Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    That's one accusation I have not have had to contend with.
    Go Caroline!

Actually, about fans taking personal affront at skater's performances, I think the one who has taken the most flack is Lysacek. How dare he have the nerve to win something when I like Johnny Weir and Evgeny Plushenko better!

Now me, I will never forgive Tara for not having the common decency to throw herself under a bus on the way to the arena in Nagano.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    That's one accusation I have not have had to contend with.
    Heh. I'll give you that one

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Go Caroline!

Actually, about fans taking personal affront at skater's performances, I think the one who has taken the most flack is Lysacek. How dare he have the nerve to win something when I like Johnny Weir and Evgeny Plushenko better!

Now me, I will never forgive Tara for not having the common decency to throw herself under a bus on the way to the arena in Nagano.
    About Lysacek, definitely! I was amazed at how angry at Lysacek personally some people were getting. And all he did was skate his best. After that, the verdict was out of his hands.

And I hear you about Tara.

Seriously, it took a long time before I could get over the fact that they gave the gold to her and not to Michelle. I couldn't even watch any performance of Lyra Angelica for years. It was only after watching half a decade's worth of additional skating performances by Michelle when I realized that that tenth of a point was one of the greatest gifts to ladies' skating in the modern era. It's highly possible that a girl with dreams of college and career would have packed up her skates and left the sport almost right away if she'd won the OGM. Think of what we'd have all missed out on, including Michelle herself! So Tara has the gold and a place in history, and Kwan has a place in American skating that's like no one else's. And Lyra is one of my favorite Kwan programs of all.

I hope the Plushenko/Weir fans will be able to recover similarly in the future. I disagree with them in this case, but I certainly understand the strength of their emotions.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Go Caroline!

Don't forget--how dare Sarah re-choreograph her program and skate it like that on the biggest night of Michelle's life!

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Don't forget--how dare Sarah re-choreograph her program and skate it like that on the biggest night of Michelle's life!
    and how dare teh ice makers make the ice slippery where it threw the kween off and she nearly splatted.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    and how dare teh ice makers make the ice slippery where it threw the kween off and she nearly splatted.
    Toni, it was the blade maker! MK should have sued MK!

Down With It
    Haha I don't think I've ever seen "kween" and "splatted" in same sentence...well played

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Haha I don't think I've ever seen "kween" and "splatted" in same sentence...well played
    I'm feeling incredibly snarky and awesome today, so thanks... sometimes my brilliance plays through!

(the fact that a good friend just won the biggest race of his life/career has also added to my game... he wasn't even supposed to be in the hunt for the top five!)

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Go Caroline!

Ha! Weir and Plu were not at Worlds 2009 and I was not amused for tHe result either. Just an example to point out that there is one case that one doesnt enjoy much(=at all)a skater reardless of if they beat a fav or queen of england If a fav is to be beaten , better be beaten by someone you like
    In case of Sara who I didnt like anyway AND she beated TWO favorites.. yeap she is doomed

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Ha! Weir and Plu were not at Worlds 2009 and I was not amused for tHe result either.
    Plu?
    Hey, it took me almost a year to figure out who "Gizmo" is.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    About Lysacek, definitely! I was amazed at how angry at Lysacek personally some people were getting. And all he did was skate his best. After that, the verdict was out of his hands.

And I hear you about Tara.

Seriously, it took a long time before I could get over the fact that they gave the gold to her and not to Michelle. I couldn't even watch any performance of Lyra Angelica for years. It was only after watching half a decade's worth of additional skating performances by Michelle when I realized that that tenth of a point was one of the greatest gifts to ladies' skating in the modern era. It's highly possible that a girl with dreams of college and career would have packed up her skates and left the sport almost right away if she'd won the OGM. Think of what we'd have all missed out on, including Michelle herself! So Tara has the gold and a place in history, and Kwan has a place in American skating that's like no one else's. And Lyra is one of my favorite Kwan programs of all.

I hope the Plushenko/Weir fans will be able to recover similarly in the future. I disagree with them in this case, but I certainly understand the strength of their emotions.

Mmmhhhm. If Michelle had won gold in Nagano she might not have become Michelle Kwan, Figure Skating Legend. I got over that a long time ago.... so did Michelle.

Down With It
    Ha, I still don't even know who "Gizmo" is. But I kinda don't care any more.

Medalist
    All right, for the benefit of all the goldenskaters, Gizmo is Anastasia Gimazetdinova

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^How can you not know her!!!Anastasia Gimazetinova..or somethin,sorry i cant spell it,she is from Uzbekistan and skates since I entered in High school

I don't know if it was shown nationwide, but they showed Alissa's Detroit-Chrysler commercial four times on TV tonight. Not the full two-minute eminem version, but a shorter take that included Alissa spinning. Twice on Survivor and twice on Modern Family, two blockbuster shows in terms of viewership.

Too bad her part is only about a quarter of a second long -- time for about two-and-a-half revolutions of a Bielmann spin. *She said they made her spin for four hours to get that less-than-a-second clip.

I hope she makes a huge ton of money each time they show it!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast