ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread | Page 7 | Golden Skate

ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Layfan

Record Breaker
I'd never seen that side of Alissa. She does well. i don't remember seeing her do an I spin before. Nice to see her looking so relaxed.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very strange to see Alissa skating to some modern music and not the typical classical music. Also nice to see her hair not be in that rather conservative bun she always put it in. The ponytail makes her look younger. Of course it's not like she's 40. LOL

MKFSfan

Medalist
I'd never seen that side of Alissa. She does well. i don't remember seeing her do an I spin before. Nice to see her looking so relaxed.
Alissa used to include the front catch "I-spin" in a lot of her programs. Seems like in recent years, she's gone with the Y-spin with the dropped free arm. From 2004:
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/alissaczisny/photos/2004sa/IMG_6750.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see this "young" playful side, LOVE the hair and she is SO pretty! My only complaint was no layback! ;-P

reynycpr

On the Ice
^^thank you for the link! good read!

RE: "Do you think you'll continue on to try for Sochi 2014?"
AC: "When I committed myself to competing again this season, I committed to competing for one year. I'm not going to make any other decisions until this season is finished. But I know one thing for sure--I love skating and I'm not going to stop skating! "

I'm happy shes not getting ahead of herself and love the attitude.

about the Super Bowl commercial:
" Chrysler and the people involved in the production of this commercial found me through the Productions Plus-Talent Shop (Bingham Farms, MI) and through my skating club (Detroit Skating Club). They were looking for a female skater who was in her twenties and could spin--and I fit the description perfectly! The day we filmed the commercial, I spent several hours spinning at the outdoor rink at Campus Martius in downtown Detroit. I knew the theme of the commercial, but I didn't know that it was going to be aired during the Superbowl! When I finally saw the commercial, I was astounded by the finished product--it portrays Detroit so well and is so inspiring, not only to us Detroiters but also to Americans in general. I was honored to be a part of the commercial, and I have been continually surprised by the positive response to the commercial!"

about the elimination of the Spiral Sequence:
" I sincerely wish that the ISU had not eliminated the spiral sequence from the short programs (and not just because I can gain a lot of points from that element!). Our sport is both athletic and artistic, and I believe the spiral sequence helped to counterbalance the athletic side of the sport (the jumps) with its more artistic qualities."

and about Worlds:
"Yes, I have set personal goals for myself at the upcoming World Championships, and I'd also like to help earn three spots for the US team for next year's Worlds. Most of all, though, I'm looking forward to competing my very best at the competition!"

Wonderful!

Last edited:
I thought that had to be Alissa! What a wonderful commercial. I am moved by it every time I see it. I'd love to see a resurgence of Detroit (and American-made products), and I love that the advertisers thought of skating as a part of what they wanted to show about Detroit's identity.

I hope Alissa keeps that idea of resilience in her mind as she skates at Worlds, and that it carries her onto the podium!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Does one think Czisny will be forgiven by fans if she DOES manage to get that 3rd spot back? You know, for the disaster that was 2009?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The disaster was the 2008 team that lost the 3rd spot in the first place not Alissa. And why doesn't anyone get on Mirai for collapsing at Worlds last year? A decent skate in the LP and she medals and the US gets 3 spots this year.

R.D.

Record Breaker
The disaster was the 2008 team that lost the 3rd spot in the first place not Alissa. And why doesn't anyone get on Mirai for collapsing at Worlds last year? A decent skate in the LP and she medals and the US gets 3 spots this year.

I was just as hard on Nagasu last year, if you read my previous posts. At the same time, I was wondering why so many more chose to give her a pass- many times, the same people who raked Czisny over the coals.

And yes, I pointed out the 2008 team in a recent post (not sure if it was in this thread or not).

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Well, Mirai still finished ahead of Rachael last year, and she at least had one good program at worlds, whereas Rachael had 2 shaky programs there, so it wouldn't really make sense to blame Mirai because she wasn't the lowest finishing American lady at worlds last year, whereas Alissa was in 2009.