Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    After all the talk of triple-triples, it's kind of poetic justice that the American lady to end our international medal drought is Alissa. And she didn't do it because everyone else fell, either.
    This says it all. Who would have thought?

American ladies have not won a world medal in 4 years. Will it happen this year, and if it does, who will be the one to do it?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    This says it all. Who would have thought?

American ladies have not won a world medal in 4 years. Will it happen this year, and if it does, who will be the one to do it?
    I feel like this season, where Joannie is out, Alissa is taking her place. A top contender who isn't asian and doesn't have a 3-3 but the other great qualities in their skating make up for it. And they aren't teenagers either, both are on the "older" end of skaters, particularly in North America.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Just for fun - Alissa and Stephane in a "spin off"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZdOIP9NEU
    How delightful! Thanks for unearthing that for us, jfan.

Custom Title
    I am sure she was the reason that helped boost NBC rating that GPF weekend. Congrats Alissa!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I feel like this season, where Joannie is out, Alissa is taking her place. A top contender who isn't asian and doesn't have a 3-3 but the other great qualities in their skating make up for it. And they aren't teenagers either, both are on the "older" end of skaters, particularly in North America.
    I dunno, that seems a little reductive.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I kind of get what you mean, but for me the connection's very faint because the two are so different. Alissa makes up for her average jumps by banking on her spins, Joannie vice-versa (how I miss her quality triples). Their skating styles are very different. Expression-wise, quite different as well. In a field that includes Joannie and Alissa, I definitely see Joannie as the stronger competitor (the 120+ JO S&D )

With Joannie, Yu-na and Mao off this GP season, I rooted for Alissa. She's like a breath of fresh air with that Winston piece. I can't believe she's actually pulling it off. I'm usually a sucker for amazing jump technique, but Alissa's beautiful qualities (and those costumes ) got me.

Down With It
    Czisny gets credit from me for not melting down at the GPF after she was in the lead and the skaters before her put the pressure on her. Kudos.

HOWEVER- all this talk of her now being consistent, a top contender, being mentioned in the same breath as Rochette et al, is premature. I cannot stress enough how vital it is that she do well at Nats, and worlds if she makes it. Otherwise we are back to square one with her. We've had these kinds of seasons with her before...strong start, fading towards the end. At this point it will take an ENTIRE season of successful results for her to convince me she's for real.

She seems quite nice, though, from personal experience and from interviews, so naturally she will be a sentimental choice for many.
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-22-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Very happy to be an Alissa Czisny fan. I did some researching behind her long program and I'm declaring that this program is very well constructed and a masterpeice when she hits it.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    HOWEVER- all this talk of her now being consistent, a top contender, being mentioned in the same breath as Rochette et al, is premature.
    Premature, yes, but my gut feeling tells me she's on the right track. This article sums it up for me:

The [GPF] title serves as another affirmation that she made the right move after failing to make the Olympic team last season with her 10th-place finish at nationals. Instead of quitting, Czisny changed directions, splitting with Julie Berlin, her longtime coach, and turning to the DSC coaching tandem of Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen. The coaches, who are married, also train two-time men's U.S. champ Jeremy Abbott.

To me, the move signaled that Czisny was ready to take ownership of her skating.

"I almost feel like this is a new beginning for me," she told the media Saturday in Beijing. "The past is gone -- over and done with. I'm a new skater."

Where are Alissa's Chances for 2011? Nationals? Worlds If she makes it?

Custom Title
    Just a reminder for fans in the Detroit area that Alissa is scheduled to perform this Saturday in the Detroit Skating Club's annual Nationals Send-Off Show at 6 pm in Bloomfield Hills, MI -- here's the thread I started for this event: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho....-8-(Sat.-6-pm)

Custom Title
    I'm late but just today Ifelt the wish to look at alissa long at the GPF and I want to say how much I was enchanted by it!
    The podium was just perfect IMO! I was so happy to see Alissa and Carolina on the podium with all the critics and bad times they have been through! The italian commentators said that it was the art, the artistic part of skating that was rewarded this time, not just technique! And they were right!
    Alissa has a wonderful program this season! I'm in love with it! I hope to see her skating again like this!

But I need your help: I know that her lond is from a selection from the album winter to spring of g.winston but..do you know what pieces she used? I'm looking especially for the last part, were she has the last two spins and the footwork! If someone knows please tell me!
    Thank you in advance!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    I know that her long is from a selection from the album winter to spring of g.winston but..do you know what pieces she used?
    I know the second piece in Alissa's FS is "February Sea."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
    i know the second piece in alissa's fs is "february sea."
    thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatetomusic View Post
    Where are Alissa's Chances for 2011? Nationals? Worlds If she makes it?
    Podium contender for both, likely winner of Nationals.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast