Czisny does on the ice in those six minutes will be determined at Nationals, and nowhere else.

Whether she tanks, or nails it, I will continue to argue that this had little if anything to do with it.
    Yeah. You are probably right. But I think I'll have to watch Alissa with a good glass of wine and saying to myself "no matter what, at least she won that GPF."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    But you just have to admit- it's funny how some are carrying on as if she already crashed and burned at Nationals. People are trying to skate her Nats SP for her...I just can't stop...well, you know- I'll just state the obvious. How many times have we seen skaters nail practice after practice, only to fold when the moment arises? Or have a rough practice session, then somehow pull it together when it counts? What I'm trying to say is three words...three words all Czisny fans, and all skating fans for that matter should remember

THIS MEANS NOTHING!!!

off the soapbox.
    Well, you have a point, but your reasoning also suggests that the way she skated at the GPF also means nothing regarding how she will skated at nationals so....idk.

^Well, I guess the way it could affect her would be mental.

So let's hope it's easier for her to shake off a bad skate a sendoff and then it would have been if she had tanked at the GPF.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Well, you have a point, but your reasoning also suggests that the way she skated at the GPF also means nothing regarding how she will skated at nationals so....idk.
    Well...yes, of course it does.

A good result might give a skater confidence, but confidence does not necessarily translate to a good result next competition.

I guess a good skate can give you confidence or more nerves (pressure). In that sense, it would have been better if Alissa had been able to follow up her great GPF showing with clean skate in a low-key event - prove to herself she can do it multiple times in a row. but that's where mental toughness comes in and she's just got to put it out of her mind.

Yeah, I think Alissa should not worry about maximizing her jump base values on paper. She should plan to do what she is most comfortable doing, try not to miss any jumps or get negative GOEs. and crush the field on non-jump elements and PCSs.

^ I agree. I hope that is what her coaches are telling her.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Yes, I agree. Alissa is a beautiful skater, but rather pensive. She needs to really let go and just go with the flow. Sometimes she "thinks" too much. I also feel her nerves play a part. She is getting more confident. Great to see her doing so well.

^ I remember either reading or hearing that Frank Carroll tells his students before they take the ice "skate, skate, skate, think think think, skate, skate skate, think think think." I thought it was kinda a good way to get across that balance between giving it everything you can and not losing concentration during the jumps.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Yeah, I think Alissa should not worry about maximizing her jump base values on paper. She should plan to do what she is most comfortable doing, try not to miss any jumps or get negative GOEs. and crush the field on non-jump elements and PCSs.
    I'll agree that it's the best strategy for HER.

Okay, This topic needs a real boost. It is nice when a sentimental favorite wins an event. Alissa has conquered so many obstacles these past 5 seasons. We have all been there mentally whether at the competition, watching tv and more. The wait has been long and coming. It is not easy conquering one's nerves from the past. Congradulations Allissa for putting two solid programs at GPF and Nationals out in front of the Judges and your Audience. Stay calm and collective the season is not over yet.

Custom Title
    ALissa, congratulations on winning 2nd national title, . keep believing in yourself. you shown you can do it in at gpf now nationals, keep it up.
    good luck.

Congratulation Alissa on becoming the first ladies repeat for the U.S. National Title since the Kween ended her reign.
    I have always been a fan of Alissa's skating and it is so nice for her to have everything come together for her and for
    her fans.

GO get that Gold in Taipei!!
    Last edited by demarinis5; 01-31-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Down With It
    It's now or never for Czisny. Her best shot at a world medal comes this year because I think she will be surpassed both nationally and internationally in the coming years.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast