Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Like i said before give Mirai Rachael's competitive nerves and toughness and she's a future world champion.
    But that's not the way it works in life.

Mao will be 21 in a couple of months. Right now it appears she was a better skater at 18 than she is now.
    Joannie won an OBM at what 23 or 24? Unlike Mirai, Joannie did not finish as high as 4th at the Olympics when she was 16.

Alissa just had her best season. Who is to say Mirai won't reach her peak until she is 20 which would be 2014.

Different skaters develope and peak at different ages. I wouldn't be so hard on Mirai yet. She entered 4 events this season and medaled at three of them.I think an added jump at her first event of the season kept her from winning 4 medals in 4 events.

Many fans expected more from her but on the whole for an "off season" I think she did OK. She flubbed a spin at Natls or she would have been at Worlds.

I think her medal at 4CC was a positive way to end the season.

Let's hope she starts off next season healthy as opposed to entering it after having worn a cast on a broken foot for two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Skaters, like all of us, do the best they can with what they've got.

Its like saying, why doesn't Superman have Batman's utility belt?
    or the Batmobile... which is the most awesome thing ever!

Custom Title
    I get the feeling with Mirai that she has no self confidence and doesn't really take her skating seriously. To be world champ you have to really want it and believe you are the best. Even when Mirai says she's the best i don't believe her because she doesn't believe it either.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I get the feeling with Mirai that she has no self confidence and doesn't really take her skating seriously. To be world champ you have to really want it and believe you are the best. Even when Mirai says she's the best i don't believe her because she doesn't believe it either.
    Everytime you say this I always start picturing some cartoon character but I can't remember which. Someone eternally gloomy, can't remember if it's a Smurf or a Carebear or one of the Seven Dwarves. I only say this because you seem to like Mirai's skating but you're so incredibly pessimistic!
    Anyway, I hear what you are saying but I can't help but hope for next year. At least she finished her season on a high note and seemed determined to try again next year to make her mark. I just hope she and Frank stay together.

Czisny's Gala Performance at Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JfsvXHPEGc

Lovely

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Everytime you say this I always start picturing some cartoon character but I can't remember which. Someone eternally gloomy, can't remember if it's a Smurf or a Carebear or one of the Seven Dwarves. I only say this because you seem to like Mirai's skating but you're so incredibly pessimistic!
    Anyway, I hear what you are saying but I can't help but hope for next year. At least she finished her season on a high note and seemed determined to try again next year to make her mark. I just hope she and Frank stay together.
    Eeyore?. He was always my favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Eeyore?. He was always my favourite!
    Yes, Eeyore!! No, seriously, I think it's Eeyore I was trying to remember. Whew, thanks, that was bugging me.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    Czisny's Gala Performance at Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JfsvXHPEGc
    Man

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Eeyore, maybe? There's not a gloomy dwarf... grumpy is the only negative character, but he's not doom and gloom he just is, well, grumpy. there was a gloomy smurf, though, and a couple of Eeyore type care bears... yes I'm a child of the 80s.

Congrats Alissa! What an amazing season

US title, Grand Prix Final Champion and top 5 in the worlds!

Custom Title
    Oh I'm so incredibly happy she is sticking around for another season! I was rooting so hard for her to make the podium (and she was SO close too). I hope she improves her skating even more for next season. What a fantastic season!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Eeyore, maybe? There's not a gloomy dwarf... grumpy is the only negative character, but he's not doom and gloom he just is, well, grumpy. there was a gloomy smurf, though, and a couple of Eeyore type care bears... yes I'm a child of the 80s.

Yes, it's Eeyore I was trying to think of. I checked at the smurfs, dwarfs and carebears were all grumpy or grouchy not gloomy.

When Jammers says that about Mirai I swear I imagine him/her speaking in Eeyore's voice and looking all downcast. I mean that in the best way possible. Who doesn't love Eeyore?

Custom Title
    Has Alissa tweeted about her experiences at ATS Spring? I hope she had a good time performing there. I think she is listed as performing at a show in Japan also later this Summer.

Down With It
    Tweeted? Is she on Twitter now?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast