ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread | Page 11 | Golden Skate

ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

R.D.

Record Breaker
Czisny will be sticking around for another season! :)

Good news for Czisny fans.

But I think also for USA skating fans, because she seems to be the only American lady to actually step up this season. Nevermind that she fell short of a world medal, but everyone save Nagasu was really struggling...and then Nagasu buried herself at Nats. Ugh. Hopefully the new generation is more competitive internationally.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Happy to hear Alissa still wants to skate and compete.

I have a feeling we haven't seen her best yet and maybe next season will be it.

Thanks for the great season Alissa and as always for your beautiful skating.

Hooray for Alissa! And I'm so glad we get another chance to watch her wonderful skating.

I agree that it's a benefit for the U.S. as well as just for Alissa's fans. Not only has no one else stepped up to the plate this year, but Alissa is a distinctive skater whose high-quality spins and musicality really contribute to what good skating can be.

And congratulations also to Yuka Sato and Jason Dunjen, who were able to polish this diamond so that she glowed in a world arena.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's hard to understand why now the US can't produce a quality ladies skater who also is a good competitor. Either they are lacking in talent and skills like Rachael or are headcases like Mirai. Like i said before give Mirai Rachael's competitive nerves and toughness and she's a future world champion.

Skaters, like all of us, do the best they can with what they've got.

Its like saying, why doesn't Superman have Batman's utility belt?

janetfan

Match Penalty
Like i said before give Mirai Rachael's competitive nerves and toughness and she's a future world champion.

But that's not the way it works in life.

Mao will be 21 in a couple of months. Right now it appears she was a better skater at 18 than she is now.
Joannie won an OBM at what 23 or 24? Unlike Mirai, Joannie did not finish as high as 4th at the Olympics when she was 16.

Alissa just had her best season. Who is to say Mirai won't reach her peak until she is 20 which would be 2014.

Different skaters develope and peak at different ages. I wouldn't be so hard on Mirai yet. She entered 4 events this season and medaled at three of them.I think an added jump at her first event of the season kept her from winning 4 medals in 4 events.

Many fans expected more from her but on the whole for an "off season" I think she did OK. She flubbed a spin at Natls or she would have been at Worlds.

I think her medal at 4CC was a positive way to end the season.

Let's hope she starts off next season healthy as opposed to entering it after having worn a cast on a broken foot for two months.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Skaters, like all of us, do the best they can with what they've got.

Its like saying, why doesn't Superman have Batman's utility belt?

or the Batmobile... which is the most awesome thing ever!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get the feeling with Mirai that she has no self confidence and doesn't really take her skating seriously. To be world champ you have to really want it and believe you are the best. Even when Mirai says she's the best i don't believe her because she doesn't believe it either.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I get the feeling with Mirai that she has no self confidence and doesn't really take her skating seriously. To be world champ you have to really want it and believe you are the best. Even when Mirai says she's the best i don't believe her because she doesn't believe it either.

Everytime you say this I always start picturing some cartoon character but I can't remember which. Someone eternally gloomy, can't remember if it's a Smurf or a Carebear or one of the Seven Dwarves. I only say this because you seem to like Mirai's skating but you're so incredibly pessimistic!
Anyway, I hear what you are saying but I can't help but hope for next year. At least she finished her season on a high note and seemed determined to try again next year to make her mark. I just hope she and Frank stay together.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Everytime you say this I always start picturing some cartoon character but I can't remember which. Someone eternally gloomy, can't remember if it's a Smurf or a Carebear or one of the Seven Dwarves. I only say this because you seem to like Mirai's skating but you're so incredibly pessimistic!
Anyway, I hear what you are saying but I can't help but hope for next year. At least she finished her season on a high note and seemed determined to try again next year to make her mark. I just hope she and Frank stay together.

Eeyore?. He was always my favourite!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Eeyore, maybe? There's not a gloomy dwarf... grumpy is the only negative character, but he's not doom and gloom he just is, well, grumpy. there was a gloomy smurf, though, and a couple of Eeyore type care bears... yes I'm a child of the 80s.