ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

Layfan

Record Breaker
Disagree...What Czisny does on the ice in those six minutes will be determined at Nationals, and nowhere else.

Whether she tanks, or nails it, I will continue to argue that this had little if anything to do with it.

Yeah. You are probably right. But I think I'll have to watch Alissa with a good glass of wine and saying to myself "no matter what, at least she won that GPF."

silverlake22

Record Breaker
:eek:: But you just have to admit- it's funny how some are carrying on as if she already crashed and burned at Nationals. People are trying to skate her Nats SP for her...I just can't stop...well, you know- I'll just state the obvious. How many times have we seen skaters nail practice after practice, only to fold when the moment arises? Or have a rough practice session, then somehow pull it together when it counts? What I'm trying to say is three words...three words all Czisny fans, and all skating fans for that matter should remember

THIS MEANS NOTHING!!!

off the soapbox.

Well, you have a point, but your reasoning also suggests that the way she skated at the GPF also means nothing regarding how she will skated at nationals so....idk.

Layfan

Record Breaker
^Well, I guess the way it could affect her would be mental.

So let's hope it's easier for her to shake off a bad skate a sendoff and then it would have been if she had tanked at the GPF.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, you have a point, but your reasoning also suggests that the way she skated at the GPF also means nothing regarding how she will skated at nationals so....idk.

Well...yes, of course it does.

A good result might give a skater confidence, but confidence does not necessarily translate to a good result next competition.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I guess a good skate can give you confidence or more nerves (pressure). In that sense, it would have been better if Alissa had been able to follow up her great GPF showing with clean skate in a low-key event - prove to herself she can do it multiple times in a row. but that's where mental toughness comes in and she's just got to put it out of her mind.

Yeah, I think Alissa should not worry about maximizing her jump base values on paper. She should plan to do what she is most comfortable doing, try not to miss any jumps or get negative GOEs. and crush the field on non-jump elements and PCSs.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Yes, I agree. Alissa is a beautiful skater, but rather pensive. She needs to really let go and just go with the flow. Sometimes she "thinks" too much. I also feel her nerves play a part. She is getting more confident. Great to see her doing so well.

Layfan

Record Breaker
^ I remember either reading or hearing that Frank Carroll tells his students before they take the ice "skate, skate, skate, think think think, skate, skate skate, think think think." I thought it was kinda a good way to get across that balance between giving it everything you can and not losing concentration during the jumps.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think Alissa should not worry about maximizing her jump base values on paper. She should plan to do what she is most comfortable doing, try not to miss any jumps or get negative GOEs. and crush the field on non-jump elements and PCSs.

I'll agree that it's the best strategy for HER.

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
Okay, This topic needs a real boost. It is nice when a sentimental favorite wins an event. Alissa has conquered so many obstacles these past 5 seasons. We have all been there mentally whether at the competition, watching tv and more. The wait has been long and coming. It is not easy conquering one's nerves from the past. Congradulations Allissa for putting two solid programs at GPF and Nationals out in front of the Judges and your Audience. Stay calm and collective the season is not over yet.

fairly4

Medalist
ALissa, congratulations on winning 2nd national title, . keep believing in yourself. you shown you can do it in at gpf now nationals, keep it up.
good luck.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulation Alissa on becoming the first ladies repeat for the U.S. National Title since the Kween ended her reign.
I have always been a fan of Alissa's skating and it is so nice for her to have everything come together for her and for
her fans.

GO get that Gold in Taipei!!

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's now or never for Czisny. Her best shot at a world medal comes this year because I think she will be surpassed both nationally and internationally in the coming years.

christinaskater

Medalist
What a season for her! Grand Prix Final CHampion and 2x US Champion!

I wish her all the best for 4 Continents and Worlds!

I hope she wins the 4 COntinents and medal at the worlds

Mao, Yu-Na, Miki, so many big names! She needs to just focus and believe! She has it!!!!

How great to be able to cheer on a successful Alissa! There is such a wonderful quality to her skating, and her spins are among the best ever. I've always felt that our country is lucky to have her, no matter how she does internationally. But it would be grand if she could finally realize her potential. With the field today, I don't envision her winning a gold unless there are some huge surprises, but realistically she could be on the podium. Wouldn't that be a magnificent outcome.

R.D.

Record Breaker
stranger things have happened.

2006 Worlds: most people didn't have Meissner even on the podium, let alone winning.

Who knows, really.

krenseby

Final Flight
stranger things have happened.

2006 Worlds: most people didn't have Meissner even on the podium, let alone winning.

Who knows, really.

I was actually surprised that the judges were willing to let Meissner win. Often, skaters that are relatively new to the senior scene aren't received well. Take Rachael Flatt for example; she may land lots of triples but still end up behind skaters will less triples. If the 2006 Worlds were judged the way competitions are judged today, it is unlikely that Meissner would have won.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Judges didn't really have a choice IMHO. The favorites did pretty badly.