Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Custom Title
    It's a great commercial, isn't it, Mathman? A beautiful, soulful look at Detroit. I'd love to see that city revive. We should value our Rust Belt cities more. And of course Czisny belongs in that ad, because she's so closely tied with the area. I'm glad it's getting air play. It's also on YouTube if anyone has a hankering to see it.

I don't remember Gizmo. I'll have to look her up. The only lady I remember skating for a Central Asian country is Malinina. Wasn't she Uzbekistan?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    It's a great commercial, isn't it, Mathman? A beautiful, soulful look at Detroit. I'd love to see that city revive. We should value our Rust Belt cities more. And of course Czisny belongs in that ad, because she's so closely tied with the area. I'm glad it's getting air play. It's also on YouTube if anyone has a hankering to see it.

I don't remember Gizmo. I'll have to look her up. The only lady I remember skating for a Central Asian country is Malinina. Wasn't she Uzbekistan?
    I had a cheesy moment with that ad today. I was at the gym, on the treadmill, feeling tired after the fourth mile of my run. I started to slow the machine down--then the commercial came on, and I thought, "If Detroit and Alissa can come back from last year--I can at least finish the next two miles strong."

I didn't =P Moral of the story--Alissa is a better athlete than me. Good luck at Worlds, Alissa! Medal or not, 3 spots or 2, have the performances that you (and you alone) can feel proud of.

And, yes, Olympia, Malinina was an Uzbek skater (who was born in Russia, I believe?).

Custom Title
    Thanks so much for the link! What a lovely article! I really do hope that Alissa finishes on the podium at Worlds, but most importantly I hope she performs well and is proud of her efforts regardless of how they turn out. I hope she knows that many skating fans the world over admire her efforts and have derived much enjoyment watching her skate over the years. All the best to her in this coming Worlds and in her life. When she finally retires we will all miss her presence on the ice.

I hope also Alissa will be on the podium and will not retire.
    Best wishes to both Czisny sisters.

Custom Title
    Ana, thanks for the lovely article! I can't always open the NY Times site, but this time it opened instantly. The reporter did a great job of capturing her personality--at least as we have learned of it. Distressing to hear about her sister, but maybe the remission will hold forever.

Didn't you love what she said about how inspired she was by the line "The hottest fires forge the strongest steel"? I hope she can carry that thought straight through the Worlds. (I almost wrote the Olympics. Wishful thinking! I'm going to be so sorry to see this graceful, soulful skater leave our team. There's no one else quite like her.)

Nice article thanks for posting.

Imported From Detroit - Perseverance - Only featuring Alissa Czisny

^Thanks for the link.

Tripping on the Podium
    What a lovely way to start the day. Thanks for sharing the video.

Custom Title
    What a delectable video. If I didn't already love Alissa, I would after this video.

Did you notice the marks she left on the ice as she spun? A perfect tight circle. There was a painter of the Italian Renaissance, Raphael, who supposedly was famous for being able to draw a perfect circle freehand. Here's his descendant!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What a delectable video. If I didn't already love Alissa, I would after this video.

Did you notice the marks she left on the ice as she spun? A perfect tight circle. There was a painter of the Italian Renaissance, Raphael, who supposedly was famous for being able to draw a perfect circle freehand. Here's his descendant!
    I did notice the marks on the ice and I was impressed. Wouldn't Alissa make a lovely World Champion? She sure has the talent.

I am going straight out and buy a Chrysler.

Great video, classy, lovely Alissa!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Wouldn't Alissa make a lovely World Champion? She sure has the talent.
    Nice thought but let's not jinx, count our chickens, etc.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast