ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread | Page 6 | Golden Skate

ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

krenseby

Final Flight
In the gala, it didn't count, and she slipped. Write it off as a bad practice, it happens to all.

I actually think the real issue is that she doesn't have the technique adjustments that she learned under her new coaches down a 100%. That is, she still has to follow a set of steps to get the jumps right, but once she stops focusing on these steps, the jumps come out wrong. Hopefully at some point, the technique she uses in competition will become second nature to her. (I am talking about the whole muscle memory thing.)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I actually think the real issue is that she doesn't have the technique adjustments that she learned under her new coaches down a 100%. That is, she still has to follow a set of steps to get the jumps right, but once she stops focusing on these steps, the jumps come out wrong. Hopefully at some point, the technique she uses in competition will become second nature to her. (I am talking about the whole muscle memory thing.)

Hmm, there's something in what you say there.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Alissa and the Super Bowl

I just saw Alissa in a Chysler commercial! She was doing a spin in an outdoor rink. She can now say she was in a commercial with Eminem! Anyone see it?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I just saw Alissa in a Chysler commercial! She was doing a spin in an outdoor rink. She can now say she was in a commercial with Eminem! Anyone see it?

Here's the 2 minute version of the Chrysler Eminem ad, with a link that will send you directly to the part where Alissa appears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jJjMULMcS4k#t=52s

You may want to rewind it for the full context. It's an ad about how tough Chrysler and Detroit are, and of course both Eminem and Alissa are two luminaries from that stinky, stinky city. Mrs. P and aemeraldrainc, was the ad you saw during the Super Bowl that long? It seems more likely they edited it down to 30 seconds. Good to know they kept Alissa in.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Wow, I'm also reading elsewhere that Chrysler ponied up the cash for a 2 minute spot during the Super Bowl. I am also reading that it is the longest ad for this Super Bowl. That would make it the most expensive ad of the Super Bowl / the whole year. You can tell a lot of thought went into every part of the ad. Alissa's inclusion was a brilliant choice. Expect to see this ad run a lot more.

The immediate reaction to this ad is extremely positive. Detroiters are proud of it, people elsewhere are inspired by it. Definitely expect to see a lot more of this ad, and Alissa getting a higher profile because of it.

I'm no fan of Chrysler but I do think the ad will help the city of Detroit, and that city needs a lot of help.

Last edited:

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
wow, i'm also reading elsewhere that chrysler ponied up the cash for a 2 minute spot during the super bowl. I am also reading that it is the longest ad for this super bowl. That would make it the most expensive ad of the super bowl / the whole year. You can tell a lot of thought went into every part of the ad. Alissa's inclusion was a brilliant choice. Expect to see this ad run a lot more.

The immediate reaction to this ad is extremely positive. Detroiters are proud of it, people elsewhere are inspired by it. Definitely expect to see a lot more of this ad, and alissa getting a higher profile because of it.

I'm no fan of chrysler but i do think the ad will help the city of detroit, and that city needs a lot of help.

ita!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Given the theme of the ad is resurgence and persistance , it's quite appropriate that Alissa was included!

That was so cool. Yes, it was a good, long ad showing all the wonderful sights of Detroit, Alissa being the most wonderful! :rock:

pista04

On the Ice
from that stinky, stinky city

Hey now, as a Detroit-Area native, that's a little harsh. Detroit has a wonderful past, and nearly hosted the Winter Olympics twice. The transformation it is undergoing is brilliant, and I am proud of the Big 3 for how they have attacked the recovery like they have. =]

And, interestingly, they must have made these decisions before 2011 Nationals....looks like they had some faith in her. If you say they wanted a skater from the Detroit Figure Skating Club, that's true....but it's actually in Bloomfield Hills, MI, so it would have been just as easy to get Davis/White or any other strong team from Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton, MI.

Here's what the ad is really about. Remember when America actually made stuff? Rather than sitting at desks shuffling papers, providing "financial services," and buying everything from abroad while running up a crushing national debt?

Remember when you could earn an honest wage for doing an honest day's work?

Well, that's gritty Detroit, then...and in the coming future.

With Alissa Czisny and M&M leading the way, cruising down I75 in their brand new Chryslers. :yes:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Hey now, as a Detroit-Area native, that's a little harsh. Detroit has a wonderful past, and nearly hosted the Winter Olympics twice. The transformation it is undergoing is brilliant, and I am proud of the Big 3 for how they have attacked the recovery like they have. =]

I'm sorry. It's just whenever I write anything that's all inspirational and sweet I instinctively feel the need to mix it up a little with an absurd insult, in case any diabetics are reading.

And, interestingly, they must have made these decisions before 2011 Nationals....looks like they had some faith in her. If you say they wanted a skater from the Detroit Figure Skating Club, that's true....but it's actually in Bloomfield Hills, MI, so it would have been just as easy to get Davis/White or any other strong team from Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton, MI.

I'm sure the ad agency were simply looking for successful, hardworking athletes associated with Detroit that gets reported on by Detroit media and that Detroiters are proud of. Davis/White would fit the bill, too. In fact, Charlie White tweeted a big shout out and congrats to Alissa a few hours ago. And I'm sure the fact that it's Alissa in the ad is just a matter of how things fell into place, and no slight against Davis/White. However, I do think Alissa's comeback arc fit the theme of the ad better just as a matter of synchronicity. Also, showing Davis/White doing their moves may have given the ad a tinge of romance that would've distracted from the central message. Not that Davis/White are dating, or that ice dancing training isn't hard and gritty. It's just that if you show two photogenic people in such physical proximity in an ad, the conclusions are automatic. Of course, that's wildly speculative on my part.

Last edited:

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
I loved this ad, it was the only commercial that truly caught my attention this Super Bowl. It brought tears to my eyes, and a friend of mine who was born and raised in Detroit was very proud of it. I love it's message about rising from the ashes and it's almost prophetic that Alissa was included in this before her win at Nationals. I find it so perfect that they picked a skater who had fallen to the depths, just as the city had, and is now on an upward swing. Good for Alissa and Chrysler, the ad made me proud to be from a blue-collar upbringing.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I loved that commercial! The other commercials were funny, and grabbed my attention that way, but that commercial made me feel proud of America--and proud of Alissa as she takes on the world next month!

No matter where she places at Worlds and 4CC's, I will always look at Alissa's career as a microcosmic view of what Americans have gone through together as a nation since 1776 to now.

lavender

Record Breaker
Really like the commercial especially now that Alissa is in it. Happy for her to have sponsors or endorsements.

R.D.

Record Breaker
REGARDLESS of whether Czisny was in it or not I thought it was well done.